ATLAS SHRUGGED - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

1 hour ago, Inprovinoff said:

Such potential! I'm starting to wonder though if this is correct order of how the song is arranged. The edits are too crude to be professional and the way it jumps makes me think sections have been moved or removed prior to the leak. It wouldn't surprise me if the actual song, if ever released, is longer and there are missing parts are being withheld by the leakers.

I hear what you are saying, and feels a bit disjointed, but I still love it.  Then again, the beginning of Hardschool feels the same way.  This is the correct length according to the tracking listing photo that was leaked last week.   

Edited by jimisbatman

I didn't really have any expectations considering Atlas Shrugged, so now that I listen to it... I quite like it. Reminds me of Catcher in the way that this also has a 60/70 vibe to it. Love the baba o' riley type sounds. Much prefer the guitars on this one over Hard School. The drums are great too and the melody is very nice. The mix is of course very rough and sounds cut n pasted at some parts, but that shouldn't be surprising since these are all unfinished demos.

11 minutes ago, JimmyMick3 said:

Out of curiosity what don’t you like about it?

There's no melody in lyrics,no melodic chorus,just a backing track that Axl was forced to put lyrics on it

Nothing that can make me wanna listen to this song twice

just my personal taste.some may like it.i don't

The 20 years of waiting creates a myth about smth...then you listen to it...it's no good...just because it has axl on it doesn't make it a good song

• Like 4

Just now, jip said:

There's no melody in lyrics,no melodic chorus,just a backing track that Axl was forced to put lyrics on it

Nothing that can make me wanna listen to this song twice

just my personal taste.some may like it.i don't

The 20 years of waiting creates a myth about smth...then you listen to it...it's no good...just because it has axl on it doesn't make it a good song

Not criticising, was just curious. Personally I like it but it’s all down to personal preference. 

• Like 1

Just now, SoulMonster said:

Definitely about Slash.

yeah everything he has ever written is about slash

Even rock the rock and the Rapidfire tunes

Even cold hard cash

The asshole song

all of it...….

even the piano song about Dylan is about Slash or so I hear

1 minute ago, jip said:

There's no melody in lyrics

There is melody. But it's not the kind of poppish melody that grabs you right away. It's a bit more complex. That kind of melody that often requires multiple listens. So I don't think it would work as a single. But that's what I love about it cause nobody makes this kind of music anymore. Everybody makes pop music.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Definitely about Slash.

Original Title: Slash-Less Shrug :lol:

Overall, I like it a bunch. Would definitely love to hear it properly edited, mixed and mastered. It's got a cool laid back vibe, and I'm digging Axl's vocals a lot. 

It's not necessarily a great song but it is interesting, and as someone said earlier totally different vibe from the rest of Chinese Democracy. 

Still amazed that we finally got to hear it after all these years. 

Bloody epic that it's leaked but tbh I think it's just slightly underwhelming especially after the intro. Doesn't really get going and is nowhere near as catchy as Hard School, but it's still a catchy tune. I thought it would be a lot longer.

It does have a little bit of a Catcher vibe to me. 

Edited by Caedo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Creed said:

it doesn't fit for T6 at all :D

but it fits perfectly for Bill and Ted 3

I was thinking hardschool but just thought i'd throw that comment out there, haha.

I don't know what you mean by T6 as far as im concerned there are only 2 terminator films

2 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

CD 2 will be called "How to be man (and other illusions)" :lol:

it's becoming a bit of a theme aint it

I've probably listened to it 20 or so times now, and with a lot of polish and reworking, this could be a Fantastic song. I like the message, vocals, melody and guitar work. It just needs to be ironed out and reworked. I think cutting it down a bit, or alternatively spreading it out and making it more interesting, would do it a lot of favours. As of right now, it drags too much.