2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

2 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Hope there were no casualties here after Axl woke up to shoot a bootlegger.  :lol:

I hope TB is watching these threads to see there's a lot of interest in hearing these songs.  Open the vault, put them out there even as just a bandcamp download and make some money on them.

For the record, TB absolutely monitors this board closely. I'm not sure why though as they really couldn't care less about the fans or what the fans want. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

For sure. I did something similar with the stems and there's just so much buried in the final mixes. I know the synths were there, I just couldn't find a good balance for them in my mix. They're mixed really well on this version IMO. 

Yeah kind of get the feeling that the 99-01 version was going to lean on layer of effects and go for something sonically. Then when it was given to the label they must have gotten a sense that “these songs need a Slash. GNR is a guitar band, etc...”

So they went out and grabbed Bucket and made it a monster guitar header attack of a band. Instead of stripping everything back and starting completely over, they just added on top. At that point, just scrap Pittman’s work and bring him out on the road to fill things out. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Hope there were no casualties here after Axl woke up to shoot a bootlegger.  :lol:

I hope TB is watching these threads to see there's a lot of interest in hearing these songs.  Open the vault, put them out there even as just a bandcamp download and make some money on them.

Even if they wanted to do that, UMG would have to agree to release it...They’re operating under a record contract from the 90’s in 2019. That’s the main issue I see from afar with stuff like this. 

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

For the record, TB absolutely monitors this board closely. I'm not sure why though as they really couldn't care less about the fans or what the fans want. 

I think they do this, so they can give us anything but not the things that we want.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

I think they do this, so they can give us anything but not the things that we want.

Treat em mean, keep em keen. I think that's Team Brazils motto when it comes to the fans.

And lets face it, we're all suckers for it.

Edited by Towelie

40 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Agreed on all points Chinese with Josh is now my favorite version of that song. I'm still not a CITR fan, but I dig this version more than any version I've heard. I also think this is my favorite version of The Blues, Pitmans synths are awesome. 

I'd love it if HS and Atlas were on the next album. Also, lol @ next album... 

I think if we don't have a new album in the next 12 months, my hair will fall out...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Towelie said:

Treat em mean, keep em keen. I think that's Team Brazils motto when it comes to the fans.

And lets face it, we're all suckers for it.

You get a sense that they sort of despise this sector of the fanbase. I get it in some fashion. We’re nuts. We’re annoyingly loud at times and take up a small fraction of what puts buts in seats. 

However, this is the sector that buys crazy stuff, will follow anything new they want to do, and will champion on their behalf if given the go ahead. If they sincerely want to move forward with new material and keep playing big venues, eventually they will need fans like us out there shouting from rooftops. 

They should be looking to grow this sector and more importantly nurture it. Then maybe perhaps you’d have better control over its behavior. This goes way beyond just releasing new music. That’s what happens when fans see things as a mutually beneficial relationship. It does happen elsewhere at big levels 

47 minutes ago, gnrjanus said:

I think better is from 2004/2006 sessions.  The chorus was written by Richard fortus which he said during a QnA

The bulk of the song could easily be from 2000~ though. And since it seems like Bucket recorded most of his stuff before 2002 I think it's entirely possible that 3 Dollar Pyramid is quite similar instrumentally to what we heard later as Better. But obviously, it's just speculation and we won't know until we hear it.

Edited by Gordon Comstock

13 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Even if they wanted to do that, UMG would have to agree to release it...They’re operating under a record contract from the 90’s in 2019. That’s the main issue I see from afar with stuff like this. 

What do you mean...operating under a record contract from the '90s?

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The bulk of the song could easily be from 2000~ though. And since it seems like Bucket recorded most of his stuff before 2002 I think it's entirely possible that 3 Dollar Pyramid is quite similar instrumentally to what he heard later as Better. But obviously, it's just speculation and we won't know until we hear it.

I hear better was a instrumental as far back as 1998 but was forgotten about them when fortus came in he must have had a interest in the old instrumental then the rest came together

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Edward Nygma said:

What do you mean...operating under a record contract from the '90s?

They’re still under a contract that originates from the 90’s. So when it comes to releasing music, there are advance structures that are in place with when fans actually bought music. There’s a process outlined how music is submitted for release and what constitutes a label accepting it. They pretty much need lawyers to negotiate anything at this point. It’s a little more complicated than just throwing something up on Spotify like many artists can do today. It comes down to $ and both parties want their share 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

You get a sense that they sort of despise this sector of the fanbase. I get it in some fashion. We’re nuts. We’re annoyingly loud at times and take up a small fraction of what puts buts in seats. 

