Jump to content

CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's just make this clear. We will not allow any discussion relating to any correspondence that was intended to be private.  This is none of our business and just as we would want others to resp

Even though the content of the storage locker wasn't intended to be released by its creator, I'm glad I got to hear it. It's music. But private e-mails are another story. As much as curious I am

Posted Images

On 12/15/2019 at 11:33 PM, Azifwekare said:

It's just an assumption based on the Elvis reference.

We have nothing to suggest that 'Me & My Elvis' is necessarily the same as 'Elvis Presley and The Monster of Soul'.

I get the feeling the whole "[working title] became [unheard song]" thing is just people wanting there to be as little unheard material as possible. Without confirmation it's all just assumptions.

Organ intro for Me & My Elvis sounds pretty Sabbath-y.

In the Dec. 2008 chats, Axl said of Soul Monster:

Quote

I think it's our most Black Sabbath moment.

So that's why I'm 99% sure it's Soul Monster.

 

Love the track, by the way, can't wait to hear a version with lyrics.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, jamillos said:

Ok so I'm listening to the leaks again after some months or whatever, and State of Grace is definitely better than Perhaps, and that's the final word.

Finishing the lyrics and a Slash solo. That’s all State of Grace really needs to be an instant GnR classic.

Final versions of Oklahoma and Devious Bastard would be interesting too. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

State of Grace is like another more NIN IRS.

Nothing could be the Bowie/Blur spaceballad. 

Eye On You sounds like it was recorded in a vacuum cleaner. 

D Tune and Curly add the 90s Alt rock thing. 

Quick Song and Zodiac good side 2 openers. 

As It Began has the most potential epic closer. 

Maximus is the No Quarter. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Perhaps chorus lyrics: 

it is definitely not: 

You could start A fight you know you were begging for

 

It's something like:

You could start about the others you were begging for

 

alternatively could be:

you could stand up by the others you were begging for

 

but it sounds way more like an 'r'

Edited by Mendez
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mendez said:

Perhaps chorus lyrics: 

it is definitely not: 

You could start A fight you know you were begging for

 

It's something like:

You could start about the others you were begging for

 

alternatively could be:

you could stand up by the others you were begging for

 

but it sounds way more like an 'r'

I wrote this a few pages back, but this is how i hear the chorus for Perhaps:

"I got a lot more than i bargained for 
(You're all alone now)
You forgot about the others you were begging for 
(You're all alone)
So talk to the ones that you once ignored
(You're all alone now)
You used to be a little crazy now there's so much more 
(You're all alone)"

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I wrote this a few pages back, but this is how i hear the chorus for Perhaps:

"I got a lot more than i bargained for 
(You're all alone now)
You forgot about the others you were begging for 
(You're all alone)
So talk to the ones that you once ignored
(You're all alone now)
You used to be a little crazy now there's so much more 
(You're all alone)"

Makes more sense that way, but i still have no idea what he says.

Phonetically to me, it sounds like he says

"shine/shy like more than a bomb no ooor" but that makes no fucking sense lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mendez said:

Makes more sense that way, but i still have no idea what he says.

Phonetically to me, it sounds like he says

"shine/shy like more than a bomb no ooor" but that makes no fucking sense lol.

I think someone posted the lyrics as “I got more than I bargained for” (save me), like there were two vocal layers. If you listen closely there’s definitely a high pitched vocal line besides the main chorus which could account for the “s” sound.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Say a lot more than you bargained for (you're all alone now)
Used to stand up for the others you were beggin' for (you're all alone)
So shout to the ones that you once ignored (you're all alone now)
You used to be a little crazy, now there's so much more (you're all alone...)

 

It's hard to tell because of the vocal layers, the mixing and the quality of the recording, but I think that's pretty close...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Caedo said:

I think someone posted the lyrics as “I got more than I bargained for” (save me), like there were two vocal layers. If you listen closely there’s definitely a high pitched vocal line besides the main chorus which could account for the “s” sound.

Oh yeah didnt even think about that! The "save me" part is probably what im hearing

Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember thinking "I sure hope the linear notes of CD have lyrics" prior to it coming out because I really wanted clarification on some things. Then the CD booklet was so jacked up, I still didn't get total clarification lol. 

If they ever get around to releasing more music, I sure hope someone proof reads the linear notes better. 

  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2020 at 3:46 PM, RussTCB said:

I remember thinking "I sure hope the linear notes of CD have lyrics" prior to it coming out because I really wanted clarification on some things. Then the CD booklet was so jacked up, I still didn't get total clarification lol. 

If they ever get around to releasing more music, I sure hope someone proof reads the linear notes better. 

"Has I thought was true before, we're lies I couldn't see..."  

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/01/2020 at 8:46 AM, RussTCB said:

I remember thinking "I sure hope the linear notes of CD have lyrics" prior to it coming out because I really wanted clarification on some things. Then the CD booklet was so jacked up, I still didn't get total clarification lol. 

If they ever get around to releasing more music, I sure hope someone proof reads the linear notes better. 

Geez mate, your’e asking GnR to be like, ummm, professional or something 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Amir said:

Been listening to Atlas a lot recently, has really grown on me.

like some said, it really is a grower. It's a really cool song. Similar vibe to Catcher, musically got a bright feel to it. Chinese doesn't really have a lot of that imo. I do wish it had more peaks to it but maybe I'm spoiled by Catcher's solo, Axl's outro and Pitman's synth part from the demo.

  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...