ATLAS SHRUGGED - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

37 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I really like it too. Overall I like HS and AS equally. 

Yeah, it's not something that would stick in the mainstream, but whatever, those of us who dug Chinese tend to like weirder more experimental music from Axl anyway so win win for us. Freese's drumming is amazing in this one.

And  Hardschool is just a rowdy little rocker that goes exactly the way I hoped it would after first hearing the clip years back. Heavy rasp from Axl, catchy chorus, what more could you ask?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Peffo said:

Yeah, this new version and a few listens really did the trick. I hope they record it properly.

Axl mentioned that they were still trying to get the mix right back during his 2008 chats, so I imagine the final version (if there ever is one) will be pretty different. For better or worse remains to be seen.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Azifwekare said:

The standard mix and drums up mix are from the CDs.

Drums down isn't from the CDs, because it's imsorry's mix (fanmade). The real one hasn't leaked.

The Atlas Shrugged CD from the locker contained 3 versions. Drums regular level, Drums up, and Drums down.

https://ibb.co/bK9Qcsr

Edited by RedHook

At first this one seemed kinda strange song to me but the more I have listened to it the more I'm liking it. The part which starts "I'll be the last to say..."  is probably my favorite part of the song (plus the melodic intro). The vocal melodies remind me of Catcher for instance. It could be interesting to hear a fully mixed & mastered version of this with Slash & Duff!

8 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

Here you go:

Starts at 1:11. 

Especially the melody of this part is clearly recognizable: 

When it sits wrong and the road gets rough
And you're the one
Whose shoulders just ain't wide enough
Whose shoulders shrug when they've had enough

Incredible. I wonder how many other "jams" and instrumental moments like that will end up being actual songs once all the material eventually leaks.