2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

2 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

If they did a special edition AFD, and there is a UYI on the way, I’d be pretty certain something will appear for CD too. If these are being driven by the record company, they will know there is a certain market who want this (and I’d wager Axl would be chipping in as he did with the AFD photos).

I’m probably alone on this & it would never happen but I would love a live era box set too. You could do a 3rd disc of all the songs that didn’t make the original album (Civil War, DTJ, Mama Kin etc.) and a Blu-Ray with a bunch of unreleased live performances. Hell maybe the could finally maybe release Ritz ‘88 on it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, The Matinator said:

I’m probably alone on this & it would never happen but I would love a live era box set too. You could do a 3rd disc of all the songs that didn’t make the original album (Civil War, DTJ, Mama Kin etc.) and a Blu-Ray with a bunch of unreleased live performances. Hell maybe the could finally maybe release Ritz ‘88 on it.

They could easily put together a Live box set full of every era. Marc Canter has a ridiculous amount of footage from the early days, there are a ton of pro shots from 87-89, and they have pro-shots from the entire UYI tour!

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

• 5 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

We're now approaching the 1 year anniversary of the Locker Leaks (28th August), time flies!

I wonder how long we will be waiting for something that exciting to happen again in the GNR world? 

Someone needs to leak The General on 28th August in honour of The Chairman.

The village leaks really help pass the time.

Yes, something new would be great!

The General, Zodiac 13, Oklahoma/Berlin, Soul Monster, Cuban Skies, etc. all with vocals please. I'd imagine at least a few of these are out there.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

15 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Where was Cuban skies confirmed as a title. Seven and Thyme also i would imagine are finished with vocals in many versions I.e 2006 mix, 2008 mix, 2010 with DJ overdubs haha. 

Have we got a list handy of confirmed titles leftover from CD2 updated with locker leak tracks. 

A "CD2" list leaked some time ago, which included "Cuban Skies V", among others. 

Someone on another forum a few years ago said Axl played a handful of CD songs for him in his Ferrari in 2003. The person was asked if he played any songs that didn't make the album, and he said there was one called "100 Cuban Skies" which was about cigars.

Here's the thread:

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/nicest-most-personable-musician-youve-met.447377/page-54

I know most people don't believe me, and I've even had my account banned here for talking about it, but I can confirm the CD2 song list that leaked was real, because I saw it in 2011, and it included "Perhaps ?" and "Nothin ?" which were not known by many outside of the band until last year as part of the "locker leaks" from the Village sessions. Same with "Tonto V Br" though it may have been mentioned elsewhere officially. 

The list was from the first month of 2008, so pre CD release. (Which explains why Catcher is there)

Here it is:

Subject: CD2

Cuban Skies V
The General Ch V
Atlas L
Soul M V
Silk H
Thyme L
Pro2 V
Chi2 D V?
Better2
TIL2 V
Goin Down
Tonto V Br
Monstrocity V lyr
Catcher ?
Nothin ?
JChan ?
?? L editing V
Perhaps ?
OMG2 ?
4 Heavens. ? Sing
Light My Fire

Sent via Blackberry by AT&T

Edited by Sweersa

34 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Crazy it's already been a year ... Truly the greatest & most exciting time in my GnR fandom life ... These leaks are so special to me ... The most special part being NEW vocals from my favorite singer

I'm still amazed we got the leaks. With a year about to pass I think we can now objectively say we got a rock solid new GNR EP last year. I still listen to it very regularly.

I would honestly be surprised if a new EP / album in 2020 (or anytime in the future) could match up to the leaks with vocals from last year.

Edited by jackparker123
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Creed said:

Why? A lot of these songs will be on the new album. And Axl rerecorded the vocals. His voice will sound much better and more like old Axl and without Mickey Mouse

4 years into the reunion with zero new material doesn't do much for my confidence.

I'd love to be proven wrong!

