Chinese Democracy - Oldest fake leak

Hey there, not sure if this is the right place, but only for pure nostalgia to myself, can anyone remember the very first (or at least i think it is) fake leak of the song "chinese democracy"? I think the lyric started with "black skies..." or something. cant remember too much. It was similar to axls voice at first but it was 100% fake.

Any name of the song or band is enough. Thanks beforehand.

2 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Don't remember that one, the earliest fake one oi remember was Free spirit rising.

I remember that one from the days of Bear Share Limewire ect.

Would love a list of the names for nostalgia.

I remember there was one where Robin was apparently singing was actually a good song.

3 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I remember that one from the days of Bear Share Limewire ect.

Would love a list of the names for nostalgia.

I remember there was one where Robin was apparently singing was actually a good song.

Yeah got a load from frostwire & limewire back in the day, wish i'd kept them backed up, because there was one I always maintained could be real sounded like tobias on guitar.

We should start a list of the "Best fake NuGnR leaks."

For me, mine was an original song by a GnR cover band called "Live like a Suicide."

The song was called "Goodnight, my love." I had it downloaded once upon a time on an old PC. Would love to hear it again. The Axl impression was very worthy and the music wasn't half bad, either.

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, appetite4illusions said:

We should start a list of the "Best fake NuGnR leaks."

For me, mine was an original song by a GnR cover band called "Live like a Suicide."

The song was called "Goodnight, my love." I had it downloaded once upon a time on an old PC. Would love to hear it again. The Axl impression was very worthy and the music wasn't half bad, either.

oh i remember this one. I found it on youtube. Nice to hear it again.

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

if any one interested i found the song I was looking for. It is from a band called "Asphalt Ballet". The song is called "Anybody". Just look it up on youtube. I remember when people said it was a leak song called chinese democracy back in 2000 or 1999. good times. 

• 2 weeks later...

Damn I was just reminiscing about the leaks that happened in 2007 if I remember correctly. This place was buzzing! :slash:

I managed to find the demo version of There was a Time on Youtube. I've always preferred that version to the album version because it didn't have all the final bells and whistles on it yet.

Ah, good times...:dance:

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...