2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Right on, thanks. That's what I was thinking but I lose track of all this shit so easily lol. 

Well damn... It's cool to know (hope, I guess) that sooner than later we could be listening to what should have been the 99 album. 

Based on the recent demos alone, I'm convinced the record would have had a much bigger impact if it had been released way earlier in that form. 

But this isn't the real 1999 version. We do have some things from the Sean Beaven era in those leaks, but the 1999 album has no Buckethead at all. With that, we would have a different tracklist, without Sorry and Shacklers, at least. I presume Atlas would be a given, but what else? Oklahoma? Quick Song or whatever? 

4 hours ago, zombux said:

yes. that opening Chinese Democracy riff is very similar to the leaked one, I noticed that. the promo version is of course cleaner and adjusted, but the riff sounds the same to me.

Didnt check the riff, but one thing: The Blues is different, there's an outro solo in that promo clip. This was absent in the live version during the European tour in 2002, and then added in the NA Tour. Since they had both Buckethead and Richard Fortus back then, and Fortus played the solo live, I guess that snippet is Richard's take on the solo - later replaced by Buckethead, as we could hear in the 2007/08 leaks and the the official release.

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah Bumble does all the lead guitar parts on the final version of CITR.

Not all. He plays all the solos, but there's some leads in the chorus played by Robin.

Can you guys please stop giving the time of day to obvious attention whores? Literally nothing stopping any jackass from making a mysterious username and spamming GNR boards/subreddits with bullshit information. This is "my uncle works at Nintendo" levels of nonsense.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

13 hours ago, vloors said:

Translation may not be great but this article advises the followup to chinese democracy was to be a album called PRL so I highly doubt its a instrumental.

If someone could translate it better than google translate please go ahead.

Axl told the fans questions by the pool. And he said that in China Dem one song is dedicated to J. Lennon and one is about child abuse. 

And then he said that: 
 - the second GNR album is to be called "PRL" (the author of the article gave a question mark after the title, no matter if he heard it right) 

30j016t.jpg

4v3h9x.jpg

18 fucking years ago Axl was talking about The General being on CD1 and CD 2 being called PRL. 

And now he's nearly 60 and doesn't stand much chance of doing justice to any of this shit live. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

But this isn't the real 1999 version. We do have some things from the Sean Beaven era in those leaks, but the 1999 album has no Buckethead at all. With that, we would have a different tracklist, without Sorry and Shacklers, at least. I presume Atlas would be a given, but what else? Oklahoma? Quick Song or whatever?

I still think Sorry, at least instrumentally, dates back to 1999. When Brain talks about re-recording Josh's parts he's mentioned "7-minute songs with drum solos at the end", Sorry is over 6 mins so not hard to believe he's talking about Sorry IMO.

As for the other songs, I'd guess Atlas, Perhaps (the 3rd Brian May song), Oh My God, and Silkworms were all possibilities for the album.

9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Do what you want to of course but just so you know, the same attention seeker has pulled the "midnight" thing twice in the past week, including last night. Nothing happened the previous two times, so it stands to reason nothing will happen from him in the future. 

Gotta have something to keep interest in following the band, Fernando's toy trucks aren't doing it for me.  :P

There seemed to be a much more cohesive idea behind what Axl wanted out of the Chinese sessions between 1999-2001, but with the years passing and budget being blown due to overthinking it, it likely killed the passion behind the project and we got the best of the bunch with the push of Dr. Pepper.  The 1999 mixes are fun to listen to, the title track in particular, they're just very skeletal and not ready for the final album.

18 minutes ago, Amir said:

Can you guys please stop giving the time of day to obvious attention whores? Literally nothing stopping any jackass from making a mysterious username and spamming GNR boards/subreddits with bullshit information. This is "my uncle works at Nintendo" levels of nonsense.

This. 

So much this. 

Literally anyone can just make up things, especially with so many different channels to follow up all of this crap lately..

For example (and this is totally hypocritical of course...) someone could use trustworthy usernames for gnrevolution, then just create an account on some chat room or other forums claiming to be that trusted name. 

Then they could bait everyone continually with promises of leaks at midnight, only to follow through with various versions of Rick Rolls. 

Again, that's totally hypothetical, but that's an idea of something sad that could happen if a bunch of people gave one person a bunch of attention. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gavgnr said:

Good point. Any idea what’s happening next in this saga buddy? Atlas?

