State of Grace [10 second leak] **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

4 minutes ago, Amir said:

Yeah, I think the first time I heard that was with a demo version of The Unforgiven II and I started laughing :P

Frayed Ends Of Sanity for me - it’s a laugh. But - it does show that it’s worthwhile as it ended up being the phrasing they DID use once the lyrics were done.

Amazing tune. 👍

23 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

The vocals are phoned in, but sound awesome nevertheless. Hopefully we get more soon.

Some people leak clips to 'advertise' them to others for sale or trading purposes. The point is pretty moot here though, as SOG is allegedly circulating among some hands.

I guess what I don't get is why distort the clip?  If I was trying to sell a leak, I would want it to sound perfect.  I fully understand that this happens, I just don't get the logic.  It's like selling your car and fucking up the image so people can't get a good look at it, or making a profile on Plenty of Fish and only showing a picture of you that is 70 feet away.... who looks at that and thinks "Oh, shit, I bet they are hot as fuck up close!"

I mean, I'm not a part of the shady world of leaks, but it would seem like you would be proving you had a quality audio copy would work better.  It's just weird.  If someone was trying to sell me the song based on a low quality clip, I wouldn't give them shit.  "Sir, would you be interested in a dozen of my fresh peaches? Here is a rotten one to sample!"  The whole fucking premise is so weird.

11 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

Is anyone saying that it's a real song though? I though that the general consensus was that it's more of an idea of a song. In other words it's not even half complete. Every song has to start from something and these are the first steps of a GNR song. These are all very rough demos and this is the roughest one so far.

People are very clearly saying that it is a real, complete song.  It's real lyrics, and a real song.  If I read correctly, the clip was a heavier part and most of the song is slower.  Anyway, I've seen multiple people who are familiar with the contents of the locker CDs confirm this is 100% GnR and 100% an actual song.  Hopefully it will just leak soon so we can hear it.  My guess is it will.  (100% conjecture on my part) I get the feeling that too many people have hands on that it's all going to leak soon, so the hoarders can sell now, or have paid for songs everyone has.  I get very anxious thinking about leaks, and I'm not very anxious now, I feel like we're going to get it all soon, and we can argue about what is good/bad vs. what is real/fake.

Fingers crossed.

7 minutes ago, DeadSlash said:

I guess what I don't get is why distort the clip?  If I was trying to sell a leak, I would want it to sound perfect.  I fully understand that this happens, I just don't get the logic.  It's like selling your car and fucking up the image so people can't get a good look at it, or making a profile on Plenty of Fish and only showing a picture of you that is 70 feet away.... who looks at that and thinks "Oh, shit, I bet they are hot as fuck up close!"

I mean, I'm not a part of the shady world of leaks, but it would seem like you would be proving you had a quality audio copy would work better.  It's just weird.  If someone was trying to sell me the song based on a low quality clip, I wouldn't give them shit.  "Sir, would you be interested in a dozen of my fresh peaches? Here is a rotten one to sample!"  The whole fucking premise is so weird.

Think of it as a watermark.

If someone sends you a clip like that in a trade, and then sends a slightly defferent version to someone else and one of them leaks then the person sending those clips knows who is going to be careful. and who is going to leak something.

Also when these people leak something the value of that song is gone, watermarking it but keeping the pure version for themselves is a way to keep some value to the song.

Same idea with bit rate.

I assume.

11 minutes ago, DeadSlash said:

People are very clearly saying that it is a real, complete song.  It's real lyrics, and a real song.  If I read correctly, the clip was a heavier part and most of the song is slower.  Anyway, I've seen multiple people who are familiar with the contents of the locker CDs confirm this is 100% GnR and 100% an actual song.  Hopefully it will just leak soon so we can hear it.  My guess is it will.  (100% conjecture on my part) I get the feeling that too many people have hands on that it's all going to leak soon, so the hoarders can sell now, or have paid for songs everyone has.  I get very anxious thinking about leaks, and I'm not very anxious now, I feel like we're going to get it all soon, and we can argue about what is good/bad vs. what is real/fake.

Fingers crossed.

Well I do believe that it's real in the sense that it is made by GNR and I do believe that it's complete in the sense that it has a beginning and an end.

But it's clearly not complete in the sense that it'd be even close to something releasable. All you need are ears to realize that. Axl's just mumbling something as placeholder lyrics there.

Unless Axl was way ahead of his time and this is actually a mumble rap song before there was mumble rap, this song isn't even half complete.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

Well I do believe that it's real in the sense that it is made by GNR and I do believe that it's complete in the sense that it has a beginning and an end.

But it's clearly not complete in the sense that it'd be even close to something releasable. All you need are ears to realize that. Axl's just mumbling something as placeholder lyrics there.

Unless Axl was way ahead of his time and this is actually a mumble rap song before there was mumble rap, this song isn't even half complete.

Mumble rap :headbang:

Only among GNR fans it is possible. People are uploading mp3 192kbps in 2019! People are cutting and manipulating music. All to maintain this mood of speculative mystery, when it is known that these songs exist in high quality. Other band's audiences treat demo tapes as demo tape, outtake as outtake, rehearsal tape as rehearsal tape and make them available at the highest quality, it's a matter of respect for the band's history. But we are listening to songs in very poor-quality files. The industrial music scene must be an example of right treat of bootlegs and unofficial stuff.

Edited by Burroughs
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Azifwekare said:

This song sucks, so I've made a new version with le champion Chris Jericho singing about a little bit of the bubbly over the top. Much better. I'm gonna trade it for The General.

Thank you, Jericho.

bout time he got his thank you.