09/25/19 - Charlotte, NC - Spectrum Center

alfierose

7 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Everything that has been posted here (Palladium and this show) was gone shortly after. Posting it here makes it quicker to find them and take them down. There's still some up on YouTube but everything that was here is gone.

Yeah but that's not vloors fault, he's just trying to help mate. They will still get removed either way.

I thought this show was better than the ATL 2016 as far as set list and quality.  Not so much better as far as excitement is concerned since ATL was the first time I had seen Guns in concert since '92.  I thought Axl kicked ass, and really love that I got to see DTJ live.  That song was on our heads all night/morning/next day.  Seeing Shadow and Slither live was great too.  Also this was my 4th Guns show (2nd NITL), and oddly enough this is the first time I saw Don't Cry live.  So that was awesome.

I assume we can't upload video from a phone?  It has to be a link?  I would really love to upload Shadow of your Love.  Not so much for a pro shot, but just so everyone can hear the rasp and energy coming from Axl on that song (recorded from Slash side upper and jittery because I rock out and don't really pay attention to where my phone is pointing if I even record at all).  I also LOVED Slash blues jam this show.  Was different than the Johnny B Good he usually does, and really had a lot of soul in it.  It only strengthened my desire to hear Slash lay down a pure blues album.  I think it would become instantly one of the best blues album made.

Edited by sc_gunner
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/25/2019 at 8:11 PM, Gibsonfender2323 said:

they said is sold out

It was packed.  Not sure what picture the person saw, but was probably well before Guns came on.  We were in the bathroom, beer, and shirt line nearly the entire set for Shooter so can't really say how many people came in early.  By the time Guns came on though it was packed rafter to rafter.  A ton of energy too.  From the crowd and band.  On some songs you actually hear the crowd singing along over the band!  It was a GREAT show!

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, sc_gunner said:

It was packed.  Not sure what picture the person saw, but was probably well before Guns came on.  

This reminds me of this funny situation that happened to me on the 2011 tour in Youngstown Ohio. 

Someone on the forum kept claiming that their buddy was at the show and the attendance was so low, they cut the venue in half (not sure if you've seen that type of thing before, but I actually have). Anyway, I was sitting in the audience and the venue was NOT cut in half so I posted that. 

I got accused of making it up....... I was AT THE SHOW getting accused of making shit up by a guy who was NOT AT THE SHOW lol. 

I had to take pics of the stage from several angles and post them on the forum just to prove to everyone that the other guy was full of shit lol! 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

'93.  I still remember video premiere on MTV.

Vividly, Garden of Eden, Dead Horse, Estranged, Garden of Eden last single of UYI's.

Nov '93 TSI was already out.  Since I don't..., was the last video they made as a band and that was back in '93.

Gilby released Pawn shop, Duff released Believe in me like Oct '93 or something.

'94 there was complete silence, early '95 5 o'clock came out.

To be fair, you and the other person commenting on the release of Estranged are both correct:

The video for Estranged dropped in December of 1993, while it was released as a "single" officially January 17th, 1994

I think this confused a lot of people, because The Spaghetti Incident had already released in late 1993, then it's like your back tracking and releasing a video from the album prior to it, instead of a video for your new album? Bands didn't do things like that, at that point in time on MTV.

Even if I'd been hoping for some more mixing up, I am really pleased to see everyone enjoying the show and seeing that they have worked a bit on the setlist, by changing bits about songs. I think I would miss the Jungle intro though, but if it means he saves his voice and delivers during the rest of the show, that's all fine by me.

And who knows, the leg is just starting out again, new songs may still come, and it's great to see Axl's doing great despite the off time.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jekylhyde said:

I don't want to fat shame anyone or speculate too much about someone's personal issues, but thyroid problems can cause weight gain, mood swings and issues with voice. It is really not all that uncommon medical problem.

But I don't personally care about any weight stuff. It is the voice that matters. And he sounds pretty great, considering that it is 2019. 

Yes all true about thyroid. Runs in my family. Older brother had to have his removed. Younger brother has to get his checked yearly as do I but so far so good for both of us 👍🏻😊

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Medications will also mess with your weight, like, a lot. 

