09/25/19 - Charlotte, NC - Spectrum Center

alfierose

I've got full videos of SOYL and Attitude from last night.  I also have the intro "roller coaster" movie.  As well as pieces of Civil, Slither, Wttj, and seeker.  I don't mind sharing, but just PM me your email and I will send videos, or I can friend you on facebook and you can see them there. 

• Like 2

We need to start flooding the band's PR with complaints about this ... Their show is great but it is in no way so amazing that it has to be locked down to in person audiences only ... It's almost like they've taken their refusal to release music to a whole new level ... "Want to hear / see us live? Buy a ticket." 

40 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

I would like to have a Blu Ray of the Not In This Lifetime... Tour + plus bonus material.

But we are talkin' about Guns N' Roses lol. So forget it.

It is in the works but delayed to the daunting task of editing out someone's bellies and chins....

32 minutes ago, MattyIce3924 said:

2. Slash is a wizard, no question about it. But they could cut his number of solos in half and I think we’d all be satisfied.

6. I think there’s a legitimate point to be made about the transference between a live show and a YouTube video. This is show #3 for me on NITL and Axl has sounded decent the other two, but he was amazing last night. I got home and watched some videos posted and it was like two different shows. I say that because Axl gets an atrocious rap on here sometimes and I’m not sure it’s fair. We all judge him through a lens unless we’re at the shows, but maybe he’s doing way better than we tend to think. 

Point # 2.. Not everyone. Slash carries the shows in my opinion and the more Slash teh better. 

Point # 6.. Axl was good last night.. It seemed to take him a few songs to hit his stride but when he did he was on.  We could tell he was on watching the streams. But I don't think he gets a bad rap and there is no doubt he sounds bad a good portion of the time.. I have been to 3 of these shows and could tell when he sounds bad and when he sounds good. Unless it is a total shit quality recording, youtube videos are usually honest.. When you are there in person you get the natural reverb from the venues, fans singing along, the energy and bleed in from the rest of the band and the ridiculous volume.  The live experience is always better. Hell I have been to Motley Crue shows where I thought Vince sounded good lol.  There are also the shows like Houston when Axl was on point and the youtube videos sounded good as well so it can't really go both ways..

Valid point about Slither.. I love that they are doing it but Axl just can't cut it... He's gotten better but he always stumbles during that early verse and that Mickey chorus is terrible.. 

I missed  SOYL last night but everyone was saying it was phenomenal.. Dying to see a video. 

Glad you had a great time.  \m/

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Very fair review for sure and seems to be from a fan who is familiar with he band. I though he brought up a great point that there were no LIES songs played.. I would kill to see Nice Boys or Reckless life with the quality he sings SOYL with.. Move To The City would be great to play once in awhile... If they are going to play all these covers, why not Mama Kin once in awhile? You're Crazy!?!?!?! It is a sin that song hasn't been played at all.. I would cream my pants if they busted out the slow tempo version..

Also is that Slash solo really a Funkadelic cover?

• Like 2

I believe it's a good thing the removal of the videos.

Simply because it makes the experience of seeing them live at the gig more special.
They are onstage performing for the people who bought a ticket to the show.

We're not entitled to the youtube video so we can post our shitty opinions on Axl's weight, if Melissa should be there or not, or how bad Frank is ...

i'm ok with reading reviews from the people who went to the show

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Freightrain said:

Simply because it makes the experience of seeing them live at the gig more special.

We're not entitled to the youtube video so we can post our shitty opinions on Axl's weight, if Melissa should be there or not, or how bad Frank is ...

It doesn't harm anyone who attended if someone is in home and wants to hear their favourite band to perform. I'm 22 and living in Finland so not everyday I'm able to see their gig and I'm not sure if I'll ever see. If they won't release a new DVD and let me buy it with real money I would be happy to at least be able to check some videos from Youtube.

Edited by ElectricTear
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Freightrain said:

...Fernando, is that you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Freightrain said:

What about when the crew are posting half the show on their Instagrams?

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

How is removing fan videos a good thing?  They don't make being there more special, in fact the videos themselves are special because they help you relive some amazing moments of seeing your favorite band

If it wasn't for being able to see videos of the shows I saw as well as other various videos, my fandom for GNR would have ended long long ago because they are all we have currently

If you don't like seeing the videos and only care about reviews that is cool, but it is objectively hurting the people who love the band the most and that is never a good thing

I normally try not to be negative anymore but what happens these days is ridiculous. What is next ? Reviews are taken down too? If you want to go rid of your fanbase that is the way to go

• Like 1