2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

15 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I had thought - I was sure - that if the General was released there would be people saying that they preferred the cell phone recording version despite the fact that we can barely hear anything there. But I wouldn't have imagined that someone would say that even before the song was released :lol:

for sure.  "over produced" "bloated" "not mixed correctly"

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I know for a fact there are active member(s) here with material that doesn't exist outside of those associated with the band.

Tell us all that you know please....who, what, where, when, how ???
Most of your info can't be shared I guess....but you probably can tell more than you just did.

Thanks

17 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

Amy idea what tracks? 

Leave Me Alone and Seven, a mix of Silkworms similar to the live performances back in the day, Oh My God (newer versions before the version that leaked) and earlier songs not from the Village leaks. I believe most of the Roy Thomas Baker stuff is out there.

5 hours ago, avahland said:

Tell us all that you know please....who, what, where, when, how ???
Most of your info can't be shared I guess....but you probably can tell more than you just did.

Thanks

Read the posts by member @Brodie

I believe he is no longer with us. May he rest in peace.

I can't remember his name, but also the member here who posted some Soul Monster lyrics. They say the stars don't look the same, I may have changed, yet I have my soul to claim. (Something like that)

On 9/21/2022 at 11:05 AM, Finck2006 said:

In fact I heard the whole song I was in Wien that night

Can you describe the song? 

In fact, why doesn't people share actual details about unreleased stuff that didn't leak? I'd love to hear reactions and/or overall impressions. 

59 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Leave Me Alone and Seven, a mix of Silkworms similar to the live performances back in the day, Oh My God (newer versions before the version that leaked) and earlier songs not from the Village leaks. I believe most of the Roy Thomas Baker stuff is out there.

I can't remember his name, but also the member here who posted some Soul Monster lyrics. They say the stars don't look the same, I may have changed, yet I have my soul to claim. (Something like that)

Earlier songs meaning the Slash era post UYI?

• Like 1

On 9/23/2022 at 6:07 PM, Voodoochild said:

Can you describe the song? 

In fact, why doesn't people share actual details about unreleased stuff that didn't leak? I'd love to hear reactions and/or overall impressions. 

Earlier songs meaning the Slash era post UYI?

No, at least none that I'm aware of. I believe one was a Dizzy song with Josh on drums. I think he also had Down By The Ocean, or at least was seeking it out. 

On 9/24/2022 at 3:46 AM, Twinaleblood said:

Aren't Leave Me Alone and Soul Monster the same song?

Yes.

• Like 2

On 9/24/2022 at 7:07 AM, Sweersa said:

There was also the member who shared some of the lyrics from sorry before it was released or anyone outside GnR had heard of it

• Like 1

On 9/24/2022 at 3:09 AM, Sosso said:

Can you tell us more about the song? 

Hey! I cant do a proper review, I was hanging with friends and Pitman,Ashba,Bumble were in the room, took me seconds to recognise Axl.

I remember it was more heavy than the cd, it reminds me the first impression I had of OMG.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, Sweersa said:

After listening to the Village leaks more and more, and understanding a lot of these mixes have Josh on drums, I just gotta say, I really wish they kept his drumming on some of the songs. I especially like his drums on Silkworms, CD, and Hardschool. 

I guess they liked it a lot if they asked Brain to play note for note the same thing. I guess it mostly had to do with having the current members on the album which explains the Frank and Bumblefoot additions to the record 

7 minutes ago, Spaghetti4twenty said:

I guess they liked it a lot if they asked Brain to play note for note the same thing. I guess it mostly had to do with having the current members on the album which explains the Frank and Bumblefoot additions to the record 

I agree, but what is odd is they didn't leave any of Josh's parts at all. I would have expected them to keep him on at least one or two songs or in parts of others like with they did with Bucket and others who were not in the band at the time of release. I suppose it's always possible we will hear him on future releases, though unlikely as Brain probably rerecorded all songs they deemed worthy of eventual release and is still tight with the band as far as we know. 

5 hours ago, Sweersa said:

After listening to the Village leaks more and more, and understanding a lot of these mixes have Josh on drums, I just gotta say, I really wish they kept his drumming on some of the songs. I especially like his drums on Silkworms, CD, and Hardschool. 

Why did you dig this thread up for an opinion 

1 hour ago, CAFC Nick said:

The drums on Hardschool are vastly superior compared to Hard Skool.

I agree, I like those original parts. I sound like a broken record on here but I’m curious if these songs were produced by Caram or produced by the band. I have such a hard time believing the same guy who gave us Chinese Democracy gave us “Hard Skool”, especially when comparing it to the original version that sounds super crisp 

• Like 2