2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

3 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

What's the general view on Nothing??! I've heard it sounds like elevator music!

Nothing is nothing special, as others have said.

It would take a lot to make it a good song as it existed then.

I assume it has been improved since 2000.

10 hours ago, gavgnr said:

I can hear a similarity with Billionaire but not SOG

Yeah I made a post last year about the similarities between Billionaire & The General ... Definitely interesting.

6 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Before it leaked, someone described it as "GNR meets Pink Floyd."

Man it was disappointing to finally hear it... :lol:

I actually really like that song for what it is. The beat is fun. And I think Axl's vocals are astounding ... Although I think every vocal track from Axl is lol 

6 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I actually really like that song for what it is. The beat is fun. And I think Axl's vocals are astounding ... Although I think every vocal track from Axl is lol 

The vocals are a scratch take, and they sound like it. WTTJ, Coma, TWAT, those are astounding vocals...

The version that we heard sounds like such an early version that I don't even count it when I think of the leaked songs with vocals. Same with Quicksong, although instrumentally QS sounds a lot more finished than Nothing.

18 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The vocals are a scratch take, and they sound like it. WTTJ, Coma, TWAT, those are astounding vocals...

The version that we heard sounds like such an early version that I don't even count it when I think of the leaked songs with vocals. Same with Quicksong, although instrumentally QS sounds a lot more finished than Nothing.

The vocals remind me of Look At Your Game Girl. And you don't count it? Sorry but any vocals from Axl should be counted no matter what stage of completion they're in, given the amount of recorded vocals we have from him and the time in which it's been since the last release of said vocals.

4 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

The vocals remind me of Look At Your Game Girl. And you don't count it? Sorry but any vocals from Axl should be counted no matter what stage of completion they're in, given the amount of recorded vocals we have from him and the time in which it's been since the last release of said vocals.

He's mumbling and singing the same few lyrics and 'oohs' and 'aahs' for 3-4 minutes... no I don't count it. The version we heard is more of an idea than it is a song. Do you honestly listen to in playlists or anything?

• Haha 1

I never thought of Nothing as being with scratch vocals, but it makes some sense. Quick Song is obvious, and State Of Grace sounds like scratch vocals too, from a recording quality standpoint, unless that was the intent for effect on that song. The instrumental for State Of Grace sounds good, only missing a guitar solo, assuming one was intended for that song. Axl's vocals sound like they were recorded with a cheap mic at his PC, for the most part in that track.

State Of Grace with polished vocals, and a Buckethead or Robin guitar solo would be amazing. Axl's singing at the end is TWAT ending like good.

• Like 1

Nothing is 100% scratch vocals.  He just singing the melody to get it recorded, then will finish with real lyrics later.  It couldn't be more obvious based on the repeated lyrics and the mumbled section.

While the music portion isn't great and wouldn't be happy with that as the final version, it does remind me a bit of Zeppelin (D'yer Mak'er), which I like.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, kozydogg said:

Nothing is 100% scratch vocals.  He just singing the melody to get it recorded, then will finish with real lyrics later.  It couldn't be more obvious based on the repeated lyrics and the mumbled section.

While the music portion isn't great and wouldn't be happy with that as the final version, it does remind me a bit of Zeppelin (D'yer Mak'er), which I like.

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

State Of Grace with polished vocals, and a Buckethead or Robin guitar solo would be amazing. Axl's singing at the end is TWAT ending like good.

Would be great to hear Gary Sunshine's take on it. Or even an isolated Paul Tobias rhythm track with Chris Pitman on shakers. I mean, can you imagine the public reaction if that shit leaked!

• Haha 1

On 4/29/2021 at 1:33 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

He's mumbling and singing the same few lyrics and 'oohs' and 'aahs' for 3-4 minutes... no I don't count it. The version we heard is more of an idea than it is a song. Do you honestly listen to in playlists or anything?

Yes, when I'm in the mood to listen to it I put it on, as I said, I enjoy it. Would listen to "Nothing" 10 times in a row before listening to "Rock the Rock" 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Yes, when I'm in the mood to listen to it I put it on, as I said, I enjoy it. Would listen to "Nothing" 10 times in a row before listening to "Rock the Rock" 

Whatever floats your boat man. :thumbsup:

I don't listen to RTR or Nothing, but if I were gonna pick one I'd go with RTR because at least it's a complete song.

13 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

A world whereupon those are your legitimate options for the day sounds bloody awful! I'd be looking for the gun. 

• Haha 4

On 4/30/2021 at 3:30 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

Whatever floats your boat man. :thumbsup:

I don't listen to RTR or Nothing, but if I were gonna pick one I'd go with RTR because at least it's a complete song.

Dreadful 

On 5/1/2021 at 4:07 AM, 19AT5 said:

A world whereupon those are your legitimate options for the day sounds bloody awful! I'd be looking for the gun. 

I was just taking a shot at that ridiculous excuse for a "song" that Rock the Rock is because of the extremely odd praise it gets on here when Axl sounds like absolute dog shit and the song is intended for legit children ... 

• Like 1

Sad how these days to hear "new" material, one has to rely on some fans rendition of the song, like in the case of Atlas Shrugged. I listened to that youtuber Aien's take on the song. I'm sure if I was able to hear Axl singing it, I would be very into it. Now it's just kind of meh... the name makes it sound epic, but until I hear the real version, I can only shrug my shoulders at that song. Dammit Axl! Put it out there, this is ridiculous! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, weaponsnflowers said:

Sad how these days to hear "new" material, one has to rely on some fans rendition of the song, like in the case of Atlas Shrugged. I listened to that youtuber Aien's take on the song. I'm sure if I was able to hear Axl singing it, I would be very into it. Now it's just kind of meh... the name makes it sound epic, but until I hear the real version, I can only shrug my shoulders at that song. Dammit Axl! Put it out there, this is ridiculous! 

The name does make it sound epic. I was extremely disappointed when I heard the song. It’s grown on me. But still nothing like I imagined.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

• 1 year later...

People say the full Zodiac leak is fake but why does It always end up being taken down from YouTube for Copyright vialations as other fakes as No Love Remains stays there for years and years

just thought about this in regards to the recent GTA VI leaks, as they were taken down It was confirmed that they are real

2 hours ago, Teroz said:

People say the full Zodiac leak is fake but why does It always end up being taken down from YouTube for Copyright vialations as other fakes as No Love Remains stays there for years and years

just thought about this in regards to the recent GTA VI leaks, as they were taken down It was confirmed that they are real

What zodiac leak? been away few years must of missed that.

13 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

What zodiac leak? been away few years must of missed that.

yes there is a youtube channel with a bunch of GNR songs from the CD era

Edit: looks like the channel has been taken down despite me listening to a few songs yesterday

Edited by kingcanyon

1 hour ago, kingcanyon said:

yes there is a youtube channel with a bunch of GNR songs from the CD era

Edit: looks like the channel has been taken down despite me listening to a few songs yesterday

Shame it went before I had a chance to listen. I always like the instrumental. Was the channel pulled due to copyright? or just taken down by user?

28 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Shame it went before I had a chance to listen. I always like the instrumental. Was the channel pulled due to copyright? or just taken down by user?

channel taken down from copyright by RIAA. and it was only yesterday i was listening to SOG & Atlas

Edited by kingcanyon