Silkworms FULL LEAK Discussion **NO LINKS**7 Day Suspension For Asking For Links**

5 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

I'm not quite sure, does it make sense? It's definitely more subtle that those ones. The lyrics were way more crude and clunky after Back In Black and Bon's passing.

Thats where both of the greatest lyricist of all time stepped in. The poetical value of the lyrics rose drastically when Young brothers started writing them. 

*ekhem* Let's play ball ...

21 minutes ago, Kranich said:

Thats where both of the greatest lyricist of all time stepped in. The poetical value of the lyrics rose drastically when Young brothers started writing them. 

*ekhem* Let's play ball ...

It's clear Brian Johnson or the Young brothers couldn't come up with lyrics as good as those on Back In Black. Everytime Brian talks about Shoot To Thrill or Hells Bells, he always says he wrote them on the spot, to come up with those lyrics only one month after Bon's passing is miraculous to say the least. To say Brian wrote You Shook Me All Night Long because of the fast machine and motor clean lyrics is a lousy argument. Bon's lyrics were already finished before recordings. It makes sense they took his lyrics and made some arrangements.

If someone want to dispute this, show me in the Brian Johnson era any album that is consistently as good as Back In Black. Bon Scott knew how to write songs, he took the band to the next level and he never got credit for this album (or FTATR or TS).

• Like 3

I got the locker leaks last year, but is there a studio outtake of Silkworms with the "wah wah guitar solo " that comes after, what should I do with a bitch like you ?

Or are the live takes the only other version we have ?

Edited by merces

On 11/8/2020 at 11:51 AM, Silent Jay said:

It's clear Brian Johnson or the Young brothers couldn't come up with lyrics as good as those on Back In Black. Everytime Brian talks about Shoot To Thrill or Hells Bells, he always says he wrote them on the spot, to come up with those lyrics only one month after Bon's passing is miraculous to say the least. To say Brian wrote You Shook Me All Night Long because of the fast machine and motor clean lyrics is a lousy argument. Bon's lyrics were already finished before recordings. It makes sense they took his lyrics and made some arrangements.

If someone want to dispute this, show me in the Brian Johnson era any album that is consistently as good as Back In Black. Bon Scott knew how to write songs, he took the band to the next level and he never got credit for this album (or FTATR or TS).

I do remenber reading or hearing that Bons ex wife said as much. Bon had written all songs for the next album as the songs were in an exercise like book, so the album was basically written, until Bon got the go ahead from the young brothers that they  were ready to start on the album in the studio.

I have always wondered if Brian and the youngs wrote the songs of what was BIB, how the songwriting deteriorated to being a heatseeker and dont need a woman to hold me down.

On 11/7/2020 at 5:57 PM, Silent Jay said:

I still wonder what message Axl tried to convey with "Pussy full of maggots, isn't that absurd" also why would he say "Listen motherfuckers to this song that should be heard" when the song clearly didn't make the cut in the last album?

Pussy full of maggots is a great GNR line. 

On 11/8/2020 at 12:51 AM, Silent Jay said:

It's clear Brian Johnson or the Young brothers couldn't come up with lyrics as good as those on Back In Black. 

"Let me put my love into you babe, let me cut your cake with my knife".

AC/DC has ways been about innuendo. I think all that happened is they became old.

• 8 months later...
On 11/7/2020 at 3:16 PM, rumandraisin said:

I like it, it's just executed wrong. The 2006 version is better, with the heavy guitars. Harder to listen to as it's very badly mixed and obviously cut and pasted and looped in places, but style wise it's better. Some clever person needs to seperate the guitars and put them on the locker disc version. 

That would actually be pretty easy to do. IIRC, BBF’s guitar parts are all in their own channel on that leak. So it wouldn’t take much work to extract those and repurpose them in The Village version of Silkworms. 

Someone (not sure if he wishes to be named) made me a version of the locker leaks edition with the “what can I do?” and “Absurd!” choruses and a few added guitar parts, not the Bumblefoot 2006 ones unfortunately. Having both of those really fills out the song.

The 2006 Bumblefoot ones would have to be rearranged somewhat since they moved the verses around.

Edited by Flayer

On 11/7/2020 at 6:57 PM, Silent Jay said:

I still wonder what message Axl tried to convey with "Pussy full of maggots, isn't that absurd" also why would he say "Listen motherfuckers to this song that should be heard" when the song clearly didn't make the cut in the last album?

Because Izzy is no longer writing......

Edited by HollyWoodRose84
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Because Izzy is no longer writing......

Izzy has been a rich millionaire living in a mansion somewhere for the last 30 years of his life too. I doubt he has better songwriting these days than any of the other GNR guys. They're not the hungry gutter rats anymore.

Also they wrote Get In The Ring while Izzy was IN the band too, and they didn't need Izzy to write songs such as Locomotive or Civil War either, so that's not the problem. 

