2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

We're proudly the last place someone should look for links to leaks, but we're always the place where the best and most discussions happen :)

Edit- for the record, there's absolutely nothing circulating anywhere that's not being discussed openly here. 

ok. so it's just a coincidence imsorry makes a drums down atlas? when my source tells me there's 4 atlas versions. one is the original demo with no changes to it. the second is one called drums up. that has slightly altered drums. but basically the same as original demo. the third is actually called drums down. just like the imsorry fan mix you can hear the vocals a lot clearer on it. the fourth is a atlas demo with extra guitar parts. so far the first 2 atlas demos have come out. if the imsorry is not the same drums down as the drums down demo then there is still 2 atlas demos from the locker to come out. you're saying the other 2 haven't leaked yet? we're not missing anything because mygnr is on the case?

22 minutes ago, axlfans said:

ok. so it's just a coincidence imsorry makes a drums down atlas? when my source tells me there's 4 atlas versions. one is the original demo with no changes to it. the second is one called drums up. that has slightly altered drums. but basically the same as original demo. the third is actually called drums down. just like the imsorry fan mix you can hear the vocals a lot clearer on it. the fourth is a atlas demo with extra guitar parts. so far the first 2 atlas demos have come out. if the imsorry is not the same drums down as the drums down demo then there is still 2 atlas demos from the locker to come out. you're saying the other 2 haven't leaked yet? we're not missing anything because mygnr is on the case?

I'm not sure what your point is....? There's a ton of misinformation out there currently due to that discord chat. Your source is most likely someone who's repeating a claim someone else made. Who knows how much validity there is to any of the claims. 

We're not involved with the leaks in any way, so we're not "on the case". We are not and never will be a source for distribution of leaks. We are and will continue to be the most popular place on the internet to discuss Guns N' Roses. 

The moment something really is leaked and starts making the rounds, discussion immediately kicks up here. The leaks themselves don't happen here mostly because none of us want to end up in jail. However, the most discussion certainly does occur here once things circulate. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

11 minutes ago, axlfans said:

your source is wrong and there are 5 Atlas versions in this lot: 1) Rough Mixes CD1 (2000), 2) Rough Mixes 6/2001, 3) Atlas Shrugged disc with 3 versions (regular, drums up, drums down).

imsorry made his own remix using the regular version and called it drums down because that's what he tried to do. you don't miss anything at the moment. there are still 3 versions to come out, and 2 of them will be different than the recently leaked 2 (which are more or less the same, that "drums up" is barely noticeable)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, axljungle said:

I feel the same with Scraped, here I'm the only person who like it. This song is one that allways heard when I'm doing workout (and now hard school is other).

I like Scraped too, especially the fan-edit that used the drum intro of the live performances. And I love Bucket's outro. 

• Like 1

Since the leaks came out, I haven't listened to anything else.

My take is this:

- Paul is a much better musician than anyone ever gave him credit for. All the negative comments from ex-members were just because of personal issues.

- Robin (sadly) in my opinion is a much worse musician then anyone gave him credit for. Those solos hurt my ears.

- Like someone previously mentioned, these sound... like a band playing.

- It's hard to be a Guns N' Roses fan

- Never go on Reddit again, and the guy who claims to know stuff there is probably taking a cheap course in creative writing

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FuriousStyles said:

LOL...

All these years, I just wanted the CD era to end and wanted the AFD5 to reunite.

Now.... all I want are '99 era mixed songs on a reissued Chinese Democracy release!!!

Time is a flat circle; NITL has overstayed its welcome, it's time for the Big Guns to get back in the line-up and this iconic look to return.  :axl:

Axl2002.jpg

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, bassplayer1993 said:

Since the leaks came out, I haven't listened to anything else.

My take is this:

- Paul is a much better musician than anyone ever gave him credit for. All the negative comments from ex-members were just because of personal issues.

- Robin (sadly) in my opinion is a much worse musician then anyone gave him credit for. Those solos hurt my ears.

- Like someone previously mentioned, these sound... like a band playing.

- It's hard to be a Guns N' Roses fan

- Never go on Reddit again, and the guy who claims to know stuff there is probably taking a cheap course in creative writing

I love Robin's style, I enjoy his solos & Love his lead work ... He isn't the greatest ever, but I feel like he was a great fit for the ChiDem sound

• GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, FuriousStyles said:

LOL...

