2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

4 minutes ago, Caedo said:

So based on what's leaked and other info, would the only songs that made it onto CD that were written/recorded after 1999 be Scraped, Sorry, Shacklers, Better and If the World?

If the info on those CDs were right Sorry, Shacklers .and If the World . were all there from 2000 ? If those track list are n't bullshit

• Like 1

Just now, Fried chicken said:

If the info on those CDs were right Sorry, Shacklers .and If the World . were all there from 2000 ? If those track list are n't bullshit

Ah right I haven't looked at all the track lists, was more basing it off the songs that leaked. So pretty much the entire album was written by 1999 then.

1 minute ago, DeadSlash said:

Isn't it a long standing rumor that Axl handed in a record in 99 or 2000 and the record company rejected it?

It either proves that rumor false, or that the record company were a bunch of stupid assholes.

or that axl stuck to his gun for another 8 years. mean while jimmy lovine and interscope had enough leaked it to make a reunion posable

When you realize that people like Ezrin told Axl (in 2000) that he only had like two good songs, while all this we've just heard had already been created, it certainly paints some picture. To be nice, I'll just call them money cunts. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

Finck said in 2000 they had recorded several albums of material and had dozens of finished tracks. Axl was talking about a double album in 99. Shouldn't be too much of a surprise.

Axl supposedly told Erzin the album was finished in 2000 and Erzin told Axl only 2 great songs.

Erzin's comments on the whole project, in retrospect really make him look at least partially responsible for the mess afterwards.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jamillos said:

When you realize that people like Ezrin told Axl (in 2000) that he only had like two good songs, while all this we've just heard had been already created, it certainly paints some picture. To be nice, I'll just call them money cunts. 

Ezin and lovine had produced some of the the giants of the the game Alice Cooper Kiss Pink Floyd , Tom Petty , Springseen . Maybe there Ears were Dead by 2000 When the kids where BUYING limp bizkit .( Ha ha sorry had to type limp bizkit ) at that time i was lost in a world of shite music. chi dem 2000 would of been just the ticket.

2 minutes ago, Fried chicken said:

Ezin and lovine had produced some of the the giants of the the game Alice Cooper Kiss Pink Floyd , Tom Petty , Springseen . Maybe there Ears were Dead by 2000 When the kids where BUYING limp bizkit .( Ha ha sorry had to type limp bizkit ) at that time i was lost in a world of shite music. chi dem 2000 would of been just the ticket.

Absolutely. The only thing worse than Limp Bizkit is Linkin Park. That's seriously shit. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dean said:

Those 10 seconds of an earlier version of Silkworms sound interesting. Screaming synth that Rio has. Should never have been taken out!

I can’t stop listening to Going Down.

I reckon i could of bin like an izzy type song would of sat well in the album if you listen to all the latest leaks as well as oh my god and atlas would of been a good album for 2000 . never be a UYI  but the bar was already set high.

On 29. 08. 2019. at 3:33 PM, Tyler Drama said:

So if they released a new album and it was bad, you’d prefer it just because you know Slash is on it?

Well answer is not that simple but yes I prefer it not only because Slash but also because Duff and idealy Izzy and Steven. Slash work with Myles is far from great, Duff solo work is meh, Izzy is triing but lacking voice and Steven is just beiing Steven. Axl is probably glue who connected them and makes them better music wise. But we have huge gap of 20 years of not making misic together. We have UYI albums as last real albums and everyone will compare new album to this masterpoece albums. And that is not easy when you know that youre albums were plathinum. So probably they will need like album or two to tune in. Bring mojo back. And I love Slashes sound it makes difference as Duffs bass is. 

16 minutes ago, Fried chicken said:

I reckon i could of bin like an izzy type song would of sat well in the album if you listen to all the latest leaks as well as oh my god and atlas would of been a good album for 2000 . never be a UYI  but the bar was already set high.

Chinese is my favourite Guns record, but I’ve a lot of love for the UYI records too.

It definitely would’ve sat well on the record. There was rumours years ago that Axl recorded lead vocals for it, which now seem unlikely, but would’ve been amazing to hear as I reckon it would’ve showed off his lower/mid register beautifully.

1 minute ago, Dean said:

Chinese is my favourite Guns record, but I’ve a lot of love for the UYI records too.

It definitely would’ve sat well on the record. There was rumours years ago that Axl recorded lead vocals for it, which now seem unlikely, but would’ve been amazing to hear as I reckon it would’ve showed off his lower/mid register beautifully.

yeah bit like 14 years shared vocals . 

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

When you realize that people like Ezrin told Axl (in 2000) that he only had like two good songs, while all this we've just heard had already been created, it certainly paints some picture. To be nice, I'll just call them money cunts. 

Yeah, that's what I was talking about, wasn't that a thing?  How far up their ass must their heads have been?  

Were they like the real life Christopher Walken?  Just demanding "more clown noises!!" in TWAT as opposed to cowbell?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dean said:

Those 10 seconds of an earlier version of Silkworms sound interesting. Screaming synth that Rio has. Should never have been taken out!

I can’t stop listening to Going Down.

What 10 seconds of an earlier silkworms? has more leaked?

53 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

What 10 seconds of an earlier silkworms? has more leaked?

A snippet of someone playing it through speakers while recording from their phone has surfaced. Nothing special, but you hear the mental synth along with other fx that the early live versions had