CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's just make this clear. We will not allow any discussion relating to any correspondence that was intended to be private.  This is none of our business and just as we would want others to resp

Even though the content of the storage locker wasn't intended to be released by its creator, I'm glad I got to hear it. It's music. But private e-mails are another story. As much as curious I am

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Wagszilla said:

This is fake.

• Blur comes from two sources: depth of field and motion blur.
  • The blur on the "New Axl Vocals" disc is most egregious example. Zoom in and the consecutive song title lines are unevenly blurred and also not at a consistent angle. 
  • Hell "New Vocal" next to "12. Me and Me Elvis" is obvious copy pasta because they just pasted the entire layer and didn't remove the gray-white background resulting in a squared off compression artifact.
  • The noise pattern is inconsistent throughout the image.
  • Rick is a notorious attention whore.

(Thus concludes this episode of CSI: GN'R.) 

Thanks for pointing all of that out. Nothing to see here, unfortunately. 

53 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

I desperately wanted this to be real, I have the lock-down blues

That would have been an awesome start to the week!

If nothing materialises in 2020 and "The Next Chapter" turns out to be a giant tease, I hope a good hearted hoarder gives us some new material to enjoy sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

Matching thumbs on the Monstrosity single and the Village disc. Maybe inform the original poster of those images on Discord that we’re onto them, or that we have found an identical hand twin.

Posted (edited)

On the other hand...why should rick fake this shit and lose the rest of his credibility?

5 minutes ago, Dean said:

Matching thumbs on the Monstrosity single and the Village disc. Maybe inform the original poster of those images on Discord that we’re onto them, or that we have found an identical hand twin.

Monstrosity single?

Edited by ZODIAC
4 minutes ago, ZODIAC said:

On the other hand...why should rick fake this shit and lose the rest of his credibility?

Monstrosity Disc?

Yeah, check a few pages back. This is what we endured in 2012. 

23 minutes ago, ZODIAC said:

Monstrosity single?

Rick himself has called these out as fake

18 minutes ago, ZODIAC said:

Ok. Thanks for clarifying.

To be fair - I don’t think he made it clear initially! Gutted - I want Zodiac with vocals! 😂

11 minutes ago, DownUnderScott said:

So Rick posted it on discord then has stated it’s fake?

Based on what I saw yeah - he says someone tried to engage with him but once he checked them out it was deemed to be fake. @axlrosefan4life you might want to clarify here!

6 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

I desperately wanted this to be real, I have the lock-down blues

Lockdown Blues could be a great title for a follow up for both Breakdown and Shotgun Blues.

• Like 1
On 25-4-2020 at 7:45 PM, Voodoochild said:

I think the 2006 demos were already a good mesure of how good the combination of Bucket and Robin was, even though most people only talk about Bucket. 

BTW, I just learnt how to play Robin's solo in D-tune. It's such a unique approach, some very odd choices that somehow end up working. I absolute love his style.

Me 2, just listen to this song, it's awesome.

It sure is! I just listened to it earlier today. Back when Chinese Democracy wasn't released and the only songs that were out were live versions of Chinese Democracy, Madagascar and The Blues, I listened to those Ghosts of Mars songs that have Buckethead and Robin Finck, and imagined how Chinese Democracy would sound like :lol:

1 hour ago, jekylhyde said:

It sure is! I just listened to it earlier today. Back when Chinese Democracy wasn't released and the only songs that were out were live versions of Chinese Democracy, Madagascar and The Blues, I listened to those Ghosts of Mars songs that have Buckethead and Robin Finck, and imagined how Chinese Democracy would sound like :lol:

I did that too haha. 

And to think people are pissed now because they have no new music when last year we had at least two albums (one instrumental) of stuff to listen to hahaha

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I did that too haha. 

And to think people are pissed now because they have no new music when last year we had at least two albums (one instrumental) of stuff to listen to hahaha

that's not the same thing at all though. I wouldn't say I'm pissed off about it, but the hunger for officially released material is about the same. Axl's vocals and lyrics are a big part of what I'm interested in when it comes to Gn'R's music. The leaks are unfinished, not mixed, and for the most part do not contain vocals. Honestly, doesn't compare to a finished album imo. Better than nothing I suppose.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, Rovim said:

that's not the same thing at all though. I wouldn't say I'm pissed off about it, but the hunger for officially released material is about the same. Axl's vocals and lyrics are a big part of what I'm interested in when it comes to Gn'R's music. The leaks are unfinished, not mixed, and for the most part do not contain vocals. Honestly, doesn't compare to a finished album imo. Better than nothing I suppose.

That's exactly the point I was making. It's way better than nothing. And I was just making fun of the situation. The leaks are not an excuse for the band to not release anything at all, for sure.

• Like 1
On 5.5.2020 at 3:15 PM, wreckless said:

Me 2, just listen to this song, it's awesome.

Wow, this is really cool stuff. The whole album is pretty great indeed.

On 5/5/2020 at 1:17 PM, Rovim said:

They are rough mixes, by name. Most are anyways.