09/25/19 - Charlotte, NC - Spectrum Center

alfierose

Axl in his current physical state is more healthy than Brandon Curry the recent winner of Mr Olympia or most bodybuilders. You don't get people who pay money to attend a show or who are fans of bodybuilding show much concern about the physical appearance or for their health given the use of steroids, growth hormones and diuretics that lead to future major health issues for a majority of these people. 

Axl's life expectency is more important to me as a fan, and is a more valuable asset than taking issue with his current physical appearance. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 2

On 9/26/2019 at 2:59 PM, KURT19 said:

GNR_01.jpg

(The singer also flashed his first ear-to-ear grin of the night during “Welcome to the Jungle,” when a fan in the pit passed him a blue jersey with “Sunnyvale” on the front and “Ricky 420” on the back. That’s a little bit of an inside joke, by the way; a nod to a long-running Canadian mockumentary series titled “Trailer Park Boys” that Rose has in the past professed his affection for).

One of you maniacs in the front row should write an unreleased song name on a t-shirt and throw it to him. Hard School, Atlas Shrugged, Soul Monster, The General.

• Haha 3

As I said before I dont care about Axls weight or singing because I am singing with him so by the end of the concert I have soar throat. 

My only issue with NITL tour is lack of energy and chemistry. Maybe I am wrong but Slash is far from SMKC stage presence and Duff is in his solo project with his soul and only body is on stage. Funny enough only Axl looks happy and relaxed. 

No new material makes them bored yet they can still make money on old song and covers. Dont get me wrong GnR is my first and last love but sometimes it just hurts.

He looks shockingly bad in that photo going around above with Slash, bu ton the plus side that Shadow performance is really enjoyable at least!

For once he should stick to rocking the hats all gig long..

Edit: Found these where he looks awesome, so it’s fuckin’ crazy that some of the angles of the photos make it look like a different gig or something 

Edited by 6lake sa66ath
  • Like 1

On 27/09/2019 at 4:43 PM, sl4yer said:

So what he gives a 3 hours shows if he is butchering his own songs? 

All people you listed is a bad comparision. They have way different type of performance. People who attends their shows gets what they expected. However some people on GNR shows are shocked by how he look and sounds.

I’m not bashing Axl and I loved the show I went to year ago. But some of GNR performances are very bad because of him being out of shape.

Bashing him too much is a bad thing and we shouldn’t do that. But praising him for whatever he is doing is just stupid too.

Butchering his own songs ? Really ? Most people who go to the shows fundamentally enjoy them. Everyone has the odd off day, do you perform at 100% every day at work ?
Why are those people a bad comparison ? Are you some sort of expert on vocal training ? Be specific if you're going to make generalisations like that, why do their performances differ in terms of what it takes to sing and their weight ? btw Axl is fit as fuck, running around, singing for 3hrs + . Bet you couldn't do that , how exactly do you know that there is a correlation between the rare mishap and his weight ? Are you privy to his medical records ?
Yes you are bashing Axl , you just said he butchers his own songs and is disrespectful to his fans, that's pretty much the definition of bashing.

Stupid is as stupid does....

Edited by swishtz

45 minutes ago, swishtz said:

Butchering his own songs ? Really ? Most people who go to the shows fundamentally enjoy them. Everyone has the odd off day, do you perform at 100% every day at work ?
Why are those people a bad comparison ? Are you some sort of expert on vocal training ? Be specific if you're going to make generalisations like that, why do their performances differ in terms of what it takes to sing and their weight ? btw Axl is fit as fuck, running around, singing for 3hrs + . Bet you couldn't do that , how exactly do you know that there is a correlation between the rare mishap and his weight ? Are you privy to his medical records ?
Yes you are bashing Axl , you just said he butchers his own songs and is disrespectful to his fans, that's pretty much the definition of bashing.

Stupid is as stupid does....

"Fit as fuck"??  lol

"Odd off day"? C'mon..  The shows are a blast and Axl sounds good in person but there is no denying he doesn't sound that good the majority of the songs..  If you listen to the pro shots they are pretty telling.. The Apollo.. RIO 2017.. Even his best songs aren't usually good all the way through.. He does play 3 hour shows and is good enough to make it work but if Slash was gone he wouldn't be worth the price of admission.. If anything he has the "Odd on day"....

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

"Fit as fuck"??  lol

"Odd off day"? C'mon..  The shows are a blast and Axl sounds good in person but there is no denying he doesn't sound that good the majority of the songs..  If you listen to the pro shots they are pretty telling.. The Apollo.. RIO 2017.. Even his best songs aren't usually good all the way through.. He does play 3 hour shows and is good enough to make it work but if Slash was gone he wouldn't be worth the price of admission.. If anything he has the "Odd on day"....

