2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

What i've downloaded was corrupt. Or maybe the link was removed while i was downloading, or it could be fake. But there's listed as a real leak on "leaks" section at the discord group, so i can't tell you what's going on untill i know for sure guys. 

At this point, i believe it is happening, but who knows?

2 minutes ago, fernomenoyde said:

What i've downloaded was corrupt. Or maybe the link was removed while i was downloading, or it could be fake. But there's listed as a real leak on "leaks" section at the discord group, so i can't tell you what's going on untill i know for sure guys. 

At this point, i believe it is happening, but who knows?

All 16 discs?

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

Why would Ritz88 be part of this round of leaks? Didn’t we get those pro shots when mtv, gee I don’t know, broadcasted it in 1988?! Is this different angles or some shit? HD?

Might have just been lumped in or in an existing folder I guess?

3 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

A bunch of people I trusted in the GN'R fan community just lost a lot of my respect... Sad actually.

It really is a giant bummer, isn't it? 

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I blame no one except Axl for letting this type of atmosphere to form. If he actually released music this would never happen. 

Couldn't agree more. 

2 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

WHY? On a week day. Have they nothing better to do? Seriously, what's the point?!?!

"They Have Nothing Better To Do" could be the title of an encyclopedias worth of info about these trolls. 

• Like 4

I got sent a clip that was fake :( It turned out to be a Call of Duty instrumental with a backwards Axl scream. And also that pic was from Rick’s PC and like 2 months old :( I think they tried to pass that as Atlas last year too

We just got played, hard. Sucks to go through this kind of stuff when your favorite band doesn’t want to release new music

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Thanks 1

Thinking about not going to the show I already bought a ticket for honestly.

If it's a completely different set, I'll make the drive. If not, I have Ghost and Badflower lined up for next month anyways, so I have that to be excited about

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

Agreed! Basically one of the few trustworthy sources on these forums.  Thank you Russ!

I appreciate the kind words but I'm just trying to do what's right. 

Not sure why a bunch of people would get together with the specific purpose of fooling a bunch of fans, but haven't GNR fans been through enough without this shit? 

• Like 1

GNR Discord is a toxic place to be honest

Discord in general can be awful, what happened to the good old days of IRC?  :P

Maybe if the band had real management that had a clue, they would know how to turn a giant fucking pile of lemons into at least some half-baked lemonade.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

GNR Discord is a toxic place to be honest

1 minute ago, Gackt said:

Maybe if the band had real management that had a clue, they would know how to turn a giant fucking pile of lemons into at least some half-baked lemonade.

For the record, I have nothing against the guy who started the whole discord thing. I think he had great intentions, but it's just out of control now. It reminds me of when UK Subs took over mygnr and unbanned everyone. 

It took us forever to weed out all of the trolls and attention seekers again. Seems to me that is the struggle going on with discord now. 

All I know is that I do my best to separate the BS from fact that comes out of there if/when I can. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Maybe the reason we haven't gotten anything out of those lemons is because Fernando is frantically trying to figure out how to bake lemonade.

Edited by Azifwekare
  • Haha 1

Loving 'Atlas Shrugged' right now. That keyboard/drum intro is great as is the sudden change in the second verse (1:29 - It gives the verse a real kick). I've enjoyed all the Chinese Democracy outtakes so far and feel as if they're there or thereabouts the same standard as those included on the released album, albeit less refined. Here's how I'd rank them at the moment:

1. Oh My God
  2. Atlas Shrugged
  3. Going Down
  4. Hard School/Silkworms

This is not to say I don't rate 'Hard School' or 'Silkworms' as I think they're both very much release worthy. I think 'The General' has a lot of potential from that 2 minute clip that's been leaked but I'll refrain from including it until I hear it in full.

It's a shame more definitive facts haven't been unveiled about the stuff what has leaked so far. It'd be very interesting to know what version of tracks I'm listening to and what's what from Zutaut's CD's (I'm assuming it's coming from them).

21 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Not only Bucket. That's clearly two lead guitars, Bucket and Robin. It's a mess, but not unlike the ending of TWAT.

I would like to know where exactly you think Axl sounds autotuned in those demos. I can hear a lot of filters (like this abrasive envelope used in Madagascar), but those are intentional, not just "artefacts" or leftovers from the autotune reconstruction. 

Its most obvious on Hard School on that first verse the "every chance that was given" is quite obvious as Axl changes vocal pitch quite a lot (Correctly, its just quite a change of notes for normal mortals!). You have to kind of know what your listening for but if you listen to it the vocals there sound almost "synth" like. Its due to the Auto-Tuning being set to attack too quickly and at that point its changing pitch quite a lot. Also judging by the era of these songs Auto-Tune was very new so it could also be some in-experience of the engineers part, whereas now people are lot more comfortable using it. Also back then I'm not 100% sure you could of used it "live", you might of had to feed it for offline processing.

Its set at a pretty decent level for the chorus, to me from the "rough mixes" angle its just been set to work by an engineer as something sensible over the whole song and given a mix. Possibly even with the view to return and do some over-dubs in places but just lets the auto-tune fix it for now to listen back to.