2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

1 hour ago, Gackt said:

Spent a little time revisiting the older leaks this morning; it actually made me give a new fondness to Ashba's instrumentals.  :lol:

This is probably biased of me, but I just can't take the names of those tracks. Mi Amour and Ballad of Death are just wayyyyy too cheesy and cliché for me.

I do remember liking one better than the other when they used to play them live though. I just can't get past the names overall though. 

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

This is probably biased of me, but I just can't take the names of those tracks. Mi Amour and Ballad of Death are just wayyyyy too cheesy and cliché for me.

I do remember liking one better than the other when they used to play them live though. I just can't get past the names overall though. 

What about La Bella Vita? Is that also a stupid name in your opinion? Not trying to sound like a dick, just genuinely curious.

6 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

It wasn't a drum machine loop? And it definitely isn't a 'ska section' either (as I've seen suprisingly many people refer to it) - it's a disco beat/guitar riff, just like on the released version.

It is. The leaked OMG is a VERY rough mix that is nowhere near finished. Comments to the contrary are just about personal preference with regards to it being more stripped-down (nothing wrong with that btw). Axl himself said it was a re-record that wasn't taken too seriously.

Thanks

43 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

The title track for CD was ready in '99. They really shouldn't have added all that extra stuff 

I'm still on Cloud 9 listening to the 10 tracks that leaked. Mostly because they were spared all the needless bombast that 7 additional years of tinkering did to them. I love the simple intro to Chinese. 

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

2 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

I'm still on Cloud 9 listening to the 10 tracks that leaked. Mostly because they were spared all the needless bombast that 7 additional years of tinkering did to them. I love the simple intro to Chinese. 

Same here. Not a big fan of Pitman but that little synth part before the verse was cool. The bass-only verse fit really well with that late 90s/early 2000s rock sound as well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Same here. Not a big fan of Pitman but that little synth part before the verse was cool. The bass-only verse fit really well with that late 90s/early 2000s rock sound as well.

Pitman has some nice moments on these leaks, I have to admit! He's got interesting stuff going on in CD and I love what he's doing in the last minute or so of The Blues (it reminds me of the synth loops in those early-mid 90's west coast rap songs)

3 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Pitman has some nice moments on these leaks, I have to admit! He's got interesting stuff going on in CD and I love what he's doing in the last minute or so of The Blues (it reminds me of the synth loops in those early-mid 90's west coast rap songs)

Agreed, I've been really digging what he's doing on these versions. In fact Pitman as an individual didn't get annoying for me until the 2011-14 era. He would get super annoying when he was fucked up, and it happened a lot. But then again, there's not much that didn't annoy me about that era. 

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Agreed, I've been really digging what he's doing on these versions. In fact Pitman as an individual didn't get annoying for me until the 2011-14 era. He would get super annoying when he was fucked up, and it happened a lot. But then again, there's not much that didn't annoy me about that era. 

Pitman is a great guy and very talented, maybe he was too rock and roll for this current lineup. But his work on CD tracks is awesome, i hope everything leaks in full so we can apreciate the album we deserve it. Im already remaking my own CD. Jackie Chan is 1st Track followed by CD Josh version.

Edited by Russel Nash

36 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

Pitman is a great guy and very talented, maybe he was too rock and roll for this current lineup. But his work on CD tracks is awesome, i hope everything leaks in full so we can apreciate the album we deserve it. Im already remaking my own CD. Jackie Chan is 1st Track followed by CD Josh version.

I never in my life thought I would see someone describe Chris Pitman as "too rock n' roll" for anything. :lol:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, sofine11 said:

There were 11 tracks that leaked... CD '99, CD '00?, Prostitute '99 x 2, CITR '99, Riad '99, TWAT '99, IRS '99, Going Down '99, The Blues '99, and Jackie Chain.

But yea, CD '99, CITR, Going Down and Jackie Chan are all awesome.

Just now, nycgunner said:

Have any music journalists picked up this story?  Surprised given Hard School is the first new Axl song in 11 years. 

No one cares. Now if 20 unreleased songs leaked? Yeah that’s news worthy. Question if people actually go through the trouble of downloading. Everyone is on to streaming and that stuff won’t hit YouTube