2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

9 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Back in July 1996, the band worked on a song for a new Jackie Chan movie. I have a theory that this song went by the working title "Jackie Chan" but would later, in 2000, be called "Hard School" and that Axl, in 2008, remembered it still as "Jackie Chan". If so, Hard School had its beginnings way back in 1996 (which might explain why it, compared to most other tracks, existed in a finished form on the locker CDs from 2000). The sessions in July 1996 were without Slash. He would join for a few weeks' session in August/September before leaving. Slash would also say that when they worked together in 1996, it was mostly on Axl's songs. If so, Hard School is likely an Axl song that first was worked on by Axl, Duff and Matt (and perhaps Dizzy), before Slash came in and probably added to it. Then, some time later, Paul Huge/Robin Finck/Buckethead added their versions/additions to the song.

Just a theory, but it might explain why Axl referred to it as "Jackie Chan".

This would also lineup with Richard saying in 2014 that they were working on a song that Slash helped to “plant the seed for” way back in 1996. Could also explain why they chose Hard School, of all songs, to rehearse recently.

• Like 2

making an educated assumption that the band rehearsed the song is different from making a statement saying they DID rehearse it. 

if you have a reason to believe they did rehearse the song, other than the title appearing on a setlist, please share. That would be really interesting to hear. 

Edited by suckerpunched03
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, suckerpunched03 said:

making an educated assumption that the band rehearsed is different from making a statement saying they DID rehearse it. 

if you have a reason to believe they did rehearse the song other than the title appearing on a setlist please share. That would be really interesting to hear. 

Apparently several people heard it at Soundcheck before the first show minus Axl, and some guy on here was on a plane with Fortus who told him they'd rehearsed it. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

After listening to the 4 new (complete) songs countless times since they've leaked... Atlas is easily my least favourite. Brian May is the highlight of the song and the guitars overall are pretty good but the song just drags and isn't as interesting as CITR or Prostitute, etc.

State Of Grace has really grown on me too... and Hardschool. Basically Atlas is the only one I don't listen to regularly, it's kinda boring.

1. State Of Grace
2. Perhaps
3. Hardschool
4. Atlas
-----
5. KOHD Acoustic
6. Eye On You
7. everything else with vocals

• Like 3

On 11/21/2019 at 7:59 PM, Coma16 said:

Well, it was also on the Alt list. Cant imagine a song would be listed that wasnt rehearsed (Axl not included).

I"m sorry, but considering the absolute (deserved) beating that Fernando etc takes here on a regular basis, don't you think that maybe they throw some of these songs on the alt list just to fuck with the diehard fans - knowing that the list is going to show up on line either right before or right after the gig and get tongues wagging- to amuse him (them) selves?  

1 minute ago, Bluefish18 said:

I"m sorry, but considering the absolute (deserved) beating that Fernando etc takes here on a regular basis, don't you think that maybe they throw some of these songs on the alt list just to fuck with the diehard fans - knowing that the list is going to show up on line either right before or right after the gig and get tongues wagging- to amuse him (them) selves?  

And he instructed the band to rehearse it, too, to make the prank complete?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bluefish18 said:

So Fernando goes up to Slash and Duff and tells them to rehearse and put on the setlist a song they have no intention of playing just because he's having a feud with some randoms on Reddit? Don't reckon

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

After listening to the 4 new (complete) songs countless times since they've leaked... Atlas is easily my least favourite. Brian May is the highlight of the song and the guitars overall are pretty good but the song just drags and isn't as interesting as CITR or Prostitute, etc.

State Of Grace has really grown on me too... and Hardschool. Basically Atlas is the only one I don't listen to regularly, it's kinda boring.

1. State Of Grace
2. Perhaps
3. Hardschool
4. Atlas
-----
5. KOHD Acoustic
6. Eye On You
7. everything else with vocals

That's what I love about art, everyone likes something different. Since the initial leaks, Atlas has moved up to the top spot for me.

1. Atlas Shrugged

2. State Of Grace

3. Perhaps

4. Hardschool

5. Silkworms

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F*ck Fear said:

That's what I love about art, everyone likes something different. Since the initial leaks, Atlas has moved up to the top spot for me.

1. Atlas Shrugged

2. State Of Grace

3. Perhaps

4. Hardschool

5. Silkworms

I haven't listened to the leaks much at all in the past month or so. The last time I did, Atlas was my go to. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

1. Atlas Shrugged

2. State Of Grace

3. Perhaps

4. Hardschool

5. Silkworms

My top five is:

Atlas

Prl

Okalahama/Elvis 

Rhiad (JOSH) 

Perhaps

34 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Didn’t want to start a new topic, but does anyone believe that the boys are actually going to release a new album?

34 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Didn’t want to start a new topic, but does anyone believe that the boys are actually going to release a new album?

Nope

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

I am not at all sure we will se a new album from the current lineup. They claim to be working on an album but band members have claimed to be working on an album continuously since 1987 and it very rarely actually ends up as something tangible. And these very band members worked on a new album now and then in 1993-1996 without that really getting much anywhere.

But I do believe we will get more music from Guns N' Roses in the future...possible distant future. I see no reason to not release some of the music already in the vault. At some point I am sure it will be released.

Just my speculation. 

44 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

I'm optimistic. Keep the faith.

"We now believe more than ever..."

"Better than old one..."

etc etc

There was a "strong rumor" about consert in Italy next summer, wich could hint an European Tour? Has anyone heard about this or can we call it BS?

And if they tour, is it Not In this Lifetime again or some sort of Illusion tour? I bet here in Finland many will get good laughs if there is another nostalgia tour coming up =)

22 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

Fair few rumours floating around evo about a release in March but I don't think they're really based on much besides speculation and some fairly weak sources. In saying that I'm optimistic we might hear something new next year but I'm fully prepared to be disappointed. 

Edited by Caedo

22 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

As far as I’m concerned, Slash has never lied regarding wanting to / planning on / going to create a new GNR album, so I don’t see any reason to doubt him now.

It’s just a question of time, although god knows how much of it.