2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

Well ... After the end of this information show with a "tragic" ending, it came to my mind what the crowd prefers: More leaks knowing that it could harm the band with a future

Or they prefer to wait for the band to release some material even though they know it may take years again

4 hours ago, ApacheChief42 said:

Re: The guitar solo on Perhaps

There's not much evidence to actually prove that Brian May plays the solo on this track, I think this rumor started when Rick said so on a forum post a while back. I've seen some say that the date next to Perhaps on the CD case being the same as Atlas and Catcher suggest that May is on the track as well, but there's a pretty long list of other tracks dated 3/27/00:

- Prostitute

- Quick Song

- State of Grace

- IRS

Unless you think May is somehow playing on these tracks as well, that's not a really good arguing point. I messaged Rick a while back on Discord about this and he told me that the CD itself was marked "Brian May Mixes", which could really just be talking about Atlas and Catcher instead. Just wanted to bring this back up because I haven't seen many people talk about this, it could easily be Robin playing the solo.

You are right. I've been saying this for months now. It's not Brian May's style or tone, and sounds a lot like Robin's style like the long bend with feedback (TWAT), the slides like his lead in Catcher chorus, and so on...

I believe people (maybe Rick) just assumed it was Brian May because the song is a mid-tempo piano based rock like Atlas and Catcher. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

That's the thing though; no one expects fans to act the way hardcore GN'R fans act. Sounds, to me at least, like he was genuinely shocked by the GNR fan community that he's dealt with. 

I reckon hardcore ACDC fans might be the same or much worse.

Edited by Sydney Fan

4 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Bob Clearmountain - pretty sure his mixes were rejected early doors. Would be great to hear them. 👍

According to Wikipedia he mixed 21 tracks but was fired as he was looking to make changes to Sorums drums via samples?!

Yes this is in slashs book as well. When sorum found out he wasnt happy and wanted bob fired.

12 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

And it did; Clearmountain shot himself in the foot almost immediately: one afternoon we discovered a notepad of his where he’d notated all of the drum samples he planned to mix in over Matt’s drum tracks. I’m not a drummer, so I can’t explain the technical ins and outs, but he’d brought in samples that would change Matt’s sound drastically. We showed it to Matt who had no idea and he wasn’t too pleased at all—and that was the excuse we needed to fire Bob Clearmountain. [Slash's Autobiography, 2007]

Correct me if I'm wrong cause I don't know anything about mixing, but considering most say Matt's drum work on UYIs is average, Bob using drum samplings could have made the drums sound a lot better in the final product? Or am I misunderstanding?

1 minute ago, registra said:

Correct me if I'm wrong cause I don't know anything about mixing, but considering most say Matt's drum work on UYIs is average, Bob using drum samplings could have made the drums sound a lot better in the final product? Or am I misunderstanding?

No idea... I don't know anything about mixes either. I moved it to a new thread, since it's off topic here:

22 minutes ago, registra said:

The samples would've changed the sound of the drums, not the actual playing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, registra said:

The rest of the band raved about how he was able to step in and rescue them after Adler was fired. It was close to breaking them up before they found him.

12 minutes ago, Use Your Delusion 1 said:

Used to frequent these boards around 2007-12. Didn't realise so many leaks have appeared since, is there an albums worth now? 

Pretty much, many, many various mixes of songs from CD, in addition to almost an entire album worth of stuff not heard on 2008 CD, many with vocals too.

Highlights are Atlas Shrugged and Hardschool (Jackie Chan) leaking, along with a new song Perhaps, State of Grace, and some others. Lots of instrumentals too, some great.  And newer versions of Oh My God and Silkworms with Bumblefoot. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Use Your Delusion 1 said:

Used to frequent these boards around 2007-12. Didn't realise so many leaks have appeared since, is there an albums worth now? 

Since 2012, in addition to early versions of CD songs (like Catcher with Brian May, songs with Josh Freese on drums, etc) we've got:

Atlas Shrugged
Hardschool
Perhaps
State Of Grace
Silkworms
Eye On You (not a finished song, but I'll count it anyway)
Tommy Demo #1 (possibly with Axl backing vocals buried in the mix)
Tommy Demo #2 (Going Down)
Knockin' On Heavens Door, 2001 Acoustic version

A ton of instrumentals from 2000-2001, some with vocal ideas (Quicksong and Nothing)

Oh My God (w/ Bumblefoot)
Silkworms (w/ Bumblefoot)
Going Down (w/ Axl and Bumblefoot)

This I Love Remix (possibly the best vocals Axl has ever recorded)
Shackler's Revenge Remix
If The World Remix
Better Remix (+ DJ Ashba mix and Bumblefoot acoustic version)
Blood In The Water (TWAT/Prostitute mash-up)
Dj Ashba instrumentals (Mi Amor and Ballad Of Death)

Ritz 1987 pro-shot
Saskatoon 1993 pro-shot
House Of Blues 2001 pro-shot
San Juan 2010 pro-shot
2009 rehearsal video
I Don't Care About You (unreleased 1994 music video)

There might be a couple more things, but that's most of it.

• Thanks 3

On 08/04/2020 at 10:28 PM, Wagszilla said:

Andy Wallace (presumably) put together a Dizzy Reed bongos version of Madagascar that leaked way back.

I can only hope there’s more weird alternative versions that will come out (and ideally in an additional instrumental form so I can appreciate all of the textures and details).

Fingers crossed.

Bongo version?

Listening to all the Buckethead takes on Quicksong I think the 17th is probably one I would choose. Everything else sounds almost the same to me, and it bothers me that Bucket is always playing that same fast lick in almost every single take (and in a lot of the other songs too).

• 2 weeks later...