ATLAS SHRUGGED - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Axl: I also have a kick ass rocker Slash: Is it about me? Axl:...

I cannot wait for Soul Monster to leak so I can spend a disproportionate amount of time arguing with it.

In other words we can conclude it is entirely safe to leak. Let me repeat: IT IS ENTIRELY SAFE TO LEAK.

Im fucking loving this track!! The first 1+ minute is awesome (even if it all reminds me of other songs). The music feels like liberation and that serves the lyrics well. Im glad the lyrics arent really based on the novel of the same name - although it wouldve been funny because some of the "no political axl lyrics" people are right leaning and so is the book.

The solo is still melting me. On AFD they used some octave spliters on riffs. Its a cool and natural progression to hear some of that on a lead. I can only think of Estranged as having harmony leads, but it wasnt an octave split effect.

And the arrangement is really cool, especially imho from the perspective of the vocal melody. The arrangement gives the impression of having been 're-chorded' and Axl navigates these tensions with ease. Im impressed.

Edited by soon
12 minutes ago, MrMojo said:

If Scraped sounded like the live 2010 version it would be on another level.

Prague 2010 is the gold standard for that, even got the yowling at the opening sounding right. Good luck finding it again though after the YouTube copyright holocaust.

4 minutes ago, Flayer said:

Prague 2010 is the gold standard for that, even got the yowling at the opening sounding right. Good luck finding it again though after the YouTube copyright holocaust.

That and Moscow. It has a really hard  rock/sleazy funk vibe to it.

4 hours ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

It worked for Pink Floyd. It worked for Van Halen. It worked for the Grateful Dead. I agree, Axl should’ve left and made a solo record while slash made his, and reconciled in the late 90s. 

Van Halen replaced the singer who actually sounded better than the original. They also made more radio hits. Additionally, you still had Alex and Eddie Van Halen.  For Pink Floyd it worked for awhile, but they never achieved the same status as they previously did. I don't know enough about the Grateful Dead. I wasn't a fan of theirs. 

Edited by Draguns

I'm I'll be the last to say that the song has no catchy hook in the chorus. However as a writer I fucking love it! Just like 'Prostitute' it speaks to me as a person in my early 30s which axl was in '99??? [Please fact check]

I have what was once known as Asperger's syndrome. That early leak of 'prostitute' really guided me through. 

I'm currently finishing study after a few years through open NIDA. We are currently working on a short film. I had an altercation when decisions were made about diverting the artistic direction to meet a deadline. 

• Like 3

All over the place this song. I get what he was trying to do but I dont think its working it its current state.

I don't especially like Catcher and therefore can't warm to this either. Prefer Hard School. 

I really hope if the band do make some new music, this Atlas/Catcher style of cleaner singing is ditched. Lacks the punch that makes Axl such an iconic signer. 

The first version I heard was slightly bland and boring, second version I heard seemed a bit beefed up on the drums which ties in with some of the comments that there are a couple of different versions floating around. The heavier drums was more interesting IMO although clearly missing the final guitar parts so I imagine the end version would sound a bit different.

It makes sense based on the title that it would be paired with Catcher and have a similar sound and style

Cool track....reaches for similar airspace as The Blues, & Estranged.  Definitely can see a Bowie/Elton/Glitter Rock influence on this track.  Has potential with the right final mix but seems to be lacking somehow.  Was in a way similar to what I'd expected with this track.

Hard School>Atlas without a doubt.

23 minutes ago, Amir said:

Has any version leaked in full that had the additional guitar/synth parts from the 1:17 phone recording?

That's what I was wondering! Right before the cellphone clip cuts out, I swear I heard a lil guitar riff that sounded quite nice in that part of the song behind Axls vocals. Good catch with the synth, too. I didn't notice it. Headphones make it much more enjoyable and easier to spot the difference's. 

This drums up version is quite good!  I didn't even really care for the song at first, either. It really does grow on ya.

Particularly When Axl jumps into second part of the song at the 1:41 mark there is a pretty kick ass/kinda pretty synth thing going on that I really dig, and sounds wonderful as Axls singing the line "To be half as strong, to still belong". Man. What a difference this version and a few additional listens can make.

So it doesn't really sound as we, or at least I expected it to. But I say that's a good thing. We can't expect art to work around our expectations. Atlas drums up = 9 outta 10 for me. 

Edited by Estrangedfx
  • Like 1