Jump to content

CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's just make this clear. We will not allow any discussion relating to any correspondence that was intended to be private.  This is none of our business and just as we would want others to resp

Even though the content of the storage locker wasn't intended to be released by its creator, I'm glad I got to hear it. It's music. But private e-mails are another story. As much as curious I am

Posted Images

The acoustic KOHD is interesting just to hear that era of Axl Rose and his take on it, you can tell with it he was trying hard to reinvent aspects of even the older performed songs with this but it sounds like this experiment didn't fully take, seeing as the actual slowed versions they would do live were quite a bit different groove-wise

Link to post
Share on other sites

The acoustic version of KOHD is the first thing I just heard when I got the big pack of leaks, and its honestly what made me keep listening on. I thought it was an excellent version of a song I'm relatively very sick of.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm seeing that it looks like MOST of the leaks were instrumentals? Which songs had vocals, Chinese ones that we already had included? Its interesting to hear, although most of the instrumentals I'll delete after once because, if it doesn't have Axl, its really got no REAL GNR people on it. Which is fine, I'm enjoying listening to these just to hear where Axl's head was at at the time. And the band sounds good. But just wondering what the percentage of the full leak package was vocals vs. non (like did only 20% of it have vocals)?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

But just wondering what the percentage of the full leak package was vocals vs. non (like did only 20% of it have vocals)?

 

Not counting multiple versions of the same songs, there was 42 songs (I think?) and 17 had Axl vocals. So about 40%

Edited by Gordon Comstock
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got to the Tommy Demo #1. Can someone refresh for me, maybe I'm getting it confused. I feel like this track sounds familiar, so was there an instrumental version of this song but under a different name somewhere else in these leaks? I don't know, the instrumentation sounds familiar, but maybe everything here is just starting to sound similar.

  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gunsfanoldie said:

I just got to the Tommy Demo #1. Can someone refresh for me, maybe I'm getting it confused. I feel like this track sounds familiar, so was there an instrumental version of this song but under a different name somewhere else in these leaks? I don't know, the instrumentation sounds familiar, but maybe everything here is just starting to sound similar.

When I first heard it, I thought I had heard it before, too. I could not figure it out, but the guitar and drums sound familiar to me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, kever20 said:

When I first heard it, I thought I had heard it before, too. I could not figure it out, but the guitar and drums sound familiar to me. 

From the master list I guess I'm wrong. I thought maybe it would be like Three Dollar Pyramid that was Better just under a different name. I thought it was one of the other instrumentals in here with Tommy's vocals but I guess not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Finck2006 said:

Has been discussed that the intro of 2006/2010 was The General.

But what about the intro of 2002? Sounds like another piece of Beltrami/Buckmaster.

Wasn't it from a film?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/5/2020 at 12:39 AM, gunsfanoldie said:

The acoustic version of KOHD is the first thing I just heard when I got the big pack of leaks, and its honestly what made me keep listening on. I thought it was an excellent version of a song I'm relatively very sick of.

Exactly

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

Listened to first half of my 2000 Intentions album this morning, and it was so much fun. Last year's leaks were awesome.

Omg,  prostitute, and

Josh versions of:Madagascar, Blues, CD. 

Soooo good

Oh My God was not part of these leaks if you were referring to the 2019 Village sessions (songs from 2000-2001) that leaked. With OMG there's the 1999 single, and the oddly mixed one that leaked 5 or so years ago with Bumblefoot, and Bucket in parts as well. 

18 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

The drums are the least impressive part of CD (leaks or album) no matter whose playing imo.

I really enjoyed Brain's playing, and Josh too. Frank, I like more than most, but prefer Brain over all else. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, anchel2 said:

One question please...

How many songs (leaks, official) with Josh Freese playing drums do we have??

Ones that come to my mind:

Official: Oh My God

From the Village leaks: Rhiad, The Blues, Atlas Shrugged, & Chinese Democracy 

I'm sure I missed others. Some are labeled "old Josh drums" or "old Beavan mix" or something like that. Others may not be labeled.

Josh was one hell of a drummer, I wish they kept some of his complete performances on more official releases. 

IMO Brain was the best (most skilled) drummer GN'R ever had, much like I feel with Buckethead. I wish we had a solid two records with those two all over it, we still may, depending on what the next album looks (or sounds, rather) like.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Ones that come to my mind:

Official: Oh My God

From the Village leaks: Rhiad, The Blues, Atlas Shrugged, & Chinese Democracy 

I'm sure I missed others. Some are labeled "old Josh drums" or "old Beavan mix" or something like that. Others may not be labeled.

Josh was one hell of a drummer, I wish they kept some of his complete performances on more official releases. 

IMO Brain was the best (most skilled) drummer GN'R ever had, much like I feel with Buckethead. I wish we had a solid two records with those two all over it, we still may, depending on what the next album looks (or sounds, rather) like.

 

 

Also Madagascar ("New Brain Drums" Village disc) and SCOM '99.

As a side note... Brain's drumming on Madagascar is way better than Josh's.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

 

Also Madagascar ("New Brain Drums" Village disc) and SCOM '99.

As a side note... Brain's drumming on Madagascar is way better than Josh's.

Josh's Madi is definitley my go to from the leaks - sounds awesome

Link to post
Share on other sites

My bad if this has already been mentioned, but I rewatched the Prometheus movie today and noticed that the outro music during the credits is the piano track from the beginning of Zodiac 13. It’s also played briefly during the movie too. Thought it was a cool find.

Apparently it’s called Raindrop by Chopin

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...