2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

2 minutes ago, Dean said:

A snippet of someone playing it through speakers while recording from their phone has surfaced. Nothing special, but you hear the mental synth along with other fx that the early live versions had

And your confident it's real? 

Never liked the song but I look forward to maybe hearing a proper stereo studio version someday

5 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

And your confident it's real? 

Never liked the song but I look forward to maybe hearing a proper stereo studio version someday

I suppose technically it could be recreated, but I’ve no reason to believe it’s anything other than the real deal.

Just thinking out loud here about that 20 CD-R boxset:

I would bet money that it's real.

For example, there's a bootleg label called Eye Records that deals exclusively in Prince bootlegs. Hoarders regularly sell Eye publicly uncirculating material which then gets put onto their compilations. This usually pisses off the other hoarders and they usually leak the songs before Eye have a chance to release them. Perhaps this is what we saw happening with the leaks the other night? Plus, if someone gives it to a bootleg label to release and spread instead of a usual leak, it let's the source hide a bit more.

Also, remember Saskatoon leaked through Empress Valley releasing it on DVD. So this isn't out if the realm of possibility.

The image on the listing being similar to another boxset doesn't mean anything. Most sales sites use stock images like this, it's not unusual for a basic template to be used for mock-up artwork to be put onto it.

There are also multiple bootleg labels called Rising Sun Records, at least one of which has sold GN'R CD-Rs, but I'm not familiar enough with any of them to know for sure if what I assume to be the catalog number (GNR-072) is consistent with any of them.

Listing this for sale for someone to take a screenshot of then taking it down could be a way for Rising Sun to build a buzz around it for when it actually drops. Or it could be a bluff to make the hoarders panic and leak, or to make TB panic and release CD Locked & Loaded. Or it could just be a huge troll. The former is more likely considering they actually had the full tracklisting.

Either way, I'm thinking we hear this material sooner rather than later.

Edited by Azifwekare
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

For example, there's a bootleg label called Eye Records that deals exclusively in Prince bootlegs. Hoarders regularly sell Eye publicly uncirculating material which then gets put onto their compilations. This usually pisses off the other hoarders and they usually leak the songs before Eye have a chance to release them. Perhaps this is what we saw happening with the leaks the other night? Plus, if someone gives it to a bootleg label to release and spread instead of a usual leak, it let's the source hide a bit more.

Also, remember Saskatoon leaked through Empress Valley releasing it on DVD. So this isn't out if the realm of possibility.

The image on the listing being similar to another boxset doesn't mean anything. Most sales sites use stock images like this, it's not unusual for a basic template to be used for mock-up artwork to be put onto it.

There are also multiple bootleg labels called Rising Sun Records, at least one of which has sold GN'R CD-Rs, but I'm not familiar enough with any of them to know for sure if what I assume to be the catalog number (GNR-072) is consistent with any of them.

Listing this for sale for someone to take a screenshot of then taking it down could be a way for Rising Sun to build a buzz around it for when it actually drops. Or it could be a bluff to make the hoarders panic and leak, or to make TB panic and release CD Locked & Loaded. The former is more likely considering they actually had the full tracklisting.

@ZoSoRoseand I had an argument over the phone the other night about this. He thinks it's real and I don't.

I don't have a lot of justification. I just don't think it's real for some reason. 

For the record, I would love it it was real. 

1 minute ago, Finck2006 said:

Really? I cant believe it

I'm serious. I don't get how people are still being fooled by it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Azifwekare said:

Listing this for sale for someone to take a screenshot of then taking it down could be a way for Rising Sun to build a buzz around it for when it actually drops. Or it could be a bluff to make the hoarders panic and leak, or to make TB panic and release CD Locked & Loaded. Or it could just be a huge troll. The former is more likely considering they actually had the full tracklisting.

Its fake bro, Ive contacted Rising Sun Records. 

Edited by default_
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Caedo said:

So based on what's leaked and other info, would the only songs that made it onto CD that were written/recorded after 1999 be Scraped, Sorry, Shacklers, Better and If the World?

