ATLAS SHRUGGED - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

All over the place this song. I get what he was trying to do but I dont think its working it its current state.

I don't especially like Catcher and therefore can't warm to this either. Prefer Hard School. 

I really hope if the band do make some new music, this Atlas/Catcher style of cleaner singing is ditched. Lacks the punch that makes Axl such an iconic signer. 

The first version I heard was slightly bland and boring, second version I heard seemed a bit beefed up on the drums which ties in with some of the comments that there are a couple of different versions floating around. The heavier drums was more interesting IMO although clearly missing the final guitar parts so I imagine the end version would sound a bit different.

It makes sense based on the title that it would be paired with Catcher and have a similar sound and style

Cool track....reaches for similar airspace as The Blues, & Estranged.  Definitely can see a Bowie/Elton/Glitter Rock influence on this track.  Has potential with the right final mix but seems to be lacking somehow.  Was in a way similar to what I'd expected with this track.

Hard School>Atlas without a doubt.

23 minutes ago, Amir said:

Has any version leaked in full that had the additional guitar/synth parts from the 1:17 phone recording?

That's what I was wondering! Right before the cellphone clip cuts out, I swear I heard a lil guitar riff that sounded quite nice in that part of the song behind Axls vocals. Good catch with the synth, too. I didn't notice it. Headphones make it much more enjoyable and easier to spot the difference's. 

This drums up version is quite good!  I didn't even really care for the song at first, either. It really does grow on ya.

Particularly When Axl jumps into second part of the song at the 1:41 mark there is a pretty kick ass/kinda pretty synth thing going on that I really dig, and sounds wonderful as Axls singing the line "To be half as strong, to still belong". Man. What a difference this version and a few additional listens can make.

So it doesn't really sound as we, or at least I expected it to. But I say that's a good thing. We can't expect art to work around our expectations. Atlas drums up = 9 outta 10 for me. 

Edited by Estrangedfx

7 hours ago, Estrangedfx said:

That's what I was wondering! Right before the cellphone clip cuts out, I swear I heard a lil guitar riff that sounded quite nice in that part of the song behind Axls vocals. Good catch with the synth, too. I didn't notice it. Headphones make it much more enjoyable and easier to spot the difference's. 

This drums up version is quite good!  I didn't even really care for the song at first, either. It really does grow on ya.

Particularly When Axl jumps into second part of the song at the 1:41 mark there is a pretty kick ass/kinda pretty synth thing going on that I really dig, and sounds wonderful as Axls singing the line "To be half as strong, to still belong". Man. What a difference this version and a few additional listens can make.

So it doesn't really sound as we, or at least I expected it to. But I say that's a good thing. We can't expect art to work around our expectations. Atlas drums up = 9 outta 10 for me. 

This is most likely from the rough mixes cd, this version has not leaked apart from cell phone snippet.