Jump to content

CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**


Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, anchel2 said:

One question please...

How many songs (leaks, official) with Josh Freese playing drums do we have??

Ones that come to my mind:

Official: Oh My God

From the Village leaks: Rhiad, The Blues, Atlas Shrugged, & Chinese Democracy 

I'm sure I missed others. Some are labeled "old Josh drums" or "old Beavan mix" or something like that. Others may not be labeled.

Josh was one hell of a drummer, I wish they kept some of his complete performances on more official releases. 

IMO Brain was the best (most skilled) drummer GN'R ever had, much like I feel with Buckethead. I wish we had a solid two records with those two all over it, we still may, depending on what the next album looks (or sounds, rather) like.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's just make this clear. We will not allow any discussion relating to any correspondence that was intended to be private.  This is none of our business and just as we would want others to resp

Even though the content of the storage locker wasn't intended to be released by its creator, I'm glad I got to hear it. It's music. But private e-mails are another story. As much as curious I am

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Ones that come to my mind:

Official: Oh My God

From the Village leaks: Rhiad, The Blues, Atlas Shrugged, & Chinese Democracy 

I'm sure I missed others. Some are labeled "old Josh drums" or "old Beavan mix" or something like that. Others may not be labeled.

Josh was one hell of a drummer, I wish they kept some of his complete performances on more official releases. 

IMO Brain was the best (most skilled) drummer GN'R ever had, much like I feel with Buckethead. I wish we had a solid two records with those two all over it, we still may, depending on what the next album looks (or sounds, rather) like.

 

 

Also Madagascar ("New Brain Drums" Village disc) and SCOM '99.

As a side note... Brain's drumming on Madagascar is way better than Josh's.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

 

Also Madagascar ("New Brain Drums" Village disc) and SCOM '99.

As a side note... Brain's drumming on Madagascar is way better than Josh's.

Josh's Madi is definitley my go to from the leaks - sounds awesome

Link to post
Share on other sites

My bad if this has already been mentioned, but I rewatched the Prometheus movie today and noticed that the outro music during the credits is the piano track from the beginning of Zodiac 13. It’s also played briefly during the movie too. Thought it was a cool find.

Apparently it’s called Raindrop by Chopin

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

My bad if this has already been mentioned, but I rewatched the Prometheus movie today and noticed that the outro music during the credits is the piano track from the beginning of Zodiac 13. It’s also played briefly during the movie too. Thought it was a cool find.

Apparently it’s called Raindrop by Chopin

Nice find! I'll have to check that song or movie out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone else find the leaks too convenient and too much of a coincidence to not seem intentional? 

+ If I recall correctly, there was not a single song leaked that was not later played on the 2006 tour cycle (2006 leaks).

+ The various demos with band members not included in the official release is cool but what is anyone going to do with it?

+ The Brain remixes might be the best thing leaked.  I wouldn't think it would be possible to make the Chinese Democracy songs "cool" but those remixes nailed it.  What is lost by having those out there?  It's a remix?  Anybody can remix a song, right? 

+ Even the 2018(?) leak of the massive collection of Chinese Democracy demos and other music (15 CDs worth).  No matter how you slice it, I'm not convinced that pre-reunion tracks and recordings have as much value now that Slash and Duff are back and working on new material.  Even the unreleased complete songs (Atlas Shrugged, Going Down, Hard School, I probably forgot some) would likely be re-recorded before they would release them, if at all.  

I know leaks are a very sensitive topic, especially for the management of the band.  I don't know of any other band that has more leaked and in greater variety that what ends up being officially released.  So weird.  

Edited by BigVanVader
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, BigVanVader said:

I don't know of any other band that has more leaked and in greater variety that was ends up being officially released.  So weird.  

I think about this all the time lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigVanVader said:

Does anyone else find the leaks too convenient and too much of a coincidence to not seem intentional? 

+ If I recall correctly, there was not a single song leaked that was not later played on the 2006 tour cycle (2006 leaks).

 

Catcher In The Rye wasn't played, and clearly sounded different from the rest. The rest seemed planned.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/06/2020 at 5:08 AM, Gordon Comstock said:

 

Also Madagascar ("New Brain Drums" Village disc) and SCOM '99.

As a side note... Brain's drumming on Madagascar is way better than Josh's.

Did i miss something? Did the big daddy version of scom get leaked in full? I thought i had everything?? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BigVanVader said:

Does anyone else find the leaks too convenient and too much of a coincidence to not seem intentional? 

+ If I recall correctly, there was not a single song leaked that was not later played on the 2006 tour cycle (2006 leaks).

+ The various demos with band members not included in the official release is cool but what is anyone going to do with it?

+ The Brain remixes might be the best thing leaked.  I wouldn't think it would be possible to make the Chinese Democracy songs "cool" but those remixes nailed it.  What is lost by having those out there?  It's a remix?  Anybody can remix a song, right? 

+ Even the 2018(?) leak of the massive collection of Chinese Democracy demos and other music (15 CDs worth).  No matter how you slice it, I'm not convinced that pre-reunion tracks and recordings have as much value now that Slash and Duff are back and working on new material.  Even the unreleased complete songs (Atlas Shrugged, Going Down, Hard School, I probably forgot some) would likely be recorded before they would release them, if at all.  

I know leaks are a very sensitive topic, especially for the management of the band.  I don't know of any other band that has more leaked and in greater variety that what ends up being officially released.  So weird.  

Agreed. I've always found the whole leak business to be somewhat....strange.

The fact that they started rehearsing Hardschool right after it leaked? After so many years of no activity and no new music, a new song is leaked and then rehearsed at almost the same time? Seems quite a coincidence...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BigVanVader said:

Does anyone else find the leaks too convenient and too much of a coincidence to not seem intentional? 

+ If I recall correctly, there was not a single song leaked that was not later played on the 2006 tour cycle (2006 leaks).

+ The various demos with band members not included in the official release is cool but what is anyone going to do with it?

+ The Brain remixes might be the best thing leaked.  I wouldn't think it would be possible to make the Chinese Democracy songs "cool" but those remixes nailed it.  What is lost by having those out there?  It's a remix?  Anybody can remix a song, right?  

Sorry mate you lost me after this bit :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

Every time this thread has new posts I get my hopes up :lol:

Had the same with the Official media and New album threads, but the former is about racism these days and the latter... meh. No hopes up any more. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/05/2020 at 7:20 PM, kever20 said:

When I first heard it, I thought I had heard it before, too. I could not figure it out, but the guitar and drums sound familiar to me. 

I thought Tommy demo sounded like the intro song of Californication (the show).

  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2020 at 7:19 PM, Propaganda said:

I thought Tommy demo sounded like the intro song of Californication (the show).

Yeah, it sounded like a TV theme or something to me. I don't know the musical term, but the riff accompanied by that style of drumming is cool.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/06/2020 at 4:19 AM, Propaganda said:

I thought Tommy demo sounded like the intro song of Californication (the show).

That's interesting because some of his songs were on the soundtrack for this show 

 

Edited by Sosso
  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...