CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

400 more Village Cds are in the hands of one person. The hard drive was real... Bird never got it once the media picked up the story. Go buy a car in Georgia for more info. Zutaut lost his storage locker for $100. The Storage unit never called to inform Zutaut. Bird got the locker and made over 100k. Now the Storage company has a lawsuit

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's just make this clear. We will not allow any discussion relating to any correspondence that was intended to be private.  This is none of our business and just as we would want others to resp

Even though the content of the storage locker wasn't intended to be released by its creator, I'm glad I got to hear it. It's music. But private e-mails are another story. As much as curious I am

Posted Images

Re: The guitar solo on Perhaps

There's not much evidence to actually prove that Brian May plays the solo on this track, I think this rumor started when Rick said so on a forum post a while back. I've seen some say that the date next to Perhaps on the CD case being the same as Atlas and Catcher suggest that May is on the track as well, but there's a pretty long list of other tracks dated 3/27/00:

- Prostitute

- Quick Song

- State of Grace

- IRS

Unless you think May is somehow playing on these tracks as well, that's not a really good arguing point. I messaged Rick a while back on Discord about this and he told me that the CD itself was marked "Brian May Mixes", which could really just be talking about Atlas and Catcher instead. Just wanted to bring this back up because I haven't seen many people talk about this, it could easily be Robin playing the solo.

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Is anyone else hearing that Tom might be up for trading for UYI mixes or am I hearing him wrong?

Where are you hearing this? And what mixes I wonder - copies of the ones Slash had before the keyboards etc were added? 🤔

28 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

This Bird guy seems like a real ray of sunshine.

I mean he's dealing with GnR fans, what did he expect? This isn't a storage unit filled with old furniture and clothes from some old person. 

That's the thing though; no one expects fans to act the way hardcore GN'R fans act. Sounds, to me at least, like he was genuinely shocked by the GNR fan community that he's dealt with. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Creed said:

Tom ist talking about mixes by Bob whatever? Never knew that someone else mixed UYI. I like Tom, but i think he did sell his storage to Bird ;) it was the only legal way for him to sell that stuff...

Bob Clearmountain - pretty sure his mixes were rejected early doors. Would be great to hear them. 👍

According to Wikipedia he mixed 21 tracks but was fired as he was looking to make changes to Sorums drums via samples?!

Edited by DTJ80
22 minutes ago, Creed said:

Tom ist talking about mixes by Bob whatever? Never knew that someone else mixed UYI. I like Tom, but i think he did sell his storage to Bird ;) it was the only legal way for him to sell that stuff...

Yup, I think there’s more to this than we are being told. Just hope this music finds its way out soon, sure would be a good way to see this corona shite out

Well ... After the end of this information show with a "tragic" ending, it came to my mind what the crowd prefers: More leaks knowing that it could harm the band with a future

Or they prefer to wait for the band to release some material even though they know it may take years again

4 hours ago, ApacheChief42 said:

Re: The guitar solo on Perhaps

There's not much evidence to actually prove that Brian May plays the solo on this track, I think this rumor started when Rick said so on a forum post a while back. I've seen some say that the date next to Perhaps on the CD case being the same as Atlas and Catcher suggest that May is on the track as well, but there's a pretty long list of other tracks dated 3/27/00:

- Prostitute

- Quick Song

- State of Grace

- IRS

Unless you think May is somehow playing on these tracks as well, that's not a really good arguing point. I messaged Rick a while back on Discord about this and he told me that the CD itself was marked "Brian May Mixes", which could really just be talking about Atlas and Catcher instead. Just wanted to bring this back up because I haven't seen many people talk about this, it could easily be Robin playing the solo.

You are right. I've been saying this for months now. It's not Brian May's style or tone, and sounds a lot like Robin's style like the long bend with feedback (TWAT), the slides like his lead in Catcher chorus, and so on...

I believe people (maybe Rick) just assumed it was Brian May because the song is a mid-tempo piano based rock like Atlas and Catcher. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

That's the thing though; no one expects fans to act the way hardcore GN'R fans act. Sounds, to me at least, like he was genuinely shocked by the GNR fan community that he's dealt with. 

I reckon hardcore ACDC fans might be the same or much worse.

Edited by Sydney Fan
4 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Bob Clearmountain - pretty sure his mixes were rejected early doors. Would be great to hear them. 👍

According to Wikipedia he mixed 21 tracks but was fired as he was looking to make changes to Sorums drums via samples?!

Yes this is in slashs book as well. When sorum found out he wasnt happy and wanted bob fired.

12 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

And it did; Clearmountain shot himself in the foot almost immediately: one afternoon we discovered a notepad of his where he’d notated all of the drum samples he planned to mix in over Matt’s drum tracks. I’m not a drummer, so I can’t explain the technical ins and outs, but he’d brought in samples that would change Matt’s sound drastically. We showed it to Matt who had no idea and he wasn’t too pleased at all—and that was the excuse we needed to fire Bob Clearmountain. [Slash's Autobiography, 2007]

Correct me if I'm wrong cause I don't know anything about mixing, but considering most say Matt's drum work on UYIs is average, Bob using drum samplings could have made the drums sound a lot better in the final product? Or am I misunderstanding?

1 minute ago, registra said:

Correct me if I'm wrong cause I don't know anything about mixing, but considering most say Matt's drum work on UYIs is average, Bob using drum samplings could have made the drums sound a lot better in the final product? Or am I misunderstanding?

No idea... I don't know anything about mixes either. I moved it to a new thread, since it's off topic here:

22 minutes ago, registra said:

The samples would've changed the sound of the drums, not the actual playing.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, registra said:

The rest of the band raved about how he was able to step in and rescue them after Adler was fired. It was close to breaking them up before they found him.