CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

I think among all the "new" songs that came out of the leaks, the real lost gem is Catcher in the Rye.

I mean, as fans, how long have we all waited for a high quality version of Catcher with Brian May?  Since the day the original leaked.  While I love Ron's solo during the last verse, the album version is a muddled mess.  The mix on this version is better and the layers are *somewhat* toned down, but best of all we get the May contributions.  Not to mention that little synth breakdown before the solo is WAY better on this version than on the album version.

The only thing better from the album version are the drums.  But they were mixed too low anyway...

Edited by dogman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's just make this clear. We will not allow any discussion relating to any correspondence that was intended to be private.  This is none of our business and just as we would want others to resp

Even though the content of the storage locker wasn't intended to be released by its creator, I'm glad I got to hear it. It's music. But private e-mails are another story. As much as curious I am

Posted Images

On 2/6/2020 at 5:41 PM, axljungle said:

Totally agree, only hardcore fans get the leaks, and most of us will buy every record GNR release.

I totally agree with this

and while we bitch and blah blah blah all the time about the leaks and neverending tour and same setlist, we will forget all of this when they release something... well if they release at all 😊

• Like 1
On 2/12/2020 at 3:09 PM, dogman said:

I think among all the "new" songs that came out of the leaks, the real lost gem is Catcher in the Rye.

I mean, as fans, how long have we all waited for a high quality version of Catcher with Brian May?  Since the day the original leaked.  While I love Ron's solo during the last verse, the album version is a muddled mess.  The mix on this version is better and the layers are *somewhat* toned down, but best of all we get the May contributions.  Not to mention that little synth breakdown before the solo is WAY better on this version than on the album version.

The only thing better from the album version are the drums.  But they were mixed too low anyway...

It's definitely way better. Nothing can ever recapture the feeling that first shitty demo gave me though. I played it over and over and never got sick of it.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Rick claimed this is what he was told by this ‘Robert Bird’. Based on what happened when the Village Sessions started leaking, I tend to listen to what he has to say. However, what I don’t get is why this name is getting bandied about so publicly - even by Rick? Unless it’s an alias? It would just mean it 10x more likely this person would get contacted/shut down surely?

Which is why I don’t believe those ‘e-mails’ with the addresses.

5 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Rick claimed this is what he was told by this ‘Robert Bird’. Based on what happened when the Village Sessions started leaking, I tend to listen to what he has to say. However, what I don’t get is why this name is getting bandied about so publicly - even by Rick? Unless it’s an alias? It would just mean it 10x more likely this person would get contacted/shut down surely?

This individual has gone public and told his version of the story and that he got contacted by lawyers when the leaks happened (look for Storage Diaries podcast). His name was mentioned publicly before he went public himself, though.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

This individual has gone public and told his version of the story and that he got contacted by lawyers when the leaks happened (look for Storage Diaries podcast). His name was mentioned publicly before he went public himself, though.

👍 Good to know. If this person DOES have this material, if it’s publicly known that means it’s unlikely to surface surely? That way it would be traced back to him - unless there was a case of the hard disk contents already being copied/replicated do more difficult to ‘pin on anyone’?

21 minutes ago, Michael Van Gerwen said:

Rick confirmed that storage diaries man has more material on discord, and Rick posted screenshots of a deal that storage diaries man was involved in.

Do you have any idea what was the deal? 

Just imagine one day, 700-800 GNR songs leaking onto the internet at once 🤣

Seriously though, it would be great to know roughly how many of these songs offer us something genuinely interesting, i.e actually new songs / totally unheard takes.

Edited by jackparker123
6 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

Just imagine one day, 700-800 GNR songs leaking onto the internet at once 🤣

Seriously though, it would be great to know roughly how many of these songs offer us something genuinely interesting, i.e actually new songs / totally unheard takes.

Rick mentioned a few that had vocals - Zodiac and Oklahoma were mentioned.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
1 minute ago, Michael Van Gerwen said:

Don't forget Tonto, Seven, Monstrosity, Dragon, and another 42 completed songs with vocals. All in the possession of Bird

Does that figure of 42 songs include the 6 or 7 new songs with vocals we got in September last year?

13 minutes ago, Michael Van Gerwen said:

Not at all, it's 48 new songs with vocals. some including Slash

Eh? How can that be - unless the songs include stuff from the aborted mid-90’s sessions???!! 🤯

31 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Eh? How can that be - unless the songs include stuff from the aborted mid-90’s sessions???!! 🤯

Yeah, that doesnt make sense. Unless it's something weird like Axl's work on what would become Fall to Pieces or something like that. 

31 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

I’ve listened to the podcast from Bird. I can’t see that he’s going to sell, assuming he does have other tracks. He was quite scathing of guns fans and unheard material. 

And that's what this really all boils down to. If you listen to his podcast, you see that he really doesn't think much of the GN'R fan base. I can't see the guy being in any sort of hurry to engage with GN'R fans again.