2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

3 hours ago, kever20 said:

This!  I am certain over time more will leak, as Axl, Caram, and French Eric kept on in the studio in 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2014 tinkering with previously recorded material (if rumors are half true), and I am sure they did more than rework the 2000 sessions, though there was a lot of that over the years!

Exactly. By 2006 they probably had worked it down to 2 albums with a rough tracklist for each. Again by 2008 there was almost deffinately definitely a rough version of CD2, one was certainly offered to the label in 2010. 

One day these will leak along with a 2004 mix of CD and so on. 

9 hours ago, kever20 said:

This!  I am certain over time more will leak, as Axl, Caram, and French Eric kept on in the studio in 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2014 tinkering with previously recorded material (if rumors are half true), and I am sure they did more than rework the 2000 sessions, though there was a lot of that over the years!

French Eric = Eric Cardieux?

I don't know, but their work after 2007 doesn't interest me that much. Nothing against Bumblefoot (and everything against Ashba), but I would rather have the more Bucket/Robin version of the same songs. 

I'm sure there's a lot. The instrumental tracks from the Village leak sounds like they were trying a different kind of record, more straight forward and uptempo. I still think that this was what Axl wanted to do back in 2002 when he said in London that the CD songs were not supposed to be singles or whatever and we would have 10 extra tracks + a 2nd album + a 3rd album. I believe those 10 extra tracks were those less experimental tracks like Quicksong and Oklahoma. 

5 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

Exactly. By 2006 they probably had worked it down to 2 albums with a rough tracklist for each. Again by 2008 there was almost deffinately definitely a rough version of CD2, one was certainly offered to the label in 2010. 

One day these will leak along with a 2004 mix of CD and so on. 

I strongly believe there was a finished (in recording) version of CD2 back in 2008. It just wasn't mixed yet. 

But this story about the shelved 2010 album.. I think it's more believable to think that they would dismiss the remix album + EP with some new stuff (Going Down, Silkworms, OMG and maybe the Better reworked versions), which was back then what it really looked like they were working on.

Sort of on subject about CD2 and This I Love with "rasp vocals" The CD2 song list that leaked recently contains a track listed as: "TIL2 V" among other CD1 songs listed followed by "2". I've gotten in trouble here for talking about this before, but that list is real and I stand by that.

Who knows if that was in reference to the leaked This I Love remix we heard, or something else. This CD2 list was dated early 2008, so pre CD, and also had Catcher on there, which others have said was not intended to be on the first album based on early track listings they saw, including L!VE FREE, may he RIP.

In time we will probably get all or most of "CD2" in the form of a future album with the current, or whatever future lineup GN'R has. Even so, I really hope we hear it with Bucket and Robin's playing eventually, whether through an official release or a leak. I'd say either are probable at this point.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Sort of on subject about CD2 and This I Love with "rasp vocals" The CD2 song list that leaked recently contains a track listed as: "TIL2 V" among other CD1 songs listed followed by "2". I've gotten in trouble here for talking about this before, but that list is real and I stand by that.

Who knows if that was in reference to the leaked This I Love remix we heard, or something else. This CD2 list was dated early 2008, so pre CD, and also had Catcher on there, which others have said was not intended to be on the first album based on early track listings they saw, including L!VE FREE, may he RIP.

In time we will probably get all or most of "CD2" in the form of a future album with the current, or whatever future lineup GN'R has. Even so, I really hope we hear it with Bucket and Robin's playing eventually, whether through an official release or a leak. I'd say either are probable at this point.

You got a copy of that list buddy? Drop

me a pm

30 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

When is this from? I ask because i don’t believe Jackie Chan was ever a serious title, but i had never heard Perhaps mentioned before the leaks from last summer.

Axl referred to it as Jackie Chan in 2008, but it was just a 'working title'. I don't know when the list was posted though.

Really curious about what Monstrocity is. MSL mentioned that title along with Tonto and Cuban Skies before anyone else ever mentioned them, and since Tonto has been confirmed real and Cuban Skies sorta confirmed on a non GNR forum we can assume it's also a legit track, and also assume it's not Soul Monster since he said he had both.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gavgnr said:

You got a copy of that list buddy? Drop

me a pm

It is what CAFC Nick posted.

That list is from January 24, 2008.

I've had it for almost ten years.

I always believed it was real, but the locker leaks confirmed it with a number of song titles matching that were previously unheard of. (Like Perhaps and Nothin) I actually didn't even think Perhaps was a track, I thought it was in reference to an adjacent song in the list as being considered as an alt over another in the literal sense of the word "perhaps" 

8 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Really curious about what Monstrocity is. MSL mentioned that title along with Tonto and Cuban Skies before anyone else ever mentioned them, and since Tonto has been confirmed real and Cuban Skies sorta confirmed on a non GNR forum we can assume it's also a legit track, and also assume it's not Soul Monster since he said he had both.

Thanks for sharing. Interestingly the second ‘leaked’ tracklist also refers to ‘100 Cuban Skies’ and this is the first time I’ve seen it called that.

FD840-CE2-9-C2-F-413-E-ABFA-00-A0042-CBA

I tagged Fernando on Reddit and he hasn’t commented that this second list is fake.

Probably still BS but I’m holding onto a glimmer of hope!

Edited by gavgnr
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, gavgnr said:

Thanks for sharing. Interestingly the second ‘leaked’ tracklist also refers to ‘100 Cuban Skies’ and this is the first time I’ve seen it called that.

79-A1-A440-FD7-C-4-DC9-99-DC-B6-D68954-E

I tagged Fernando on Reddit and he hasn’t commented that this second list is fake.

That list is almost certainly the fiction of a certain poster on the GNFNR forum. I didn't find that Cuban Skies link myself, someone on gnrevolution had it in a thread on the leaks last year. So that post has been known information in the GNR community for awhile, which means it has been available to trolls who fake things like this.

5 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

That list is almost certainly the fiction of a certain poster on the GNFNR forum. I didn't find that Cuban Skies link myself, someone on gnrevolution had it in a thread on the leaks last year. So that post has been known information in the GNR community for awhile, which means it has been available to trolls who fake things like this.

Ah right, bang goes that glimmer of hope again. Shit I should be used to this being a GnR fan!! 😏

2 hours ago, gavgnr said:

Makes me wonder, if 'ain't goin' down no more' could be a reworked version of the ain't going down demo.  Similar to SOYL... to please the old fans somehow...

3 hours ago, gavgnr said:

Releasing an album without Perhaps /  State of Grace / Quick Song would be strange imo.

2 minutes ago, Kranich said:

Releasing an album without Perhaps /  State of Grace / Quick Song would be strange imo.

Song titles may have changed over 20 years. Not that I believe this track listing.

I could get behind a 17 track GNR album though!

Edited by jackparker123

27 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

There was even a fake review of this fake track listing a while ago. I guess they're both from the same source :lol:

You mean that french guy? 😂  sure, that it was that very same list? Found it. Yes, almost the same...🤦‍♂️

Edited by ZODIAC