09/25/19 - Charlotte, NC - Spectrum Center

alfierose

35 minutes ago, W. Axl Kev said:

Really enjoyed the show last night. Last show I saw was Oct. 15th at MSG in 2017. I felt they were going through the motions that night and when the first song started last night I thought “oh boy”. Axl looked distinctly unhappy for the first couple of songs. They picked it up and delivered one of the best shows I’ve seen.

I was with my girlfriend who doesn’t really know GN’R so I’ll give you her perspective as I found it interesting as she knows nothing of GN’R or Axl Rose etc.

1) Estranged and Rocket Queen, songs she had never heard, were her favorites

2) Loves Richard Fortus’ red leather pants

3) “Axl’s vocal range - is that real life?!” - she made that comment when he started singing Madagascar

4) “His voice is so clean!” - during Don’t Cry: I thought that was cool because we’ve all spent years on this forum arguing about which Disney character he sounds like these days but it reminded me he is in actual fact a world class singer, and to the casual observer who knows nothing of this forum’s yearning for “rasp”, it doesn’t matter at all.

5) Axl’s style needs some work - she loves his jewelry but some of the jacket/hat combos are in question. I didn’t bother explaining to her Axl takes his advice solely from a pointless family of clingy Brazilians.

6) Absolutely loved the show and thought it was great fun.

My final thought is that the crowd in Charlotte were terrific and really added value to the evening.

Hell of a band.

Top 5 LOL...sad but true-   "I didn’t bother explaining to her Axl takes his advice solely from a pointless family of clingy Brazilians."

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, W. Axl Kev said:

Really enjoyed the show last night. Last show I saw was Oct. 15th at MSG in 2017. I felt they were going through the motions that night and when the first song started last night I thought “oh boy”. Axl looked distinctly unhappy for the first couple of songs. They picked it up and delivered one of the best shows I’ve seen.

I was with my girlfriend who doesn’t really know GN’R so I’ll give you her perspective as I found it interesting as she knows nothing of GN’R or Axl Rose etc.

1) Estranged and Rocket Queen, songs she had never heard, were her favorites

2) Loves Richard Fortus’ red leather pants

3) “Axl’s vocal range - is that real life?!” - she made that comment when he started singing Madagascar

4) “His voice is so clean!” - during Don’t Cry: I thought that was cool because we’ve all spent years on this forum arguing about which Disney character he sounds like these days but it reminded me he is in actual fact a world class singer, and to the casual observer who knows nothing of this forum’s yearning for “rasp”, it doesn’t matter at all.

5) Axl’s style needs some work - she loves his jewelry but some of the jacket/hat combos are in question. I didn’t bother explaining to her Axl takes his advice solely from a pointless family of clingy Brazilians.

6) Absolutely loved the show and thought it was great fun.

My final thought is that the crowd in Charlotte were terrific and really added value to the evening.

Hell of a band.

Very interesting to see through her eyes.

But didn’t get your comments about his style. Axl’s style is Axl’s style. I don’t think Beta, Fernando or whatever have nothing to do with it. They probably just buy him the stuff he wants to wear. Axl has a pretty strong personality and I don’t think anyone would ever tell him what to wear, doesn’t matter if it’s Fernando or a stylist. Axl is his own style, he’s wearing weird stuff forever and it hasn’t change. The only difference is that he was young, had an amazing figure and was the king of the world, which means that everyone wanted to be like him, he was setting trends etc. 57 year old men don’t do that, but his style is basically the same. Sure he went through a few phases, but they all had the Axl crazy touch. He’s an intelligent guy that only does what he wants and sure can think for himself. This idea that TB controls all his steps, even his style choices, is completely  ridiculous, it’s like saying he’s a puppet.

Said that, I agree with your girlfriend and would make his style cleaner, like Slash and Duff. But that would not be Axl Rose, right?

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Flake said:

That guy is a troll and just wants to stirr shit up. Don't get why he hasn't been banned yet

how am i troll when i speak the truth 

u guys are very jaded - it's like the axl bois come out of the woodwork to suppress any fucking genuine critique, you guys slinging mud at sorum who hasn't touched blow in probably over a decade and there's uncle axl living the life of a full blown over the hill debauched slob in the last decade and who fucking cares - -

at least axl sounded good last night for once, the onus is now on the band 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

7 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Band sounded great man. Very tight playing. They’ve been rehearsing for sure.

yeah i think they sounded good minus frank obviously but i won't harp on that here other than i would take adler over izzy now if thats what it took to make the band sound better 

as for slash, not a criticism but he really is changing up his solos quite a bit, its not bad but i wonder how improvised his solos are - he must rehearse and rehearse those fuckers each time in a different way just because he has to work and not be idle 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

2 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

yeah i think they sounded good minus frank obviously but i won't harp on that here other than i would take adler over izzy now if thats what it took to make the band sound better 

as for slash, not a criticism but he really is changing up his solos quite a bit, its not bad but i wonder how improvised his solos are - he must rehearse and rehearse those fuckers each time in a different way 

Adler would be cool. It sucks we never got the alegedly planned “Adler on AFD/Lies, Frank on CD/UYI + Covers”. For appetite songs Adler is the obvious choice. But I will say man, Frank, to me, is significantly better now than a few years ago. Definitely not my favorite drummer but this and the Hollywood show are a lot more listenable to me than the 2016/2017 drumming.

Just now, Axl_morris said:

Infuriating at the deleted YouTube videos. Who cares? Why try and stop it now.

it might have something to do with the leaks...somebody must be very angry - so it's everybodys fault if they upload their recordings - judging by the photos from the crowd, it is scary how many fans were recording - hands in the air, almost blocking the view to the stage :-D 

35 minutes ago, Creed said:

i dont believe that random guys are taking them down. gnr pays someone to do it.

Nah- why would anyone give the bunch of socially retarded, lying, bullying, self-important incels sat in their basements that role? If you were going to pay someone to do it, you wouldn't get any of them. No one wants any contact with them whatsoever so they just trawl forums they're barred from, creating new usernames, and blocking any videos they see being discussed. 

They're happy to hint they're being paid though - it makes them feel in some way important and special. 

• Like 1