2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

9 hours ago, All Cautions Made said:

this was posted by the leaker on the other forums

“Jumping jack flash, Think about you, Bloodshot eyes (twice), don't cry, move to the city and more songs
Features tracii guns, not slash, etc  first gn'r lineup ever”

I WOULD KILL TO HEAR THAT IN FULL.

BLOODSHOT EYES. Fuck me, i've wanted to hear the full version ever since i heard the clip on YouTube ages back.

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

BLOODSHOT EYES. Fuck me, i've wanted to hear the full version ever since i heard the clip on YouTube ages back.

Was this one of the early sounding songs that at the time, was assumed to be from Rapidfire (later confirmed not to be the case when that CD came out)

I remember it had great '80s sounding guitars, and Axl sounded great, but hard to understand his words. I remember the clip was 30 seconds to a minute, and I believe there were two different clips, possibly different songs. I can play it in my head, and I remember the songs being heavily guitar driven.

On 14.5.2020 at 5:38 AM, All Cautions Made said:

this was posted by the leaker on the other forums

“Jumping jack flash, Think about you, Bloodshot eyes (twice), don't cry, move to the city and more songs
Features tracii guns, not slash, etc  first gn'r lineup ever”

I WOULD KILL TO HEAR THAT IN FULL.

Oh my god, that's would be like a dream to become true. The line-up would most definetely be Axl, Tracii, Izzy, Robbie and Duff. 

That's amazing. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

I was listening to Three Dollar Pyramid (Take 4) today and I noticed the intro isn’t silence.

Its very faint mandolin. And possibly a tape reel recorder sound at the very beginning.

Anyone with audio experience wanna boost up the levels and resort back?

6 hours ago, BigVanVader said:

I can not believe this completely passed me by.

Holy heck.  Do the studio versions of previously only heard live and new songs give you hope that Axl struck gold?

I say that completely seriously.  I enjoyed the heck out of Chinese Democracy

The songs are good, but i don't think they're single-worthy. Hardschool is probably the most traditional rocker on there, and we do know they are likely considering it for release (given they have rehearsed it recently), but even its chorus isn't super catchy. It has a great sound though.

12 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

The songs are good, but i don't think they're single-worthy. Hardschool is probably the most traditional rocker on there, and we do know they are likely considering it for release (given they have rehearsed it recently), but even its chorus isn't super catchy. It has a great sound though.

I wouldn't be so sure about them considering it for release. I mean, they did rehearse Oh My God, didn't they. 

And as I've said before, the first single should be something these actual guys created, not a revamped NuGuns song IMO. 

35 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Hardschool, State Of Grace, Perhaps & Atlas Strugged would all make very good singles in my opinion.

Eye On You would make a fine album track or good b-side. 'Nothing' I'd even take as a b-side.

The chorus to Hardschool is SUPER catchy to my ears. With Slash and Duff onboard I expect that it could be a huge comeback single for GNR.

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

I wouldn't be so sure about them considering it for release. I mean, they did rehearse Oh My God, didn't they. 

And as I've said before, the first single should be something these actual guys created, not a revamped NuGuns song IMO. 

They've reworked HS some, and if they were to play it live, the media would jump on it as the first 'new song' from the band. If it's in the setlist, i think they would consider it for release. Oh My God may be considered for a potential re-release (given Frank said the 'hypothetical album' may sound more punk-rock), or it could be simply regarded as a deep track.

I don't hold as much hope as you on the first single being something they create themselves. Why work harder for the same payout?

4 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

They've reworked HS some, and if they were to play it live, the media would jump on it as the first 'new song' from the band. If it's in the setlist, i think they would consider it for release. Oh My God may be considered for a potential re-release (given Frank said the 'hypothetical album' may sound more punk-rock), or it could be simply regarded as a deep track.

I don't hold as much hope as you on the first single being something they create themselves. Why work harder for the same payout?

I believe Slash wouldn't want a new album where he would only rework stuff made by some former guys. He's the chief guitarist, and even if Axl will only use his old CD lyrics, the least they could do is let Slash create his own music to it, without having heard the original tunes first. The first single should be a statement of a sort. It should. Like, this is us, now. We're back. 

• Like 1

Oklahoma has a classic gnr vibe to me. Maybe its because its the guitar sounds so sustainy. Slash used to play those long ass drawn out notes in the illusions era. Estranged/Don’t Cry/November Rain etc etc. it sounds like someone trying to copy that tone