All these years, I just wanted the CD era to end and wanted the AFD5 to reunite.

Now.... all I want are '99 era mixed songs on a reissued Chinese Democracy release!!!

giphy.gif

That's not a bad idea.  10 yr anneriversy remaster of CD, 3 discs, with the 1999/2000 version, and bonus disc of unheard/live stuff.  That way, Axl makes money, stops leakers.

Edited by jimisbatman
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

He could have pulled the rug from under the leakers and horders with a release which was genuinely exciting and well put together. What an imbecile haha.

To quote Fernando,
Toy trucks!!!! They are bad ass man!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 07/09/2019 at 10:55 AM, papashaun said:

I might be in the minority...but after a few listens, I'm not overly impressed with the Hard School or Atlas Shrugged leaks. I can see whey each may not have been included on CD, but I don't think they are any worse than a few tracks that made the album cut....with that said....

Does anyone else think that the leak of "Going Down" a few years back was a better song overall than both of these leaks? I know Tommy had lead vocals and Axl sang backup on the chorus, but to me, that was a better track overall.

Hardschool I don't know but Atlas was finished... The version we got was just a demo, I do believe that wouldnt sound a lot different than we have now, if it was released but I bet would be cooler

I remember there was a interview/chat with Seb and Axl where Seb said he doesn’t like studio tech where you just end up sounding far too perfect. Axl countered that he like some of the tech developments  to push things to the max.

Id imagine on Angel Down there’s only a gentle auto-tune on it (if you are unfamiliar with Autotune/Melodyne you basically can dial up or down the fixing it does. The auto tune “effect” (IE Believe by Cher) is where you tell it to correct everything that’s not a note - think a keyboard where it can only play separate notes (and sometimes engineers genuinely play the vocal melody on a keyboard and snap it to it) versus a violin where you can slide between notes and play everything in between) - but pretty much everything recorded over the last 20/25 years has some level of vocal tuning on it.

A lot of the 99 leaks sound like they are quite heavily processed by tuning and in some places especially when Axl picks up the vocal pace it’s too much and produces those robotic artefacts. Normally you’d go back once you’d finished all the takes and tweak those points to stop it happening but to my ear these songs have the vocal tuning working quite hard and hasn’t been tweaked to fit the song. One side effect of this is sometimes the robotic sound of the voice and a general loss vocal clarity (it’s harder to pick out the lyrics)

EDIT: That was meant to be a reply a post but I obviously wasn’t at the end of the thread - wasn’t meant to be that random.

Edited by life_247
Context

54 minutes ago, TeeJay410 said:

I'm seeing it around spoken as understood fact that Slash and Duff re-recorded parts for Atlas and quick song, but what is the source for that?

Most of what I would refer to as "unfounded rumors" are all coming from a discord chat room where at least two well known banned users from here are pretty much making up whatever they want. Then other people post it as fact here and elsewhere. 

There have been a few guesses that have true over the years, so that's probably the reason people keep hoping some of this recent stuff is true. 

Overall, there's really nothing solid that I'm aware of outside of a few things we do know for sure. For example, we do know that Slash recorded in the studio for GNR as recently as a few weeks ago. It stands to reason that they will be re working some of the Chinese Leftovers for whatever GNR releases next. I would imagine our "insider friends" are probably just throwing song titles out there in an attempt to have guessed right if/when new GNR songs are officially released. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yep.

Radiohead found themselves in a situation recently where someone was trying to sell a bunch of demos from OK Computer. Their immediate reaction was to gather up the best sounding versions of the same material and release it online for an extremely reasonable price. 

The hoarder(s) got fucked. The fans got "new-ish" tracks to listen to. The band made a little unexpected money. Win, win, win. Right? 

I will always remain stunned and sadly amazed thag things can't go that way in GNR-land. Instead of things happening like the Radiohead situation, we have to deal with bullshit like this locker thing. Then we have to wait around while everyone (the hoarders) attempt to make every penny they can off of someone else's work,fucking over the fans and the band in the process. 

Things could be SO much better and different for GNR fans if the organization wasn't run the way it is. I realize that starts from the top down, so I'm throwing Axl right in there with everyone else who's responsible for such a mess. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5699300

• Thanks 1