2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

40 minutes ago, betterman said:

Maybe the chairman will deliver for Halloween?? :blink:

I think it is a safe bet to say the Chairman thing was really all about leaking the Village Session disks in full and nothing really beyond that (disregarding the whole email controversy) - at least I think at this point assuming more leaked music is to come will be setting ourselves up for disappointment lol

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

On 10/25/2019 at 2:44 AM, lukepowell1988 said:

Been listening to perhaps a lot recently how the fuck did that not make it on the album what a tune 

Just imagine CD but Perhaps in place of If the world. State of Grace in place of Scraped and Hard School in place of Riad. That is a much much much better album. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 2

On 29/10/2019 at 8:12 AM, betterman said:

Maybe the chairman will deliver for Halloween?? :blink:

I keep hoping that this might be the case!

I'm still holding onto the mention of "hard drives galore". It seems weird that he'd tease that and then go back on it, given that he was true to his word before and leaked the whole Village Sessions discs.

Edited by jackparker123

38 minutes ago, betterman said:

Rumor is there is other village discs out there with other finished vocal tracks..

Where did you hear that?

Just saw on other forum - the poster seems to have been been right with certain rumours in the past.

Edited by DTJ80
Found source of rumour

52 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

It would be nice but I doubt it. I'm getting ready to leave the main board again and hang out in Anything Goes.

That poster has been right before so hopefully something appears. If not, the other discs will just need to keep us going in the meantime I guess.

• Like 1

I know how it’s commonly believed that Chinese Denocracy is overproduced, what I didn’t appreciate however is that has also applied to the vocals, and that there must be layers of the same vocal track on each song to the extent that words can’t easily be distinguished. Listening to Prostitute for example some of the lyrics I can now actually hear, with the words being properly enunciated. I guess with layers of a vocal track some enunciation is lost. I always thought it was strange how it sounded like Axl couldn’t say some words properly, I guess this explains it. Pretty sad really.

6 hours ago, Carburetta said:

I know how it’s commonly believed that Chinese Denocracy is overproduced, what I didn’t appreciate however is that has also applied to the vocals, and that there must be layers of the same vocal track on each song to the extent that words can’t easily be distinguished. Listening to Prostitute for example some of the lyrics I can now actually hear, with the words being properly enunciated. I guess with layers of a vocal track some enunciation is lost. I always thought it was strange how it sounded like Axl couldn’t say some words properly, I guess this explains it. Pretty sad really.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the double-layered vocals either. I guess it was a compensation for the "cleaner voice" approach Axl chose. 

5 hours ago, Gunner55 said:

Well everyone, I guess the question of "which leak of the last batch is greatest" question has been answered in my household. 

My 6 year old daughter last night out of nowhere asked me "Who's your Mack Daddy" 

The other day happened the sane with my wife.

We were watching tv news and ir was announced the death of al-bagdadi.

It sounds like mcdaddy and she already said whos your mcdaddy hey hey

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Finck2006 said:

The other day happened the sane with my wife.

We were watching tv news and ir was announced the death of al-bagdadi.

It sounds like mcdaddy and she already said whos your mcdaddy hey hey

As long as we're throwing family member opinions out there:

My wife, who genuinely loves a lot of the songs on CD, said she couldn't care less about any of the leaks so far. 

I don't want to speak on his behalf, but I know @Wagszillahad some family member opinions as well. 

• Like 2

Was finally able to give everything (I think?) a listen.

All the instrumentals certainly leave more to be desired. I enjoyed them, but it makes me wonder if when Baz said there were three albums worth of material, if all those songs he heard actually had vocals on them.

Hearing all these slight variations on the songs that actually made it to CD is neat I guess, but we've been doing this for two decades now. The constant stream of nuances of each of Axl's hired hands is tiresome at this point. 

At any rate, it was refreshing to finally hear more than just, "All cautions made, every chance was given, no effort spared, to save what we had." Hardschool had a vintage Rumbo Tapes vibe to it, and I can totally see why it was left off of CD--it really wouldn't have fit. Phenomenal song.

This is the best batch of leaks we've gotten since the old days, but that's not saying much when comparing it to BITW and Silkworms. Maybe CD was, for the most part, the best of what Axl had to offer? For years so many GNR fans have been holding out that Axl is sitting on stockpiles of absolutely soul crushing songs, and that's probably just not the case.

Since there will never be a new album, I'll see y'all in 2024 when Oklahoma with vocals leaks. :)

• Like 2

Question - all the individual random songs that leaked earlier in the year bit by bit / one by one (HS, Atlas drums up etc)... Were they ultimately re-released again within the full cd (lower case!) CD leaks? I.e. Were I to have all the cd's, are those earlier individual leaks useless? I got a bit lost with what was going on if I'm honest.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yesterdays-Civil-War said:

At any rate, it was refreshing to finally hear more than just, "All cautions made, every chance was given, no effort spared, to save what we had."

I remember listening to it years ago, and now we finally got to hear the full version of the song. Thats awesome to me!