2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

45 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Depends when this hard drive is from. If it's from the same era then there won't be a great deal of new stuff. Aside from maybe older versions, Beaven stuff and the previously mentioned video footage. 

The most exciting thing is possibly having files of how CD began. Imagine those first sessions. That night Pitman played the rift to Madagasgar in 98. 

Also remember in 2008 when Sebastian was talking about them possibly doing a reality Show, saying they had 100s if hours of video footage? Studio vid footage?! 

We have one photo from the whole ten year recording period. One. 

Three photos actually, but all from 1998. One of Freese and Stinson posing together with balloon hats, one of Freese sitting at his drum kit with a guitar in his hands (writing the riff to the title track), and one of Finck sticking his tongue out.

Oh, also, I’m pretty the locker-buyer said that the hard drive had “some slash stuff” on it. I assume he just means some loose jams from 1996, but maybe it could be more than that. Who knows!

Edited by rocknroll41

41 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Oh, also, I’m pretty the locker-buyer said that the hard drive had “some slash stuff” on it. I assume he just means some loose jams from 1996, but maybe it could be more than that. Who knows!

Yeah, "some slash stuff" to me sounds like the 90s sessions indeed. Doesn't mean there's Axl on it.

16 minutes ago, axlvai said:

We need a person who can buy this shit. And all who want to collaborate with the $$$$ we are here!!

About 10-15 years ago on an Oasis forum I follow, a very early Noel Gallagher demo tape from 1989 became available which included 5 unreleased songs.

Long story short we all clubbed in to buy the tape, someone ripped the songs, they were shared online, and finally the tape was posted back to Noel Gallagher.

Something similar on here with this unreleased GNR material could maybe work?

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

24 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

About 10-15 years ago on an Oasis forum I follow, a very early Noel Gallagher demo tape from 1989 became available which included 5 unreleased songs.

Long story short we all clubbed in to buy the tape, someone ripped the songs, they were shared online, and finally the tape was posted back to Noel Gallagher.

I mean, personally I don’t care if this whole thing end ups on the hands of tb as long as we got a hold on it before that happens.

• Like 3

• downzy locked this topic
23 hours ago, downzy said:

I need to be very clear here: this forum will not serve as a platform by which those who seek to purchase and then release copyright material are given free reign to do so.

I'm putting a lock on this discussion for now in the hopes that those who have interest or intentions to discuss this matter will do so elsewhere.  It's been made clear to me via a variety of different stakeholders that GNR is not messing when it comes to unauthorized distribution of unreleased music.  

Those who seek pseudo-fandom from these pursuits are advised to move along and take your nonsense with you.  As owner of this forum I want no part of it.

If myself or my staff discover any person who is using this forum to solicit or facilitate the transfer of unreleased GNR material we will report such actions and individuals to the appropriate parties.  

Individuals in these efforts will be permanently banned from this forum.  This includes any public or private conversations that are disclosed to any staff member.  We take this extremely seriously and consider the matter as an existential threat to this survival of this forum.  We all want to hear new music, but not if the costs to do so includes the closure of this forum and possible civil and/or criminal penalties.

We greatly appreciate everyone's understanding and cooperation in this matter.

I'm going to go ahead and unlock this since one of the accounts involved in the behavior above has since been banned.

If you want to discuss the leaks in general or the situation with the locker itself based on the podcast that the locker owner put out, feel free. However, we cannot have our site involved in the behavior Downzy detailed above. 

• Like 1

On 07. 04. 2020. at 12:16 AM, jackparker123 said:

hahaha how did you guys find his addie?

On 06. 04. 2020. at 11:17 PM, Voodoochild said:

Yeah, "some slash stuff" to me sounds like the 90s sessions indeed. Doesn't mean there's Axl on it.

if its the Iz sessions from the 'epic unheard album', guess whome it will require to record and release that stuff ;)

24 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Just out of curiosity, how much trouble if any would a commercial radio station get into if they played one of the leaks?

Not sure on that. I know radio stations were playing Better in 2006. It was actually very popular here on Detroit radio for about a week before WRIF said they got a C&D from Universal and had to stop playing it. I don't think they got fined or anything. 

4 hours ago, jackparker123 said:

I believe the tape was posted to his managements, or maybe record labels address.

Either way I think they eventually got back in touch and confirmed Noel received it!