However, this is the sector that buys crazy stuff, will follow anything new they want to do, and will champion on their behalf if given the go ahead. If they sincerely want to move forward with new material and keep playing big venues, eventually they will need fans like us out there shouting from rooftops. 

They should be looking to grow this sector and more importantly nurture it. Then maybe perhaps you’d have better control over its behavior. This goes way beyond just releasing new music. That’s what happens when fans see things as a mutually beneficial relationship. It does happen elsewhere at big levels 

You overestimate our importance.   We're what....a few thousand people?  And only a handful of us bothered to buy that overpriced box of shit, too.

We're nothing....we would barely fill up a section of a concert hall.  They wouldn't give a shit if everyone reading this right now never spent another dime.  They have millions of soccer moms and old men around the world that will pay money just to hear AFD live over and over again, and buy shirts and keychains and onesies for their stupid kids.  They don't need us and they don't need to release new music.  They're raking in the cash just fine.

• Like 2

Just now, estrangedtwat said:

You overestimate our importance.   We're what....a few thousand people?  And only a handful of us bothered to buy that overpriced box of shit, too.

We're nothing....we would barely fill up a section of a concert hall.  They wouldn't give a shit if everyone reading this right now never spent another dime.  They have millions of soccer moms and old men around the world that will pay money just to hear AFD live over and over again, and buy shirts and keychains and onesies for their stupid kids.  They don't need us and they don't need to release new music.  They're raking in the cash just fine.

Which is why they should be focused on growing this sector. That’s how you sell 10,000 box sets 

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

@ZoSoRoseand I had an argument over the phone the other night about this. He thinks it's real and I don't.

I don't have a lot of justification. I just don't think it's real for some reason. 

For the record, I would love it it was real. 

I'm serious. I don't get how people are still being fooled by it. 

I don't think the box is real either one person claimed to have contacted the website and they had no knowledge of it.

What I am wondering is how much of the tracklist was also fake.

Wasn't the tracklist just translated from the fake box set pictures.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Declan Burke 1994 said:

I hear better was a instrumental as far back as 1998 but was forgotten about them when fortus came in he must have had a interest in the old instrumental then the rest came together

I dont think so. When Axl introduced Better back in 2006 in the Hammerstein gigs, he said something like "when Robin came out with this song, it was clear that it should be called Better". Or something like that. Sounds like when Robin brought it to the table, Axl soon showed interest.

26 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I dont think so. When Axl introduced Better back in 2006 in the Hammerstein gigs, he said something like "when Robin came out with this song, it was clear that it should be called Better". Or something like that. Sounds like when Robin brought it to the table, Axl soon showed interest.

Dave Dominguez was a engineer on Chinese democracy he was there from January 98 to August 98 and he said better was a instrumental

• GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, Declan Burke 1994 said:

Dave Dominguez was a engineer on Chinese democracy he was there from January 98 to August 98 and he said better was a instrumental

Didnt know that. What more did he say?
I believe Axl recorded the main verses of Better later indeed, but maybe he showed interest even as an instrumental piece?

19 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Didnt know that. What more did he say?
I believe Axl recorded the main verses of Better later indeed, but maybe he showed interest even as an instrumental piece?

He was asked a question of anything he worked that was on Chinese democracy he said he remembered better but at that time it was just a instrumental 

I think one of the problems with releasing new Guns N Roses material is that the band did not release many albums to begin with.

I think this makes it important that each release has to be amazing, anything else will just water down the bands legacy.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Declan Burke 1994 said:

He was asked a question of anything he worked that was on Chinese democracy he said he remembered better but at that time it was just a instrumental 

Thanks. I think this came from the GNR Central interview, right? https://gnrcentral.com/2019/01/19/guns-n-roses-central-interview-chinese-democracy-engineer-interview-dave-dominguez/

I can see this being something worked on for years. Robin brought it in 1998, but it was nothing more than the verses chord progression and maybe the main riff. Then in 2002, when Richard came on board, he added the small bridge and chorus. That was when Bucket also worked on his lead guitar. But then Axl only went back to record his vocals by 2003/04.

• GNFNR 1