All of those except for Scraped are on the '99-00 discs apparently. Sorry is called I'm Sorry and Better is supposedly 3 Dollar Pyramid. Shackler's is there too but I would guess it's just an instrumental.

• Like 1

Just now, zombux said:

wut? where did you find this info? I'm really curious now.

Read it on another forum. I don't know if it's true, since I haven't heard the song, but it's entirely possible that Better existed in 2000 as an instrumental with a different title. So take it with a grain of salt, but for now I believe it.

• GNFNR 1

On 2019-08-29 at 5:29 AM, RussTCB said:

It's 4:27am where I am and the first thing I'm going to do is apologize to @cpaxlvacy and @Pskihq92. I went to bed VERY cynical last night and was telling how fake Prostitute was. 

Needless to say I just woke up and found out a ton of stuff leaked and it's VERY real :)

No harm done.  Glad you got the songs and are enjoying them.  I prefer version 2 and CD with Josh over Chinese Stew. CITR and The Blues are both beautiful and amazing. Riad is actually listenable now.. I like the solo. 

3 minutes ago, Edward Nygma said:

Anybody expect any of the recent leaks to be featured on the next official album release?

Sadly no

13 minutes ago, Pskihq92 said:

No harm done.  Glad you got the songs and are enjoying them.  I prefer version 2 and CD with Josh over Chinese Stew. CITR and The Blues are both beautiful and amazing. Riad is actually listenable now.. I like the solo. 

Agreed on all points Chinese with Josh is now my favorite version of that song. I'm still not a CITR fan, but I dig this version more than any version I've heard. I also think this is my favorite version of The Blues, Pitmans synths are awesome. 

19 minutes ago, Edward Nygma said:

Anybody expect any of the recent leaks to be featured on the next official album release?

I'd love it if HS and Atlas were on the next album. Also, lol @ next album... 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Read it on another forum. I don't know if it's true, since I haven't heard the song, but it's entirely possible that Better existed in 2000 as an instrumental with a different title. So take it with a grain of salt, but for now I believe it.

I think better is from 2004/2006 sessions.  The chorus was written by Richard fortus which he said during a QnA

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Agreed on all points Chinese with Josh is now my favorite version of that song. I'm still not a CITR fan, but I dig this version more than any version I've heard. I also think this is my favorite version of The Blues, Pitmans synths are awesome. 

I'd love it if HS and Atlas were on the next album. Also, lol @ next album... 

Pittman’s synths were always there for the most part but just buried in the mix.

First thing I did with the Rock Band stems was remove all of the main guitars. The songs still breathe for the most part at their core (similarly to these leaks) and you get some of that 99-01 feel. There’s just too much happening on top of it and the guitar tones themselves have so much gain and are now meant to be main focal points to the songs. Thing is those songs didn’t need that. That’s not to take away from the guitar work on the official release either. It’s phenomenal in its own right. Too many layers and too many overdubs done 6 yrs later after the fact 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, guitarpatch said:

Pittman’s synths were always there for the most part but just buried in the mix.

First thing I did with the Rock Band stems was remove all of the main guitars. The songs still breathe for the most part at their core (similarly to these leaks) and you get some of that 99-01 feel. There’s just too much happening on top of it and the guitar tones themselves have so much gain and are now meant to be main focal points to the songs. Thing is those songs didn’t need that. That’s not to take away from the guitar work on the official release either. It’s phenomenal in its own right. Too many layers and too many overdubs done 6 yrs later after the fact 

For sure. I did something similar with the stems and there's just so much buried in the final mixes. I know the synths were there, I just couldn't find a good balance for them in my mix. They're mixed really well on this version IMO. 

Hope there were no casualties here after Axl woke up to shoot a bootlegger.  :lol:

I hope TB is watching these threads to see there's a lot of interest in hearing these songs.  Open the vault, put them out there even as just a bandcamp download and make some money on them.