2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

That's neither here nor there. I'm certain they have a certain amount of material but neither would "leak" or sell it for any reason.

No, I didn't say they would sell it. I meant if they actually needed the tracks for their work. 

I remember Ron saying he had to learn the new songs through some notebook speaker because they wouldn't let him bring the tracks with him at home for studying. Obviously, he was still new in the band and eventually got more trust from Axl at least.

• Like 1

I found this from the interview from Trunk to Axl in 2006. Interesting...so he could heard something about Tommy out/ Duff back in 2006

Trunk: Axl, let me ask you something real quick, and we're gonna put a song. I wanted to ask you this: Tommy Stinson's still in the band right?

Axl: Absolutely

Overall, I feel like:

Devius Bastard, Zodiac, Oklahoma are ALL awesome. Same for HS, Perhaps, SoG, and what a killer is Atlas! Dub Suplex is pure genious.

In contrast, Billionaire is a bit too excentric for my taste. Neither do I see value in Dummy.

Particularly, I feel Zodiac as a bit Velvet-Revolvet-ish of a song, idk why, but It is good, anyway.

Edited by ezosk
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ezosk said:

Overall, I feel like:

Devius Bastard, Zodiac, Oklahoma are ALL awesome. Same for HS, Perhaps, SoG, and what a killer is Atlas! Dub Suplex is pure genious.

In contrast, Billionaire is a bit too excentric for my taste. Neither do I see value in Dummy.

Particularly, I feel Zodiac as a bit Velvet-Revolvet-ish of a song, idk why, but It is good, anyway.

I feel that Dummy and Real Doll.com were intended to be outro jam songs. Maybe with movie samples or some random Axl screams.

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Dummy is easily one of the best instrumentals on these discs, IMO. Top 3 for sure.

I’d agree...if it was half the length. For me it’s just a little too long for the ideas brought forward in it. That said, it’s hard to judge from an instrumental, vocals could add a whole new dimension to it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

If you listen to the cellphone leak the melody is pretty similar. 

Billionaire orchestra synth may have a similar vibe, but neither really sound like The General, and aren't connected. The General was a separate track brought in by Brain after a writing/jam session with Extrakd. That would be some time after these tracks, some of which would have their origins pre-Brain. Marco Beltrami also wrote The General's orchestral arrangement about 2 years after that mix of Billionaire we have.

• Like 2

On 14/10/2019 at 10:19 PM, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah I just used it as the title since I know now it’s fake and couldn’t think of anything else to call it. Figured it would be a funny joke lol.

It’s the same version that leaked with the first versions we heard of Quicksong and Zodiac. Not sure if that helps or not.

Where art thou chairman??... Hear are calls, answer our prayers... Vocals please and many thanks brave soldier 💪☺

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

Yeah what happened to the chairman?

I've been saying it since the last disc "Rough Mixes CD 2" dropped; the leaks are done. 

Maaaaybe we'll get the VMA rehearsals but that's only 20 minutes and most people don't care about it anyway. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I've been saying it since the last disc "Rough Mixes CD 2" dropped; the leaks are done. 

Maaaaybe we'll get the VMA rehearsals but that's only 20 minutes and most people don't care about it anyway. 

I also think this is how it most likely is. I know for sure there are other goodies somewhere out there, but people in possession of them are not gonna share/leak it anytime soon, so I guess we have to be happy with what we got. after all, it's a shitload :) 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1