25 minutes ago, Creed said:

Why? A lot of these songs will be on the new album. And Axl rerecorded the vocals. His voice will sound much better and more like old Axl and without Mickey Mouse

While I agree a lot of the songs will be on the next album, I would bet most of the vocals will not be re-recorded. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sweersa said:

A "CD2" list leaked some time ago, which included "Cuban Skies V", among others. 

Someone on another forum a few years ago said Axl played a handful of CD songs for him in his Ferrari in 2003. The person was asked if he played any songs that didn't make the album, and he said there was one called "100 Cuban Skies" which was about cigars.

Here's the thread:

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/nicest-most-personable-musician-youve-met.447377/page-54

I know most people don't believe me, and I've even had my account banned here for talking about it, but I can confirm the CD2 song list that leaked was real, because I saw it in 2011, and it included "Perhaps ?" and "Nothin ?" which were not known by many outside of the band until last year as part of the "locker leaks" from the Village sessions. Same with "Tonto V Br" though it may have been mentioned elsewhere officially. 

The list was from the first month of 2008, so pre CD release. (Which explains why Catcher is there)

Here it is:

Subject: CD2

Cuban Skies V
The General Ch V
Atlas L
Soul M V
Silk H
Thyme L
Pro2 V
Chi2 D V?
Better2
TIL2 V
Goin Down
Tonto V Br
Monstrocity V lyr
Catcher ?
Nothin ?
JChan ?
?? L editing V
Perhaps ?
OMG2 ?
4 Heavens. ? Sing
Light My Fire

Sent via Blackberry by AT&T

If so many alternates were being considered that leads me to believe Axl doesn't have that much done. Would be be pretty upsetting if Oklahoma/Berlin never received full vocals.

24 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

If so many alternates were being considered that leads me to believe Axl doesn't have that much done. Would be be pretty upsetting if Oklahoma/Berlin never received full vocals.

Hard to say, in 2006 Axl said on Eddie Trunk radio show they had 2.5 albums worth of material. I'd imagine more was accumulated since then.

Oklahoma/Berlin, Seven, State of Grace, Eye on You, and Ides of March are all confirmed titles/songs, but missing from that list, unless of course they exist under a different title in that list. 

Maybe the above were considered for the "third album"? Who knows.

Edited by Sweersa

11 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I hope not! 

I like his natural singing voice, along with bits of the forced, weird rasp he's done for years like in Hardschool, we get the best of both worlds. When Axl sings Atlas, that sounds like how a man is supposed to sing, nothing forced, or unusual. Just a man with a nice voice singing. The rasp today, serves as a placed enhancer, like with the chorus of Hardschool. It doesn't seem out of place, or take over the song.

I won't enjoy the album if it's all like the This I Love remix, that sounds way too forced, not to mention he could never pull that off live. I enjoy the album vocals much better than the remix, the remix vocals are too much.

Anything is possible, in the studio. Axl is not getting any younger, so I'm sure his cleaner singing, most notably on CD (it even started before, we get a lot of clean stuff in prior albums) will be better for eventual touring with new material, so he can handle it.

Of course these are all my opinions, the beauty of music.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I like his natural singing voice, along with bits of the forced, weird rasp he's done for years like in Hardschool, we get the best of both worlds. When Axl sings Atlas, that sounds like how a man is supposed to sing, nothing forced, or unusual. Just a man with a nice voice singing. The rasp today, serves as a placed enhancer, like with the chorus of Hardschool. It doesn't seem out of place, or take over the song.

I won't enjoy the album if it's all like the This I Love remix, that sounds way too forced, not to mention he could never pull that off live. I enjoy the album vocals much better than the remix, the remix vocals are too much.

Anything is possible, in the studio. Axl is not getting any younger, so I'm sure his cleaner singing, most notably on CD (it even started before, we get a lot of clean stuff in prior albums) will be better for eventual touring with new material, so he can handle it.

Of course these are all my opinions, the beauty of music.

I love all the different eras & styles of Axl's vocals (except the live mickey of this past decade). His vocals in ChiDem I think are perfect and the album version of This I Love is one of my favorite performances of his

• Like 1