CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's just make this clear. We will not allow any discussion relating to any correspondence that was intended to be private.  This is none of our business and just as we would want others to resp

Even though the content of the storage locker wasn't intended to be released by its creator, I'm glad I got to hear it. It's music. But private e-mails are another story. As much as curious I am

Posted Images

On 20/01/2020 at 6:45 PM, Finck2006 said:

From the instrumentals they have a lot of potential specially

Tonto

Me & My Elvis

D Tune (this probably will have other name now)

Curly Shuffle (this probably too)

Zodiac

Quicksong 

Don't forget Oklahoma

• GNFNR 1

Really want to hear a finished version of Nothing.  Love Axl's vocal melody and the way he's singing in his natural voice.  The song sounds like the love child of Patience/D'yer Mak'er/Rod Stewart.  Some improvements would be the addition of guitars and real drums. 

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, dogman said:

Really want to hear a finished version of Nothing.  Love Axl's vocal melody and the way he's singing in his natural voice.  The song sounds like the love child of Patience/D'yer Mak'er/Rod Stewart.  Some improvements would be the addition of guitars and real drums. 

I've been playing that a lot the past week or two. Love his voice on it. 

In the picture it looks like it's really a sheet paper from an old fax. So the fax is probably real (I don't think anyone would think of making a fake fax!) but the information given about it (i.e. that it was supposedly the track list of a "21st" CD) was fake.

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

In the picture it looks like it's really a sheet paper from an old fax. So the fax is probably real (I don't think anyone would think of making a fake fax!) but the information given about it (i.e. that it was supposedly the track list of a "21st" CD) was fake.

The date on the fax is obscured - there's no reason to do that unless it's fake

15 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

The date on the fax is obscured - there's no reason to do that unless it's fake

Or because the date wouldn't fit with the claim about a 21st CD etc.

The date isn't exactly obscured. It's supposed to be on the top left part of the page that is not visible in the picture.

11 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The date isn't exactly obscured. It's supposed to be on the top left part of the page that is not visible in the picture.

...so you're saying it's obscured :)

The dumbest part is that it's easy to change the date on a fax machine to whatever you want it to be, so whoever made the "fax" up was just plain lazy

15 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

...so you're saying it's obscured :)

The dumbest part is that it's easy to change the date on a fax machine to whatever you want it to be, so whoever made the "fax" up was just plain lazy

I don't know, I just think it would be too... imaginative? for the person we're talking about to think of making up a fax page and not a simple document page.

---

I'm posting the picture for the people who don't know what we're talking about:

cd_son10.jpg

• GNFNR 1
15 minutes ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

Is that Rick guy still on here? Last I heard he was getting sued for the leaks. There were rumors from Brasky and Chairman that someone had CD2 and I was wondered if Rick knew something we don't? 

No one had that "Pitman disc" that they all claimed to have.

Rick has an account on here but hasn't posted in a while. I believe he's active on social media though. 

I still love these songs.

I’d love to pay for them. I’d also love to pay for instrumentals of each take. 

Zodiac is such a monster. It’s a giant electronic space robot roller coaster.

Me and My Elvis is a hallucinogenic trip inside of a haunted house and a hall of mirrors. 

Just incredible stuff.

• Thanks 2
  • GNFNR 1
35 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

I still love these songs.

I’d love to pay for them. I’d also love to pay for instrumentals of each take. 

Zodiac is such a monster. It’s a giant electronic space robot roller coaster.

Me and My Elvis is a hallucinogenic trip inside of a haunted house and a hall of mirrors. 

Just incredible stuff.

Exactly! Thankful for the material.

I can see a music video of "Zodiac" with the 2002 lineup in some gothic night club and Buckethead doing the robot dance next to strippers. Lol what could have been...

Edited by DarkLotus1111

Hardschool

Dub Suplex (a simpler version instrument-wise, maybe)

MaME

Atlas

Oklahoma

Going Down (Duff on vocals, w. a killer Slash solo)

Zodiac

Perhaps

State of Grace

Devious Bastard

+1 or 2 songs from scratch would make a killer album.

Edited by ezosk
typo
  • Like 1

I was looking a thread from 2014 about a guitar workshop/Q&A Fortus had done in Australia (I think that was the main interview that had generated hope then that a new release was imminent).

http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/209727-aussie-fans-an-intimate-workshop-with-richard-fortus-nov-20th-2014

From a post by a forum member ( @rhiad85) who had attended the event and asked Richard a couple of questions:

Some other small bits of info - quoted the “Checkmate” song (aka all cautions made, every chance was given etc), but [Fortus] didn’t recognise it. 

If Richard was honest there, it means either that Hardschool hadn't been revisited for a long time and wasn't considered for the follow-up to CD or that Axl replaced the lyrics with new ones. A third possibility is that Richard didn't pay attention to the lyrics of the songs.

• Like 1