2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

Oklahoma is mentioned as being instrumental on the CD's from the leaks, while all the other instrumentals just had their titles, which tells me that a version of Oklahoma with vocals had already been recorded, it just wasn't in the Village sessions leaks

• Like 2

On 1/26/2020 at 8:17 AM, ezosk said:

Hardschool

Dub Suplex (a simpler version instrument-wise, maybe)

MaME

Atlas

Oklahoma

Going Down (Duff on vocals, w. a killer Slash solo)

Zodiac

Perhaps

State of Grace

Devious Bastard

+1 or 2 songs from scratch would make a killer album.

Why Duff on vocals? Either leave Tommy on vocals as a cameo or have Axl do the vocals alone. 

3 hours ago, Caedo said:

Oklahoma is mentioned as being instrumental on the CD's from the leaks, while all the other instrumentals just had their titles, which tells me that a version of Oklahoma with vocals had already been recorded, it just wasn't in the Village sessions leaks

Zodiac was also labeled at not having vocals on one of the disks. 

5 hours ago, AlterL said:

Why Duff on vocals? Either leave Tommy on vocals as a cameo or have Axl do the vocals alone. 

When I hear the song I can (and really like to!) imagine Duff's vox all over it, I just think It fits well with his singing style - and in my mind It sounds good. :P

3 hours ago, El Guapo said:

I can't understand some people's thoughts at all - do you really believe that they even consider releasing a song with Stinson on lead vocals on the next Guns N' Roses album with Slash and Duff back in the band? 

This. And Duff wouldn't sing in a song written by someone else unless it was a cover. 

5 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

After yet another opportunity to drop a single and/or make an album announcement has been bungled today, I would like to take a moment to show appreciation to both Tom Zutaut and Kevin Cogill without whom we'd have ZERO new music to listen to.

We'll always have Hardschool, Atlas Shrugged, Perhaps, State of Grace & Eye On You.  Which together, make a great E.P. from the CD era. 

The instrumentals are a cruel tease though, would have hoped the band would be reworking some of those so we could get versions with Axl's vocals/lyrics.

• Like 1

As for Oklahoma.....I would HOPE that there really are lyrics cause that's one song that Axl actually described as being "inspired" by the time he was sitting in court being sued by Erin Everly on the same day of the Oklahoma City bombings.

BUT.....it's always within the realm of possibility that there never were any vocals.  I'm not trying to be negative; just pointing it out.

Maybe after court he heard the instrumental track for the first time and said "Yes, I like this one....it's a keeper....let's call it 'Oklahoma.'"

Hopefully not....but the only reason I even say that is cause when it was played for the Rolling Stone reporter in 1999 it was only an instrumental.  If he had supposedly written something or been inspired by that day in 1995, why was it still lacking a vocal track in 1999?

And then changing it to Berlin at some point in the next decade. Weird.

I really hope there are lyrics and we get to hear them someday.  That's probably the most anticipated GNR song since "This I Love" since it's the one we've known about the longest at this point but still haven't heard.  Just hearing the instrumental after all these years was very cool, but it needs vocals!

7 hours ago, sofine11 said:

After yet another opportunity to drop a single and/or make an album announcement has been bungled today, I would like to take a moment to show appreciation to both Tom Zutaut and Kevin Cogill without whom we'd have ZERO new music to listen to.

We'll always have Hardschool, Atlas Shrugged, Perhaps, State of Grace & Eye On You.  Which together, make a great E.P. from the CD era. 

Not to mention the greatest instrumental EP of all time featuring: P.R.L, Real doll.com, tonto, Okalahama, and Moustache. 

Just finished watching the live stream of Miami, and during Chinese Democracy I noted the screen had the red hand cover and the logo from the antiquiet leaks. 

1) Was the red hand cover Axl's preferred cover for album? Because someone on here noted the bicycle cover image was on the big screens pre-concert 2001, so, 2) why not have the bicycle image on the back screens during the song live now. 99.5% of the casual gnr fans will know the red hand cover exists. 

Edited by jimisbatman

13 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

Just finished watching the live stream of Miami, and during Chinese Democracy I noted the screen had the red hand cover and the logo from the antiquiet leaks. 

1) Was the red hand cover Axl's preferred cover for album? Because someone on here noted the bicycle cover image was on the big screens pre-concert 2001, so, 2) why not have the bicycle image on the back screens during the song live now. 99.5% of the casual gnr fans will know the red hand cover exists. 

I thought his preference was the grenade cover.

16 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

It was. They've always used the red hands for CD graphics for years, so I'm not sure why the question was posed now. 

I changed my CD to have the grenade cover on iTunes as it’s so much better. Why the bike was chosen....😖

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

It was. They've always used the red hands for CD graphics for years, so I'm not sure why the question was posed now. 

Never thought about it, or paid too much attention to it; and given I'm still putting together my ultimate CD from the recent leaks, I'm trying to piece together the most accurate version of the original  vision as possible, and questioned why he was using those graphics to depict that era. 

• Like 1

I almost creamed my pretty pink crotchless panties when I heard there was new music. I'm a downloading motherfucker.

I shouldn't have bothered. 20 year old B-sides and instrumentals don't do much for me but it was nice to hear Axls voice again and finish listening to Checkmate.

6 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

If we get to the European tour dates with no confirmed album release date I really hope The Chairman comes good with his "hard drives galore" quote, so the fans get something new for their money.

Roll on Hamburg in June!

The hard drives never existed imo. Just a ploy to try and get other hoarders to make contact.

• Like 2

Am I the only that thinks the reason the band shutdown all YT videos and such is because the band had already recorded a albums worth of material with Axls old voice - hell I have no clue just asking 

I heard “ Hard School “ for a minute and don’t remember any of it - never heard another leak 

Slash has stated recording is done  but don’t know what to due with it 

Maybe the leaks costed us a album 

Just my opinion but what the hell do I know 

You don't know jack shit as to when or if this band will ever release even one new song.

Same as the rest of us.

I'm sure this thread will be locked or merged in a matter of minutes, but no, in my personal opinion, which has no basis in insider knowledge, the leaks had no effect on any kind of upcoming release.  Since there never was or will be one.  A for youtube videos getting taken down, that's all due to one or two pyschotic eunuchs that have made it their life's mission to make everyone as miserable as them.  And they're succeeding.