Whilst good for nostalgia and collection purposes the actual tape isnt that good. Noel had not yet matured as a song writer and it's still my belief that, for as good as Noel is in terms of singing and writing, he would never have made it without the band being fronted by Liam. It was Liam's look, attitude and vocal delivery that sold that band in the early years. Noel is technically the better singer but Liam is something else. Listen to Noel sung demos (all technically very good) and then listen to a Liam sung master and the song is taken to new heights. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, mr.flibble said:

Whilst good for nostalgia and collection purposes the actual tape isnt that good. Noel had not yet matured as a song writer and it's still my belief that, for as good as Noel is in terms of singing and writing, he would never have made it without the band being fronted by Liam. It was Liam's look, attitude and vocal delivery that sold that band in the early years. Noel is technically the better singer but Liam is something else. Listen to Noel sung demos (all technically very good) and then listen to a Liam sung master and the song is taken to new heights. 

I actually really love the 5 songs on the tape, but I agree with everything else you said about Noel/Oasis.

In case you didn't know there actually exists an even earlier Noel demo tape from 1988 featuring 8 songs, 4 of which remain unreleased:

1. Womb To Tomb*
  2. Baj*
  3. I Am The Man*
  4. England*
  5. I Didn’t Think So! (aka What’s Been Happenin’)
  6. What’s It Got To Do With You?
  7. No Cause For Alarm! (aka Hey You)
  8. Have Fun!!

*Unreleased

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Creed said:

There is sth i don't get about the whole locker story. Why did he only sell the Village Sessions? 

The first buyer received more items, DAT tapes etc which are presumably from the Appetite sessions and whatever else.

I'm guessing that he may have priced himself out of whatever other contents he had if he demanded too much. When the chat of all of this potentially getting out happened, we were led to believe AFD99 was included in this bundle. Who know's what he's still in possession of, but I'd bet there are a lot more gems in there.

Apparently there was a lot of stuff from many other artists, too (The Stone Roses, Elastica, Deff Leppard ect.) in that storage locker. Based on what the storage buyer has posted on his twitter, most of the tapes seem to date from the mid 90s. So it's likely that there is GnR stuff from that time, too, at least from the sessions that took place in professional studios (and not in Slash's or Duff's house, for example), like the sessions at the Complex in March/April 1994, the Sympathy For The Devil sessions, the sessions with Zakk Wylde, and maybe even the sessions with Paul Tobias, Dizzy, Dizzy's friends and their friends.

It also seems there were a lot of non musical items, like documents etc (some of which, if the guy is to be believed, he sold back to Tom Zutaut), so I believe that the fax sheet with the song titles is real. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Apparently there was a lot of stuff from many other artists, too (The Stone Roses, Elastica, Deff Leppard ect.) in that storage locker. Based on what the storage buyer has posted on his twitter, most of the tapes seem to date from the mid 90s. So it's likely that there is GnR stuff from that time, too, at least from the sessions that took place in professional studios (and not in Slash's or Duff's house, for example), like the sessions at the Complex in March/April 1994, the Sympathy For The Devil sessions, the sessions with Zakk Wylde, and maybe even the sessions with Paul Tobias, Dizzy, Dizzy's friends and their friends.

It also seems there were a lot of non musical items, like documents etc (some of which, if the guy is to be believed, he sold back to Tom Zutaut), so I believe that the fax sheet with the song titles is real. 

Do you still have this fax picture? 

One thing I don't get is why is it all so secretive/elusive. I mean, sure leaks are trouble, but what about song titles and/or a more accurate description of what really is out there? 

8 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

One thing I don't get is why is it all so secretive/elusive. I mean, sure leaks are trouble, but what about song titles and/or a more accurate description of what really is out there? 

Maybe because the guy, from what he said, was "approached" legally by both Axl's and UMG's lawyers about the GnR stuff, so he doesn't want to talk openly about what else there was in the storage locker.

The fax picture:

cd_son11.jpg

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

32 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Maybe because the guy, from what he said, was "approached" legally by both Axl's and UMG's lawyers about the GnR stuff, so he doesn't want to talk openly about what else there was in the storage locker.

The fax picture:

cd_son11.jpg

I could bet a Scraped demo would sound 10x better than the released version.

I understand he doesn't want to talk openly. But there's really no difference in saying what he said and things like "yes, there's is Slash songs, but no Axl vocals, the trucks are rough demos" and "the rehearsal videos are just Brain trying new drums and its all small clips and 60 min in total". 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Creed said:

I think Robert Bird was too hard on Rick. In particular, I didn't like the part of the podcast where he insulted superfans for naming their kids after a member of a band. Honestly, it was offensive to me because everybody who meets my son loves that we named him Bumblefoot.

3va43b.jpg

Worst would be if you named you son like Buckethead....:lol:

2 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Didn't realise there were sessions with Zak I thought it was just jamming