Thats why I’m really sick of the Axl bashing. We have no idea what’s going on behind close doors so why make fun of him for it. Even if it was burgers and beer, just let him live. It’s his life and he’s nearly 60 years old now.

I mostly agree but 

If his weight gain is from sickness or medications then I feel sorry for him. But if it’s because of burgers and beer then he is irresponsible and it’s just not ok. Because people pay money, a lot of money to see him. So if he is out of shape from his own choice, he is disrespectful to his fans. 

But as you said we have no idea what’s going on so we shouldn’t bash him

Edited by sl4yer
  • Like 1

I think that people have this crazy fantasy that if Axl loses weight he will be that same beautiful, crazy, screaming god he was. Let’s be real, he won’t. The guy is getting old and, for whatever reason, he did not age very well like Duff did. That’s the truth, just deal with it. He still sings good enough so we can enjoy the shows and potentially new music.

The only thing that concerns me about his weight is that sometimes he gets out of breath, because he still moves a lot onstage, and the size of his belly, because we all know how dangerous that is for the heart, especially at his age. But I’m sure he’s aware of this.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, swishtz said:

Yeah because that's what Adele, Elton John,  Aretha Franklin, Barry White etc all did/do , keep/kept themselves in shape just for you lot hey? He is so  'disrespectful' he goes on stage for 3hrs + a show and busts a gut in sometimes unbearable heat that YOU would stand zero chance of pulling off. Fucking comedians some of you

So what he gives a 3 hours shows if he is butchering his own songs? 

All people you listed is a bad comparision. They have way different type of performance. People who attends their shows gets what they expected. However some people on GNR shows are shocked by how he look and sounds.

I’m not bashing Axl and I loved the show I went to year ago. But some of GNR performances are very bad because of him being out of shape.

Bashing him too much is a bad thing and we shouldn’t do that. But praising him for whatever he is doing is just stupid too.

Edited by sl4yer
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

I think that people have this crazy fantasy that if Axl loses weight he will be that same beautiful, crazy, screaming god he was. Let’s be real, he won’t. The guy is getting old and, for whatever reason, he did not age very well like Duff did. That’s the truth, just deal with it. He still sings good enough so we can enjoy the shows and potentially new music.

The only thing that concerns me about his weight is that sometimes he gets out of breath, because he still moves a lot onstage, and the size of his belly, because we all know how dangerous that is for the heart, especially at his age. But I’m sure he’s aware of this.

Good points, but I don't think his gut is big enough to raise serious health concerns.If it affects his singing, then it's obviously not a good thing.

For me this is not a big deal( no pun intended) and I'm sure there are lot of people on this forum who are tired of reading a single word about this. So here's my suggestion: someone start Axl's gut thread for those who are interested in the subject. :D OK?

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Good points, but I don't think his gut is big enough to raise serious health concerns.If it affects his singing, then it's obviously not a good thing.

For me this is not a big deal( no pun intended) and I'm sure there are lot of people on this forum who are tired of reading a single word about this. So here's my suggestion: someone start Axl's gut - thread for those who are interested in the subject. :D OK?

Or just go to GNFNR forum. Most of discussions there are just „lol Axl is so fat and shit”

5 hours ago, sl4yer said:

So what he gives a 3 hours shows if he is butchering his own songs? 

All people you listed is a bad comparision. They have way different type of performance. People who attends their shows gets what they expected. However some people on GNR shows are shocked by how he look and sounds.

I’m not bashing Axl and I loved the show I went to year ago. But some of GNR performances are very bad because of him being out of shape.

Bashing him too much is a bad thing and we shouldn’t do that. But praising him for whatever he is doing is just stupid too.

Doubt that his increased weight really affects voice so negatively, because in 2010 he was starting to get really fat but his singing sounded absolutely amazing and raspy while in 2002 he was still relatively thin but had that shot voice without any rasp.

Edited by tadskis
clarity

3 minutes ago, tadskis said:

Doubt that his increased weight really affects voice that negatively, because in 2010 he was starting to get really fat but his singing sounded absolutely amazing and raspy while in 2002 he was still relatively thin but had that shot voice without any rasp.

I forgot about that. good point