2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

16 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

It's really all they have left that they (the hoarders) perceive to have value. 

They're holding on to things that literally no one cares about; the VMA rehearsals being the last of it. Even this latest round of "19 CDs" really doesn't have that much value because there's such a small amount of songs with vocals and we've already heard 3 of them in full. 

LOL, I love that line! Sharing the music might hurt the band, but charging fans for leaks somehow doesn't hurt the band... 

Yeah I wonder, out of the 24 “new” songs on those discs we have yet to hear, how many have vocals and how many are just instrumentals? ARF4L originally said there were like 16 unheard songs with vocals but now others who allegedly have the discs are saying it’s a lot less than that.

4 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah I wonder, out of the 24 “new” songs on those discs we have yet to hear, how many have vocals and how many are just instrumentals? ARF4L originally said there were like 16 unheard songs with vocals but now others who allegedly have the discs are saying it’s a lot less than that.

The number of songs with vocals is now down to something super low, like 7 (I think). Of which, we've already heard 3 in full. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Even this latest round of "19 CDs" really doesn't have that much value because there's such a small amount of songs with vocals and we've already heard 3 of them in full. 

Be that as it may, to me personally they hold a LOT of value. I'd really love to hear the whole set. It'd be a fascinating look into what was going on and it does seem like a creative period for GnR. But still, that's emotional value and not monetary value. I'll be damned before I pay some moneygrabbing miserable sack of shit with no life hoarder so he can get rich off of music he has nothing to do with. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

That’s an irritating way of skewing the statistic imo. By that logic we can say the whole fucking collection of 19 discs is “songs we haven’t heard before.”

in a bit flexible way and kind of extreme interpretation - yes, as you said :) 

1 hour ago, Azifwekare said:

I'm really suprised the VMA rehearsal is still being hoarded after all these years. What do they expect to get out of it? It's the kind of thing you'd watch once then forget about until you find it on a hard drive years later. It's not like they tried out an unheard song or anything.

Maybe it's the mystique of it all at the time that raised the value.  :P

Live shows/rehearsals don't excite me at all when it comes to leaks, but I'd love to see the pro-shot of the 2016 Troubadour show come out someday to hear and see it in good quality.

Axl quote from January 2006:

https://web.archive.org/web/20060208021431/http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/9155514/axl_rose_breaks_his_silence/

After all, before he lends his talents to others' projects, Rose has one of his own to finish, and he says it's getting there. "We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done," he says. Of those, thirteen are slated for the final album. Among Rose's favorites are "Better," "There Was a Time" and "The Blues."

So we can narrow down the 26 "nearly done" tracks from 2006 to songs confirmed with vocals that were either officially released or leaked as demos:

Atlas Shrugged (demo)

Better

Catcher in the Rye

Chinese Democracy

Going Down (demo)

Hard School (demo)

If the World

I.R.S.

Madagascar

Oh My God

Prostitute

Riad N' the Bedouins 

Scraped

Shackler's Revenge

Silkworms (demo)

Sorry

State of Grace (demo)

Street of Dreams

The General (fan recording)

There Was a Time

This I Love

That's 21 - so by my count there's 5 songs left that have vocals

I highly doubt Axl was writing any new lyrics after 2001

Edited by TheSeeker
  • Like 2

Just now, TheSeeker said:

Down By the Ocean *probably* has lyrics since Izzy wrote it, but who knows

I was really debating DBTO for that exact reason, but figured Axl probably never did anything in the studio with it himself.  :P  I went with Quick Song for #5 because of it supposedly being a pure rock track.

7 minutes ago, surforia said:

Pretty sure The General was written and recorded by then, as well.

It seems the vast majority of the Brain/Bucket penned tracks like this were recorded in 2000 & 2001. Marco Beltrami added orchestration to Seven, The General & Leave Me Alone/Soul Monster in mid 2002 before the tour, but the core tracks had been recorded by then obviously.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lio said:

I wonder what's Axl's been doing all those years if 26 songs were as good as finished 13 years ago, and written almost 20 years ago.

I’d guess it has more to do with label politics. It’s not that the label/GNR wouldn’t have liked to release the follow up. The question was probably at what cost? The numbers that were being thrown around prob didn’t make sense for either side 

12 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

It seems the vast majority of the Brain/Bucket penned tracks like this were recorded in 2000 & 2001. Marco Beltrami added orchestration to Seven, The General & Leave Me Alone/Soul Monster in mid 2002 before the tour, but the core tracks had been recorded by then obviously.

Seven should be pretty exciting when that eventually shows up:
ITS AN TIMELESS BALLAD WITH A BLOW YOUR FACE OFF CHORUS AND A SUCK YOUR BALL SACK BRIDGE!!!!! (Brain Mantia, Appetite for Discussion, Aug. 18, 2010)

• Like 1

all my files are tagged inside with *A Week Or So*  i 've done that for over a decade NEVER passed my mixes as official and never will not my fault if ppl retagged and pass it different.also all my tracks are labeled guns_n_roses-track_name

Edited by imsorry