ATLAS SHRUGGED - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

1 hour ago, jacdaniel said:

I think that people have been waiting on these songs for so long that they’re going to convince themselves they like it, regardless of the actual quality of the songs. 

This is a super annoying take. So because you don't like it, others must like it only because the mystique surrounding the songs. :rolleyes:

I'm also not really understanding the complaints about a lack of poppy chorus. GNR have always been about the one-of-a-kind vocals from Axl, the guitars, and the codas. People bitched about "Chinese Democracy" not having a proper chorus too, and that songs slaps so goddamn hard. 

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 2
  • Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Axl: I also have a kick ass rocker Slash: Is it about me? Axl:...

I cannot wait for Soul Monster to leak so I can spend a disproportionate amount of time arguing with it.

In other words we can conclude it is entirely safe to leak. Let me repeat: IT IS ENTIRELY SAFE TO LEAK.

6 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Soooo what are the other alleged unheard tracks from this cache? Oklahoma & Quick Song? Think Leave Me Alone aka Me & My Elvis aka Soul Monster was on that list too.

I don't want to sound greedy, but still...

I don't think Oklahoma or Me & My Elvis have vocals on these demo CDs.

• Sad 1
5 minutes ago, Caedo said:

Gotta be honest I'm slightly surprised that this was the song they nearly included on the album. Even from hearing the rubbish quality clip of The General, surely it's got more going for it. Or Hard School even. 

Scraped made the album

They were going for quantity, not quality

Unless Axl has some dumb attachment to Scraped we're unaware of and he just had to put it on the disc

1 minute ago, axljungle said:

You've heard it? Is good, bad, bizarre...?

P.S.: From a banned fan from gnrtruth

"Atlas Shrugged" is clearly in rough demo shape, at least the version that leaked. 

Yeah, it's choppy. It features abrupt melody changes. And some repeated lyrics that were maybe "placeholders." It also cuts off and changes melodies in parts where you'd maybe expect a guitar solo or grand GNR-style coda.

Very good lyrics. I love the synth intro (Stranger Things would be jealous) and how it still plays for a spell under the bombastic drums and guitars that come thundering in. I like Axl's vocals on it a lot. 

People are being hyper critical of a demo v1 of a song and comparing it to studio releases from GNR. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Creed said:

how can you loose your ability to write hit singles? its like Axl didnt know that a song needs a chorus here.

Their environment has changed. He is not longer that white boy in the jungle. He is no longer hungry to conquer the world (maybe yes, but not with the passion that you have when you are an adolescent). When you write songs, you write about your life, your experiences, your situation. He is in the confort zone now, like many other artist who lost that spark. Did Izzywrite any song catchy like the ones he wrote for gnr? Slash? Did Roger Waters write any great song like the ones he wrote for Pink Floyd?
Also remember, AFD was written by a band, not by Axl all alone. Maybe you can write the greatest lyrics, but you need a melody, a riff, and the most important, that chemistry with the other band members.

4 minutes ago, Gnrfan2001 said:

I thought Rick said there were 14+ with vocals? 

Idk, I can't follow this all either, but it seems there are three* version of Atlas, so maybe the total of 14 (because I heard that too) counts multiple takes/mixes of the same song?  

*I have ZERO idea if this is true, this is just what I've heard repeated multiple times from people who allegedly have the songs.

Edited by DeadSlash
1 hour ago, TheSeeker said:

Scraped made the album

They were going for quantity, not quality

Unless Axl has some dumb attachment to Scraped we're unaware of and he just had to put it on the disc

I think we got the album we did because of the leaks in '06. If you think about it, most of the songs on CD leaked and all of those leaked tracks ended up on the album. Then the ones that didn't leak (Sorry, TIL, etc.) filled out the rest. I feel like if the tracks in '06 never leaked, we'd have gotten a better album.

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
1 minute ago, Mangler said:

Oh yeah? Today? What's up next?

Probably another mix of Atlas, if there really are 3.  I guess we know for a fact that there are at least 2 because of missing parts from leaks to the full song we have.  With the song leaked, there cannot be too much value in hoarding different takes.

2 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I think we got the album we did because of the leaks in '06. If you think about it, most of the songs on CD leaked and all of those leaked tracks ended up on the album. Then the ones that didn't leak (Sorry, TIL, etc.) filled out the rest. I feel like if the tracks in '06 never leaked, we'd have gotten a better album.

The 2006 leaks were farther along and supposedly those demos were submitted to the label post-2002

So those actually were the direction they were headed song-wise anyway

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, TheSeeker said:

Really fucking weird that Axl didn't lay down vocals for "Oklahoma" by 2000 since he said he came up with that song in 1995

Maybe he never wrote lyrics and it's just him noodling on guitar?

That song is apparently about Erin, right? Maybe it was too hard for him to record without getting too emotional or some shit. Probably needed many years to feel ready to emotionally tackle that one, like TIL.

10 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

Multiple people with the files have confirmed. Also, more leaks are on the way! 

Great. Let's hope soon is the word!

9 minutes ago, DeadSlash said:

Idk, I can't follow this all either, but it seems there are three* version of Atlas, so maybe the total of 14 (because I heard that too) counts multiple takes/mixes of the same song?  

*I have ZERO idea if this is true, this is just what I've heard repeated multiple times from people who allegedly have the songs.

Here's the post I'm referencing.

I don't know though.

If anyone knows definitively, I'm incorrect please let me know and I'll edit post. I don't want to spread misinformation.

• Like 1