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Izzy has been a rich millionaire living in a mansion somewhere for the last 30 years of his life too. I doubt he has better songwriting these days than any of the other GNR guys. They're not the hungry gutter rats anymore.

Also they wrote Get In The Ring while Izzy was IN the band too, and they didn't need Izzy to write songs such as Locomotive or Civil War either, so that's not the problem. 

I’ll say it again.

it’s because Izzy is no longer there to help write. Facts are facts. Izzy was the heart and soul of that band and co-wrote a majority of their hits. I just listed to most of CD again today along with the locker leaks and Absurd. Hellen Keller could have seen that Izzy was sorely missed. 

1 hour ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

I’ll say it again.

it’s because Izzy is no longer there to help write. Facts are facts. Izzy was the heart and soul of that band and co-wrote a majority of their hits. I just listed to most of CD again today along with the locker leaks and Absurd. Hellen Keller could have seen that Izzy was sorely missed. 

Yes you are correct, if Izzy was frozen in time at 25 years old and placed in the world of 2021, and not an almost 60 year old Izzy who is writing lyrics like "Primitive Man". I'm criticizing that it's ridiculous that you are going by what Izzy created 30+ years ago, in his 20s, and think he can do that again in the world of 2021. He very well could be writing all kinds of YCBMs for GNR again, but everything points against that, NO artist from the 80s can do that anymore in 2021.

Tell me what artist who has been around 20-30 years releases shit that is not way worse than what they created in their prime? No one. That too, is a fact. Most artists have a golden period of 4-5 good albums worth of songs in them, where they write their best stuff. In 1995 he was already writing songs about getting his tooth pulled FFS. It's dumb to think he is going to write songs as good as he did back then 30 years later, having none of the circumstances or lifestyle he had back then when he created those. These days Slash Duff and Axl are just as good a songwriter as Izzy probably is, and I think all of them have written way better songs late in their career than Izzy.

And the CD argument got to be a joke that was a whole different band that wrote that music. How is that comparable? And your conclusion that the current band can't write a good song without Izzy because you heard 1 new song which was written by Dizzy and Chris Pitman is also ridiculous.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Yes you are correct, if Izzy was frozen in time at 25 years old and placed in the world of 2021, and not an almost 60 year old Izzy who is writing lyrics like "Primitive Man". I'm criticizing that it's ridiculous that you are going by what Izzy created 30+ years ago, in his 20s, and think he can do that again in the world of 2021. He very well could be writing all kinds of YCBMs for GNR again, but everything points against that, NO artist from the 80s can do that anymore in 2021.

Tell me what artist who has been around 20-30 years releases shit that is not way worse than what they created in their prime? No one. That too, is a fact. Most artists have a golden period of 4-5 good albums worth of songs in them, where they write their best stuff. In 1995 he was already writing songs about getting his tooth pulled FFS. It's dumb to think he is going to write songs as good as he did back then 30 years later, having none of the circumstances or lifestyle he had back then when he created those.

And the CD argument got to be a joke that was a whole different band that wrote that music. How is that comparable? And your conclusion that the current band can't write a good song without Izzy because you heard 1 new song which was written by Dizzy and Chris Pitman is also ridiculous.

Springsteen has consistently put out phenomenal material. Tool’s album was amazing, Megadeth, any NIN record I could keep going. I’m not bashing Axl’s efforts on CD. I actually like the album but it only has about 5 songs that I would consider “great.”  I’d bet a lot of money that if Axl and Izzy wrote material that has Slash and Duff playing on it, it would sound way better than all of CD. Not even Frank’s drumming could screw it up. 

24 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Springsteen has consistently put out phenomenal material. Tool’s album was amazing, Megadeth, any NIN record I could keep going. I’m not bashing Axl’s efforts on CD. I actually like the album but it only has about 5 songs that I would consider “great.”  I’d bet a lot of money that if Axl and Izzy wrote material that has Slash and Duff playing on it, it would sound way better than all of CD. Not even Frank’s drumming could screw it up. 

I would rather listen to CDII with Slash & Duff than a microwaved, AfD sound. 

Edited by Sosso

What is a great song nowadays? There are just to many asshole critics out there these days. GNR will never return to their glory days. Appetite or Back in Black would be passed over like they were nothing now if they were released today. Times they are a changing. I'm an old man, I miss my cd stores. Fuck you world! I'd  stream it all away if I  could get a f@cking signal!

56 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

This

Repost from another thread:

If they were to write all new songs from scratch (my ideal scenario, preferably an acoustic album - and the CD era material with the original musicians in a box set), I agree that they would need Izzy. Not because Axl, Slash and Duff are incapable of writing something good on their own (songs on UYI prove that they are capable - or at least were then), but because Izzy's presence would make it all simpler, as he has the ability come up with basic song structures for the others to build on.

But since, as it seems, it will be mostly CD era material, it doesn't make a difference.