I don't need to listen to the pro shots, I have been to plenty of shows including Charlotte. Yes fit as fuck he trains, he exercises, he stretches he can sustain a 3hr show in the heat .
Show 1 of most tours seems to be the most rusty, thereafter they are pretty good, oh and I first saw them live in 91 and have regularly since they fired back up again in the early 2000's until the present day so I have a pretty decent point of reference. Is Axl like he was in the early days, Nope, is he as he was in the 2000's nope, if you look back to RiR raincoat episode, he's better, MTV awards, better, Hard Rock residency, better, 2006, probably not as good, but that's 13 years ago , same as an athlete, age & life takes its toll. To date they haven't started to do what Aerosmith and the Stones do, which is play short shows. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, swishtz said:

I don't need to listen to the pro shots, I have been to plenty of shows including Charlotte. Yes fit as fuck he trains, he exercises, he stretches he can sustain a 3hr show in the heat .
Show 1 of most tours seems to be the most rusty, thereafter they are pretty good, oh and I first saw them live in 91 and have regularly since they fired back up again in the early 2000's until the present day so I have a pretty decent point of reference. Is Axl like he was in the early days, Nope, is he as he was in the 2000's nope, if you look back to RiR raincoat episode, he's better, MTV awards, better, Hard Rock residency, better, 2006, probably not as good, but that's 13 years ago , same as an athlete, age & life takes its toll. To date they haven't started to do what Aerosmith and the Stones do, which is play short shows. 

You missed my point.. I have been to 3 of the reunion shows.. He definitely sounds better in person.. Most rock singers do because of the pure volume and other factors in a live show.. Teh pro shots are brutally honest and when he sounds terrible there is no hiding it.. 

Anyway.. all good.. Just thought you were a bit harsh on @sl4yer .   I think your "pretty good" assessment is more accurate..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

You missed my point.. I have been to 3 of the reunion shows.. He definitely sounds better in person.. Most rock singers do because of the pure volume and other factors in a live show.. Teh pro shots are brutally honest and when he sounds terrible there is no hiding it.. 

Anyway.. all good.. Just thought you were a bit harsh on @sl4yer .   I think your "pretty good" assessment is more accurate..

Duly Noted, btw I have been to over 20 shows of this reunion run btw and the worst was Berlin by far, the rest have been pretty decent. In terms of being harsh on sl4yer, he's just getting back what he's dishing out. Charlotte was one of the best US dates since 2016. 

Edited by swishtz
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

"Fit as fuck"??  lol

The way these ticket prices are I'm not sure if he's worth the price of admission even with Slash there :lol:

Although he is sounding good on this run so worth it now I guess.

• Like 1

Has Fortus always added that country-sounding warble to the Jungle intro? That was weird haha (Jungle was the only vid I could find :() . Axl sounded great. The band seemed pretty stiff in terms of moving around but I’d take the sound over that.

I would love to see Nightrain from this show, it’s always the benchmark for me.

Edited by Ant

On 9/27/2019 at 8:59 AM, Gibbo said:

Hes still going :D I think he liked it 

I thought I am going to give this guy a chance and was feeling kind of iffy almost uncomfortable listening to the guy,but soon as he said he really liked Frank Ferrer I turned it off.

• Haha 1

On 9/26/2019 at 10:50 AM, AxlRoseCDII said:

Already asked a few pages back, but does anyone have a video of Better? I’d really like to see that :) 

I've got the full video from front row int he pit, i think that GnR would be every MORE sensitive to this being released since during about 70% of the song there are crew running around up in the front putting down a new floor liner since some water or something was on it an Axl was not happy about it.  Sounded pretty good, unfortunate for my location, they all for the most part were restricted to standing back 20 feet.

On 9/27/2019 at 11:14 AM, sl4yer said:

I mostly agree but 

If his weight gain is from sickness or medications then I feel sorry for him. But if it’s because of burgers and beer then he is irresponsible and it’s just not ok. Because people pay money, a lot of money to see him. So if he is out of shape from his own choice, he is disrespectful to his fans. 

But as you said we have no idea what’s going on so we shouldn’t bash him

I will admit that is does seem like Axl has put on a few lbs in the gut since last leg and since I had seen him last but I am definitely NOT going to see him based on his LOOKS.  I think he is probably as concerned about giving a great show as we "huge" fans are of him sounding good.  He is and always has been a perfectionist.  He isn't flipping out and slaming mics down anymore but is does get upset about "bugs".......... cares a LOT.

This concert had been a concern of mine since it was technically the first show of the leg and I cringed at the possibility that it would be another Berlin bust, especially since there was such a gap between last performance.  I cannot reiterate enough how IMPRESSED AND BLOWN AWAY I was in terms of how AMAZING Axl sounded- there was a completely different vibe from the group and they seemed fairly laid back, very comfortable with one another.  Axl took a different approach to each song, some more than others (Jungle changed up a lot)....... you can see him making modifications to sound as best he can, and this will be different the older he gets.   

MAJOR credit to Axl for 

• Like 2