2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

1 hour ago, Gunner927 said:

I never in my life thought I would see someone describe Chris Pitman as "too rock n' roll" for anything. :lol:

Common, this version of GNR wake ups at 7 in the morning to do Yoga. I bet Pitman brought booze and shit to the rehearsals and boom. Pitman was coolest cat in that lineup. He rocked a fucking towel man.. A TOWEL.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

There were 11 tracks that leaked... CD '99, CD '00?, Prostitute '99 x 2, CITR '99, Riad '99, TWAT '99, IRS '99, Going Down '99, The Blues '99, and Jackie Chain.

But yea, CD '99, CITR, Going Down and Jackie Chan are all awesome.

I believe there are a few corrections. Riad and Hard School have Bucket, so it's a 2000 or later version. TWAT has that weird shitty Axl guitar, which I strongly believe it was more lika placeholder for Buckethead (so, 2000 or later). The Blues - are we sure the studio version was always the slow tempo one? Or was it slower after the 2001 gigs? And CITR is slightly different from the 1999 leak we all have, so it may be from another timeframe.

1 hour ago, nycgunner said:

Have any music journalists picked up this story?  Surprised given Hard School is the first new Axl song in 11 years. 

Didnt see anything. But I do believe it's because it didnt came into their attention yet. There's already tons of websites posting about the Terminator rumor, I don't see why a leak wouldn't have the same attention from the Press. 

Edited by Voodoochild
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Voodoochild said:

I believe there are a few corrections. Riad and Hard School have Bucket, so it's a 2000 or later version. TWAT has that weird shitty Axl guitar, which I strongly believe it was more lika placeholder for Buckethead (so, 2000 or later). The Blues - are we sure the studio version was always the slow tempo one? Or was it slower after the 2001 gigs? And CITR is slightly different from the 1999 leak we all have, so it may be from another timeframe.

If we go by the photos of the discs then Riad and Hardschool are from November 2000. CITR is from March 2000, though rumour has it that the "slight differences" in this version were added from the multitracks to make this a "new" or "special" version and increase its value somehow.... lol.

But to be fair, I count anything that Josh plays on as a '99 demo, as there's a very good chance that the bulk of the song is from '99 with some new Buckethead parts. Kinda like how Silkworms and OMG aren't "2006 demos" but the Bumblefoot guitar parts are from 2006.

13 minutes ago, bdinan said:

If you think ticket sales were great with the reunion of Slash and Duff, wait until they bring back Pitman. It will be the hottest ticket around. NOT IN THIS MOTHERFUCKING GOOSE TOUR. 

The last time i saw that lineup(2010)i had a fucking great time. Then i saw GNR in 2016 and did nothing for me.

I don't fucking care about ticket sales, they are already rich. Bring the new music and it better be good, cos i don't know about you but this is my only lifetime, if i die and come back it will be in form of some squirrel or shit like that.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Just now, Russel Nash said:

The last time i saw that lineup(2010)i had a fucking great time. Then i saw GNR in 2016 and did nothing for me.

I don't fucking care about ticket sales, they are already rich. Bring the new music and it better be good, cos i don't know about you but this is my only lifetime, if i die and come back it will be in form of some squirrel or shit like that.

I honestly think the only chance we have of getting another 2010-level tour from Axl is if it's in support of new material. That doesn't mean chainsaw rasp every night, it means consistently great shows with a varying setlist and lots of new songs that Axl is enthused about. He clearly could not give less of a fuck about singing Sweet Child O' Mine every night, but he sounded good on almost everything that he hadn't sung a thousand times before this tour even started: I Feel Good, Wichita Lineman, SOYL, Big Shot, ACDC, etc.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

CITR is from March 2000, though rumour has it that the "slight differences" in this version were added from the multitracks to make this a "new" or "special" version and increase its value somehow.... lol.

I know, but that's not true. It's just because people thought one particular guitar was Bumblefoot, but it's not. Most likely, it's Robin. The multitracks alone couldn't be used that much without any impact on the instrumental overall. In the demo it's clear how it even has tiny bits of Robin's lead going on seamlessly with this "new" guitar. The Rock Band multitracks don't have that. Also, even if you paste anything on the original demo, it would still have the original instrumental behind it. 

12 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I honestly think the only chance we have of getting another 2010-level tour from Axl is if it's in support of new material. That doesn't mean chainsaw rasp every night, it means consistently great shows with a varying setlist and lots of new songs that Axl is enthused about. He clearly could not give less of a fuck about singing Sweet Child O' Mine every night, but he sounded good on almost everything that he hadn't sung a thousand times before this tour even started: I Feel Good, Wichita Lineman, SOYL, Big Shot, ACDC, etc.

Axl sounds good when he cares

2006/07 = Thinking the album was coming, on cocaine

2010 = Supporting the album

2016 = First reunion tour/ACDC

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • GNFNR 3

55 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

Truth be told, I had a better time on the 2006 tour than the NITL tour. The novelty of NITL wore off quick for me. It's not organic. 

2006 was awesome; Axl was vocally on point most nights. I saw all four Hammerstein shows, and they were outstanding. I met Ron Thal a few times, and the guy is a gem of a human being. I saw him shortly thereafter at one of his solo shows in Brooklyn; I will forever be a fan of his. 

'06 was peak for me. Not being old enough to have seen the appetite/UYI tours. The band looked cool, sounded tight. Don't get me wrong - I love Bucket, but the whole everyone wearing a different Halloween costume era didn't really do it for me. They looked and sounded like a legit band in '06.

36 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

He was vocally outstanding in '06. I remember him coming out at Hammerstein not knowing where that power was coming from.

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Yeah, I think it was McBob that said the AC/DC was the most Axl ever prepared for anything in his life. It showed. I fully believe that if Axl truly went balls out to prepare for a tour and really cared still, he could at the very least achieve AXL/DC level consistency.

He just doesn't have any real incentive to continuously do so for NITL.

13 minutes ago, Gunner927 said:

Yeah, I think it was McBob that said the AC/DC was the most Axl ever prepared for anything in his life. It showed. I fully believe that if Axl truly went balls out to prepare for a tour and really cared still, he could at the very least achieve AXL/DC level consistency.

I was 100% happy with his GNR singing in 2016. He never reached that level for a show since

• Like 2

this is not from me, I was on my way to youtube and ended up on 4chan, I got lost. I don't know if it was already mention here

"tom zutaut teamed up with robert to sell the songs to levi. then robert decided to sell the songs to rick dunsford, who teamed up with walker alford and other investors to buy them. rick dunsford then sent the songs to mister saint laurent. after all this, rick is in all kinds of legal trouble, also rick has been in talks with the former gnr synth player about getting even more tracks. shit is crazy"

2 hours ago, Gunner927 said:

i think the NITL just went for to long and just sapped his enthusiasm after a while. T

1 hour ago, lame ass security said:

Yeah, not buying the blow theory.  It is common knowledge that Axl has said it puts his voice out of commission. 

agree and this was as far back as 87 when guns was touring with motley that axl started to learn this.