I’d highly assume that everything will be leaking regardless of what management is trying to do behind the scenes. Everything is out there at this point and it’s just a matter of time. The things is, this material wasn’t stolen. It was acquired legally so I’d be interested to read whatever cease and desist letters have gone out. 🤷🏻‍♂️

14 hours ago, vloors said:

Translation may not be great but this article advises the followup to chinese democracy was to be a album called PRL so I highly doubt its a instrumental.

If someone could translate it better than google translate please go ahead.

...and gave some details of about the new album: He has 36 songs practically finished (one dedicated to John Lennon, another about child abuse), and there is a possibility that the album be double  (like UYI). One would be called Chinese Democracy and the other PRL

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Well damn... It's cool to know (hope, I guess) that sooner than later we could be listening to what should have been the 99 album. 

56 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Yes this is interesting. I don't think we are yet to "1999" of the album.

Marc Canter always said Axl was flexible on track list so some songs were likely replaced as the years got on

I am also interested in 1998 album which I believe didn't have Axl vocals.

Is there versions of these songs from Billy Howerdel in 1997? If so it would be great to have those too.

9 minutes ago, Gnrfan2001 said:

Marc Canter always said Axl was flexible on track list so some songs were likely replaced as the years got on

Is there versions of these songs from Billy Howerdel in 1997? If so it would be great to have those too.

I have a feeling those would sound pretty barebones like Prostitute v2 from the recent batch of leaks. Sounds like it took at least until '99 for the songs to really take form beyond a bunch of ideas.

• GNFNR 1

58 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I still think Sorry, at least instrumentally, dates back to 1999. When Brain talks about re-recording Josh's parts he's mentioned "7-minute songs with drum solos at the end", Sorry is over 6 mins so not hard to believe he's talking about Sorry IMO.

As for the other songs, I'd guess Atlas, Perhaps (the 3rd Brian May song), Oh My God, and Silkworms were all possibilities for the album.

Sorry is a Buckethead/Brain/Scaturro song. It couldn't be before 2000, as he joined the band sometime after '99 Christimas: http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=3410 

You're right, if Perhaps is the other Brian May song, it could indeed be in the 1999 tracklist. I don't know about OMG, tho. It's weird how its not on any of those discs.

11 minutes ago, Gnrfan2001 said:

From 1997? Hard to say. I guess OMG and Madagascar are in some shape from this era.

3 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

From 1997? Hard to say. I guess OMG and Madagascar are in some shape from this era.

I think Madagascar came about in '98 since Youth is credited with "initial arrangement suggestions" and he came on board that year. Also sounds like Prostitute came about around that time and Axl finally started laying down vocals before firing Youth: http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=3397

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Amir said:

Can we please have a giant blood red letter overlay on MyGNR that says:

- The General is not Jackie Chan/Checkmate/Hard School

- There is only a shitty cell phone recording of The General + the (impressive) evader Remix, there are no other leaks

Don't forget:

- If you have found a "new leak", it is definitely Stephen Chesney/Chad Atkins

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, rebeldhipi said:

Yeah. The leaks are from 2000 so its what the album would have sounded in 2000. Not 1999.

See the difference on the old Catcher and TWAT leaks (from 1999 leaked in 2006)

Old IRS leak and the new one from last week seems to be the same.

Guess they didn’t feel the need to add anything to that song over the course of that year (1999-2000, I mean).

45 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

Don't forget:

- If you have found a "new leak", it is definitely Stephen Chesney/Chad Atkins

My favorite is when someone posts it, I remove the post and send them a PM explaining why they're post was removed, they read it, then post the same thing again. 

That's the highlight of each and every day for me lol

27 minutes ago, Amir said:

Are the sirens quieter in this IRS demo than the one we had before with sirens or is it just me?

I actually need to dig further into the latest IRS leak. I heard it a few times but haven't really dug in to notice all the biggest differences between the album version and the latest leak. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Amir said:

I think Madagascar came about in '98 since Youth is credited with "initial arrangement suggestions" and he came on board that year. Also sounds like Prostitute came about around that time and Axl finally started laying down vocals before firing Youth: http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=3397

You're right, I was actually reading the 1997 stuff and somehow mistook Moby and Youth's work.

About IRS "sirenes", that's just a guitar feedback. The recording itself seems identical to the 2006 leak to me. 

4 hours ago, SeBaZ said:

...and gave some details of about the new album: He has 36 songs practically finished (one dedicated to John Lennon, another about child abuse), and there is a possibility that the album be double  (like UYI). One would be called Chinese Democracy and the other PRL

Really want to hear that PRL song now. Especially if its good enough for a album title track.