2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

I'm inclined to think this could be a troll job as a retaliation for another troll job not too long ago, but that particular troll job was less convincing cause it involved songs we have no proof of....these two songs we KNOW damn well have been in people's hands for years, so maybe it's not a troll job?

1 minute ago, estrangedtwat said:

I'm inclined to think this could be a troll job as a retaliation for another troll job not too long ago, but that particular troll job was less convincing cause it involved songs we have no proof of....these two songs we KNOW damn well have been in people's hands for years, so maybe it's not a troll job?

It's not a troll job. Why would I ever wanna waste my time faking that I've heard some newly leaked old ass shitty NuGnR songs. I barely even post online anymore so I'm definitely not wasting my time coming here to play some dickhead game with others to get back at trolls I don't give two shits about to begin with :lol:

They did actually leak. It's legit. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bono said:

They both absolutely suck. It's disgusting to think this was the hill Axl was willing to die on when it came to GnR. Slash's Snakepit stuff wasn't good enough but this welfare version of a cross between NIN and Ministry was his vision? Horrible. 

I get what you're saying in terms of the difference in material. But that's not how it happened. Which ever version of the story you believe, Axl never wanted Slash to leave and only started doing stuff like OMG/Silkworms after Slash had gone. He wanted to do 3-4 of the Snakepit songs, was even interested in the riff that became Fall to Pieces. I don't think they were trying to make an "industrial" record when Slash was there. Slash just didn't want to do Axl's ballads, if Axl even brought them in. If anything Axl's vision could only be to have Slash playing Finck's parts, which is impossible because Finck hadn't written or played a note yet. Axl probably just wanted it to sound like Chi dem and Better do live now and Slash to play a solo on This I Love. But with Slash gone Axl could explore at lot more and the final CD became an full Alt Rock record. I'm not sure that was Axl's vision when Slash was still in the band. 

• Like 1

I wonder whoever leaked these if they tampered with Silkworms by removing any bits of it?

It's infuriating that in 2018 it's still phone recordings of a song being played that surfaces! Better than nothing though, right?

Edited by Dean

The OMG leak does sound like a legit new mix, different parts that could not simply be edited.  It is legit,  However the audio quality is definitely suspect, it is possible the hoarders overloaded it a bit for trading and have a way better quality version of it possibly

Silkworms is really interesting to hear, although I still maintain that it isn't a amazing song by any means lol

Silkworms sounds just as odd as I thought it would, it has a bit with "new" vocals in the slower portion which I absolutely love other than that it's silkworms.

Oh My God sounds a bit like there is something missing in the mix, it's still just as kick ass as the older version. The bridge is different with the rhythm guitar missing, there is also a new guitar solo right after that! I still prefare the endless days version but this one kicks ass as well!

2 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Silkworms sounds just as odd as I thought it would, it has a bit with "new" vocals in the slower portion which I absolutely love other than that it's silkworms.

Oh My God sounds a bit like there is something missing in the mix, it's still just as kick ass as the older version. The bridge is different with the rhythm guitar missing, there is also a new guitar solo right after that! I still prefare the endless days version but this one kicks ass as well!

Yeah, not sure why they took out the rhythm guitar on that first bridge - it doesn't sound quite right to me.

Pretty sure the new guitar parts are played by Ron. I've sent him an email and asked him - I'll let you know if he confirms it.

• Thanks 2
  • GNFNR 1

This version of OMG sounds more like a demo than the 1999 version that Axl called a demo after it came out.  The first verse, the drums drop out in the mix in a way that is kind of odd sonically.  There seems to be less of the distortion effect on Axl's voice as well which is interesting to hear, it gives me more of a Live Era Axl sound which makes sense because this was recorded around that time

20 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

OMG is not only the worst song in the GNR catalogue, its one of the worst songs ive ever heard period.

Like nails on a chalkboard.

Agreed. Haven't listened to silkworms yet, but that new version of OMG is the musical equivalent of a guy in an orange tracksuit, humping a green inflatable rubber horse 🤣

I don't recall the late 90s being THIS weird, even for such an Avantgarde taste... 

Edited by bernard

7 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

I might possibly observe that Silkworms is one badass motherfucking rock track that CD sorely needed.

Um... no. Lol

Honestly, Silkworms is terrible, and about as far from a badass motherfucking rock track as you can get. At least to my ears it is. 

Edited by metallex78
  • Like 1