2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

1 hour ago, justynius said:

Did anyone else notice the amplitude range for the KOHD acoustic leak is much lower for the right channel than the left? I balanced them out with an audio editor and it seems to sound much, much better.

Not sure if this was deliberate or a mistake when the file was created. Every other leak I opened in the editor was already balanced between both channels.

You must have the first leak of the song, the ones that Numbers leaked on GNRevo. Those were all ruined on purpose. 

It wasn't until the Chairman started to leak that we got the original rips from the CDs.

Edited by GNRfanMILO

I recently revisited the CD leaks and I thought some of them were pretty good. If you guys are interested, I made an album tracklist below that flow cohesively.

It's a very rocking album with fast paced rhythms, great guitars and no ballads. It begins quite organically and then it slowly turns into a weird futurist hellscape. I like it better than CD actually.

CDII

1. Atlas Shrugged
  2. The Rebel
  3. Quicksong
  4. Going Down
  5. Oklahoma
  6. Hard School
  7. Mustache
  8. Tonto
  9. Perhaps
  10. Soul Monster
  11. Curly Shuffle
  12. State of Grace
  13. D Tune
  14. The General

(No Devious Bastard and no Zodiac because they don't fit)

Edited by Silent Jay
  • Like 2

^^^not bad. I also recently did a fresh listen of all the recent leaks. If I were the band, I would use these songs for CD2:

Hard School, Atlas, Perhaps, State of Grace, The General, Quick Song, Berlin (Oklahoma), Soul Monster (Elvis), Zodiac, and Mustache. Also, I would hope they throw in Seven and Down By the Ocean, since we haven’t heard those yet (and I would like to hear them).

On 12/8/2019 at 1:59 PM, Silent Jay said:

I recently revisited the CD leaks and I thought some of them were pretty good. If you guys are interested, I made an album tracklist below that flow cohesively.

It's a very rocking album with fast paced rhythms, great guitars and no ballads. It begins quite organically and then it slowly turns into a weird futurist hellscape. I like it better than CD actually.

CDII

1. Atlas Shrugged
  2. The Rebel
  3. Quicksong
  4. Going Down
  5. Oklahoma
  6. Hard School
  7. Mustache
  8. Tonto
  9. Perhaps
  10. Soul Monster
  11. Curly Shuffle
  12. State of Grace
  13. D Tune
  14. The General

(No Devious Bastard and no Zodiac because they don't fit)

Did the full General Leak?

22 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

No, just that one-minute, potato-quality cellphone recording that Evader used as the template for his artificial version.

who needs the real Axl, when we can just use Artificial Axl!

STILL better than Myles Kennedy :) Or Bridgeschool Axl

Do you have a link to what Evader did on youtube for the general?

Edited by War2k14
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

@RussTCB is it against the rules to post Evader’s General in here? Even tho it’s technically not a real leak?

Unfortunately, yeah. His mix is based around the chord progression from the cell phone clip of the actual song, so we can't allow a direct link :/

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

On 09/12/2019 at 3:47 AM, tkarmy said:

is soul monster the same as elvis and me?

It's just an assumption based on the Elvis reference.

We have nothing to suggest that 'Me & My Elvis' is necessarily the same as 'Elvis Presley and The Monster of Soul'.

I get the feeling the whole "[working title] became [unheard song]" thing is just people wanting there to be as little unheard material as possible. Without confirmation it's all just assumptions.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Was there anything further about this Hardschool video? or was it just utter shite talk?

I'm assuming just shite talk. Yes, on top of everything else we have to deal with people getting a kick out of trolling around.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lio said:

I'm assuming just shite talk. Yes, on top of everything else we have to deal with people getting a kick out of trolling around.

I'm all for having a laugh! but that should be at the expense of the band, not the fans of the band! we're on the same team :D 

On 12/15/2019 at 11:33 PM, Azifwekare said:

It's just an assumption based on the Elvis reference.

We have nothing to suggest that 'Me & My Elvis' is necessarily the same as 'Elvis Presley and The Monster of Soul'.

I get the feeling the whole "[working title] became [unheard song]" thing is just people wanting there to be as little unheard material as possible. Without confirmation it's all just assumptions.

Organ intro for Me & My Elvis sounds pretty Sabbath-y.

In the Dec. 2008 chats, Axl said of Soul Monster:

I think it's our most Black Sabbath moment.

So that's why I'm 99% sure it's Soul Monster.

Love the track, by the way, can't wait to hear a version with lyrics.

21 hours ago, jamillos said:

Ok so I'm listening to the leaks again after some months or whatever, and State of Grace is definitely better than Perhaps, and that's the final word.

Finishing the lyrics and a Slash solo. That’s all State of Grace really needs to be an instant GnR classic.

Final versions of Oklahoma and Devious Bastard would be interesting too. 

• Like 1