2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

2 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

I'm thinking someone in the GNR team possibly Axl is leaking these, like people have said after 20 years were finally hearing these tracks, weeks away from when the tour starts back up, rumors of a new song in a movie, rumors of an EP this year, shit doesnt add up...

Well whatever secret plan they have to drub up publicity isn't working since no one outside of the fan forums gives a shit about any of these leaks

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Well whatever secret plan they have to drub up publicity isn't working since no one outside of the fan forums gives a shit about any of these leaks

Well maybe they want the true fans to like the material so we actually start really respecting them again since hopefully Axl knows we dont give 2 fucks about toy trucks n laundry bags.

4 hours ago, charliehoodger said:

So I know this might be a controversial opinion but I was listening to the THIS I LOVE REMIX  and IF THE WORLD REMIX with my blutooth headphones on high volume and I absolutely love these versions. Axl vocals on this is love are so great. 

I like both of them too, when I made my version of cd like the poster above I had both remixes in there instead of album versions or the old If the world leak.

33 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

I'm thinking someone in the GNR team possibly Axl is leaking these, like people have said after 20 years were finally hearing these tracks, weeks away from when the tour starts back up, rumors of a new song in a movie, rumors of an EP this year, shit doesnt add up...

Ventura.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, RussTCB said:

I was telling my wife today that absolutely no rock press has picked up on these leaks. 

My wife, who is actually a GNR fan, said "it's because nobody gives a shit". 

That shit almost made me lose my breath lol

You mean it’s not the most important thing in the world for everybody?? :lol:

Where were these leaks three years ago when you stood to make some actual money eh, Russ? Although I’m not sure it would’ve counted seeing as the band haven’t officially released it.

Now sort your missus out and scrub her mouth out with soapy water! The day the follow up to CD is announced will easily be the most important day in modern history since Neil Armstrong’s first step on the moon. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I was telling my wife today that absolutely no rock press has picked up on these leaks. 

My wife, who is actually a GNR fan, said "it's because nobody gives a shit". 

That shit almost made me lose my breath lol

Your wife is right!! Sadly Guns n' Roses is no relevant anymore. Yes the tour was a success but it was the nostalgia. The lack of releasing music made GnR irrelevant.

Edited by cpaxlvacy
  • GNFNR 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Towelie said:

You mean it’s not the most important thing in the world for everybody?? :lol:

Where were these leaks three years ago when you stood to make some actual money eh, Russ? Although I’m not sure it would’ve counted seeing as the band haven’t officially released it.

Now sort your missus out and scrub her mouth out with soapy water! The day the follow up to CD is announced will easily be the most important day in modern history since Neil Armstrong’s first step on the moon. 

For the record, I still would've paid you. The only way I would've considered myself a winner of that bet was if they officially released a brand new track. For example, I wouldn’t have argued that I won if they'd released Shadow Of Your Love that year. 

12 minutes ago, cpaxlvacy said:

Your wife is right!! Sadly Guns n' Roses is no relevant anymore. Yes the tour was a success but it was the nostalgia. The lack of releasing music made GnR irrelevant.

So true and so sad. Someone should do a case study on how incredibly devalued the brand has become. If Axl wasn't so litigation-happy, it would make for a hell of a Netflix doc. Not like the history of the brand, but actually a history of the devaluing of the brand itself. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

So true and so sad. Someone should do a case study on how incredibly devalued the brand has become. If Axl wasn't so litigation-happy, it would make for a hell of a Netflix doc. Not like the history of the brand, but actually a history of the devaluing of the brand itself. 

"Coming this Fall, a four-part Netflix documentary, featuring over 6 hours of footage of people progressively giving less and less of a shit about Guns N' Roses"

• Haha 4

People cared about the leaks in 2006 because the album which then was still shrouded in mystery hadn’t come out yet and it was the worlds fist real glimpse as to what it would sound like.

After the shitshow that was the albums 2008 release that had the commercial impact of a silent fart based on Axl and the labels hands off approach, why should anyone in the media care about leaks from   that era? And 11 years after said release. Of course they don’t care.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Draguns said:

I'm skeptical about all of this. Think about it. These songs were locked away for 18-19 years. Now in 2019, they get leaked. I'm not buying it. I'm thinking this was done on purpose to see what the interests are in Hard School and Atlas. I think one of them will be reworked and be in the Terminator movie. Hard School is definitely something that Slash would probably be interested in since it does have a You Could Be Mine feel to it. 

If TB is behind the leaks, does that mean it's open season on leaks?

• Like 1

You're right. Now that I think of it, the only 'confirmation' was Walker himself saying on MSL's discord that this was, indeed, Fernando.

Damn.

I gotta say, though, his rant at the poor fella who complained about the stupid toy trucks seemed genuine, but I guess any old GNR fan can by now do a passable impression of angry Axl.

Still, there are also enough pictures of Rick at GNR's backstage. Even pictures with Beta. It doesn't add up.

Edited by ManetsBR

49 minutes ago, cpaxlvacy said:

GNR haven't been culturally or musically relevant since the early 90s.  That's not a knock, but acknowledging that most bands don't remain relevant for more than a few years.  The fact GNR were relevant for 4 or 5 years is a testament to their music and presence in the late 80s and early 90s scene.

Releasing CD earlier wouldn't have changed anything.  Mainstream culture had moved on from GNR by the late 90s.  Boy bands, hip hop, and terrible nu-metal bands were all the rage by that point.  Several of the songs from CD are as good as anything GNR had released, but it likely wouldn't have received the same reception as the Illusion albums did a decade earlier.  The relevancy of a band is often tied to the critical and commercial success of their last album.  Any band that takes more than five years to release a new album will lose traction and fall out of people's focus.  

7 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

If TB is behind the leaks, does that mean it's open season on leaks?

TB is not behind the leaks and no, it's not open season for unreleased copyrighted materials.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, downzy said:

Any band that takes more than five years to release a new album will lose traction and fall out of people's focus.  

Tool’s new record that just dropped a week ago was their first in 13 years and went straight to number one on the US main charts, even knocking out Taylor Swift, of all people. I went to my local record store today to get it and couldn’t find it so I walked up to the cash register lady and was like “where’s the new tool record?” And she chuckled and was like “you’re a little late. That album sold out the day after we put it on the shelves.”

im not saying you’re wrong, by the way, cause nine out of ten times what you’re saying is 100% correct. I just felt the need to point out that Tool just became an exception to this rule.