2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

10 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Same. I'd buy a live album immediately, but I really don't believe it's happening. Nor, if I'm being very honest with myself, do I believe any of the other rumours. 

We'd had 'good sources' and 'insiders' tell us about a song for the Terminator film, a T-rex cover, an EP by summer, an EP by the autumn tour, an EP by the end of the year, album by new year. etc etc. They don't happen and we get "oh, well that was the plan, but plans have changed" as a comeback from these 'insiders'. 

And the cycle repeats itself. 

It's all bollocks. Until it's official, I'm of the mind to believe no rumours whatsover. We're just trolled, over and over, by people trying to make themselves look important, who know as much about anything as you and I. 

Yep. That's always been the case with "insiders". They always get to fall back on "plans changed" but that's because the GN'R culture causes things to be that way. 

It's funny... an ex girlfriend of mine used to work at Best Buy around the time CD was released. She sent me a cell phone pic of all 3 SKUs (for the 3 covers) when they showed up in Best Buys system. Even then I was like "Hmm... I hope it actually gets released" haha

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yep. That's always been the case with "insiders". They always get to fall back on "plans changed" but that's because the GN'R culture causes things to be that way. 

It's funny... an ex girlfriend of mine used to work at Best Buy around the time CD was released. She sent me a cell phone pic of all 3 SKUs (for the 3 covers) when they showed up in Best Buys system. Even then I was like "Hmm... I hope it actually gets released" haha

ex girlfriend? she didn't like the album? :D 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Its Tino said:

A reunion this many years away from the breakup will absolutely get a blu-ray release. But before EOY? Yeah right...

Fuck that.  If they release a blue ray, it will most likely be a dvd of 37 songs, from 37 different shows, 14 covers and everything rerecorded in the studio.  Not in this lifetime live era dvd.

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, and mostly to his sources - which, I assume, are the same "insiders" of the NuGnR era. 

I remember some "reliable" rumours about a couple of years ago, like that Slash and Duff were just on contract that was going to expire in the end of 2017 and also that Axl was going to record an album with AC/DC.

As far as I am aware, there were not any long term contracts signed in the beginning because nobody knew how long this was going to last. I’d assume that’s changed. 

6 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

As far as I am aware, there were not any long term contracts signed in the beginning because nobody knew how long this was going to last. I’d assume that’s changed. 

I guess if that's true it had to do with the contracts between the touring entity and Live Nation, not with Slash and Duff being under contract for being members of GnR.

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, and mostly to his sources - which, I assume, are the same "insiders" of the NuGnR era. 

I remember some "reliable" rumours about a couple of years ago, like that Slash and Duff were just on contract that was going to expire in the end of 2017 and also that Axl was going to record an album with AC/DC.

And the “insider” had absolutely no idea about a whole new tour leg in Europe for 2018, which must’ve been planned for a long time because it was headlining festivals - so they deleted all of those rumours you mention :lol:

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, tbaugerud said:

Soul Monster with vocals leaked today, I think

7 minutes ago, Legendador said:

What? Wait? When? Where?

5 minutes ago, laoi said:

I can't find it anywhere..... Are we sure it has leaked? 

4 minutes ago, NeonKinight said:

Cant seem to find it anywhere.
I'll wait for him to explain himself.

Just to clarify:

It did NOT leak. That's just a re-run of a two year old joke on another forum. 

• Like 4

Back in July 1996, the band worked on a song for a new Jackie Chan movie. I have a theory that this song went by the working title "Jackie Chan" but would later, in 2000, be called "Hard School" and that Axl, in 2008, remembered it still as "Jackie Chan". If so, Hard School had its beginnings way back in 1996 (which might explain why it, compared to most other tracks, existed in a finished form on the locker CDs from 2000). The sessions in July 1996 were without Slash. He would join for a few weeks' session in August/September before leaving. Slash would also say that when they worked together in 1996, it was mostly on Axl's songs. If so, Hard School is likely an Axl song that first was worked on by Axl, Duff and Matt (and perhaps Dizzy), before Slash came in and probably added to it. Then, some time later, Paul Huge/Robin Finck/Buckethead added their versions/additions to the song.

Just a theory, but it might explain why Axl referred to it as "Jackie Chan".

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Back in July 1996, the band worked on a song for a new Jackie Chan movie. I have a theory that this song went by the working title "Jackie Chan" but would later, in 2000, be called "Hard School" and that Axl, in 2008, remembered it still as "Jackie Chan". If so, Hard School had its beginnings way back in 1996 (which might explain why it, compared to most other tracks, existed in a finished form on the locker CDs from 2000). The sessions in July 1996 were without Slash. He would join for a few weeks' session in August/September before leaving. Slash would also say that when they worked together in 1996, it was mostly on Axl's songs. If so, Hard School is likely an Axl song that first was worked on by Axl, Duff and Matt (and perhaps Dizzy), before Slash came in and probably added to it. Then, some time later, Paul Huge/Robin Finck/Buckethead added their versions/additions to the song.

Just a theory, but it might explain why Axl referred to it as "Jackie Chan".

I think it's also possible that Axl had written it with Paul Huge in 1995/96, during the time GnR wasn't doing almost anything as a band, and then it was worked on by Duff and Matt and then possibly Slash. It probably didn't have lyrics yet by that time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I think it's also possible that Axl had written it with Paul Huge in 1995/96, during the time GnR wasn't doing almost anything as a band, and then it was worked on by Duff and Matt and then possibly Slash. It probably didn't have lyrics yet by that time.

It's certainly possible, but do we have any evidence for it? Perhaps that Axl usually brought in piano-based songs.