ATLAS SHRUGGED - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

1 hour ago, Lies They Tell said:

What do you mean it's not? It's always been the most hyped song of CD2. Already before we knew we had heard any parts of it. It's considered one of the A-listed songs, it's one of Sebastian Bach's favorites and he called it the heaviest metal tune that Axl has done, Dizzy has hyped it, etc... If there's a Holy Grain of CD2 songs, I think most people would agree that it's The General. Already before CD1 had been released, there were two songs that competed of the holy grail spot, one was Prostitute and the other one was The General. Marco Beltrami preferred Seven over The General though. :shrugs:

No it was The General that Baz said the highest, hardest, piercing screaming vocals Axl has ever done. Makes sense : child abuse. 

14 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I really can't see this being a full-fledged single unless it has been reworked into something like Estranged, with multiple solos and verses. But that would require a comprehensive reconstruction, so who knows. It would be cool to hear Slash and Duff on it though.

Well, they only had like... years and years to rework it lol.

Seriously... if any of these songs will be released in the future, they will probably sound very different. Or they will not be released at all.

5 minutes ago, Slave to the Dave said:

Sounds very much like Jeff Buckley to me......not a huge fan of Axl's voice on this one though, I prefer when he projects and has a more resonant warm tone

Perhaps the guitar tone and such sound like something off Buckleys "Grace", but... I love both GNR and Jeff Buckley but this song is by no means as good as anything off "Grace" . At least not this version of Atlas. A more properly mixed Atlas, reworked a bit, however, yes..  Could be wonderful. But to me, Catcher in the Rye is much, much better of a song overall. 

Edited by Estrangedfx

before everyone goes "BAH ITS BEEN TAMPERED WITH" because you can hear cuts posit this

its a rough mix. a producer probably took a longer recording and cut parts out (or the opposite, a shorter song and pasted a section) to fit the time constraints of a release CD. axl was probably going to re-record and possibly change lyrics.

if you take the silence out in the begining, its exactly 4:12 long.

Edited by dadud
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Estrangedfx said:

Perhaps the guitar tone and such sound like something off Buckleys "Grace", but... I love both GNR and Jeff Buckley but this song is by no means as good as anything off "Grace" . At least not this version of Atlas. A more properly mixed Atlas, reworked a bit, however, yes..  Could be wonderful. But to me, Catcher in the Rye is much, much better of a song overall. 

Catcher is certainly a very good song but for me it's unfortunately hard to listen to as I feel it's horribly over produced and I really dislike Axl's voice on that song.

After first lsten: I like the verses but am not crazy about the choruses and the whole melodic change. Nice guitar but almost no hint of raspy voice. So far, Hard School still does it for me, but I believe this one indeed might be a "grower". 

Edited by jamillos

8 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

Unreal to hear two new Axl/CD-era songs in the span of a week.  Glad this leaked overnight so I could grab it this morning before Team Brazil’s counsel wakes up 

I know, pretty wild right? Two new tracks and the version of the rest of the album we always wanted. :o

Nice to finally hear this. I’m a little underwhelmed. Doesn’t sound like “glam rock November Rain” like RTB described it as way back in 2002 or whenever the fuck that was. It’s good, but not great. It has potential. Maybe it’s been improved upon since this demo (which I’m assuming is from 2000). Brian May’s solo is awesome tho!

something is not adding up tho. Didn’t Bumblefoot say this song had to be cut from CD in 2008 due to being too long? It’s only 4 minutes long! How is that too long?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

Nice to finally hear this. I’m a little underwhelmed. Doesn’t sound like “glam rock November Rain” like RTB described it as way back in 2002 or whenever the fuck that was. It’s good, but not great. It has potential. Maybe it’s been improved upon since this demo (which I’m assuming is from 2000). Brian May’s solo is awesome tho!

something is not adding up tho. Didn’t Bumblefoot say this song had to be cut from CD in 2008 due to being too long? It’s only 4 minutes long! How is that too long?

If you don't have 4 minutes left on the disc, a 4 minute song is too long. Simple math.

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

I Ave a feeling final version is a fair bit longer 

• Like 1