10/01/19 - Jacksonville, FL - Vystar Veterans Memorial Arena

alfierose

30 minutes ago, bdinan said:

Yeah, is it a bit annoying to us "forum geeks" that Axl mocked to keep seeing the same set over and over? Of course. The "forum geeks" are the ones who supported this band through countless lineup changes when they, and Axl's appearance and voice were the butt of mainstream media jokes. 

Sorry but it’s not true. :lol: We were the first ones to criticize/to demerit  new members or make jokes about Axl’s shitty voice. 

7 minutes ago, Derick said:

Sorry but it’s not true. :lol: We were the first ones to criticize/to demerit  new members or make jokes about Axl’s shitty voice. 

To an extent, but you also have some loyal people here who have continued to spend a lot of money, in spite of his shitty fucking voice 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Listen- I totally get the comments about the setlist. Part of me was a little disappointed not to hear Locomotive, Dead Horse, or Hard School.

But this band can fucking rock. It was an amazing concert. From start to finish it was exceptional. The band is firing on all cylinders. 

Axl sounds amazing for his age. The fact that he’s getting through this set at 57 is mind blowing. And I will say this about the setlist- it’s stale but it’s extremely solid. Good mixture of Chinese, Appetite and Illusions. I actually forgot how many illusion tracks are in this setlist! Hearing Madagascar and Don’t Cry were always a dream of mine, especially Madagascar. 

Slash is king as always. Fortus is very underrated as a guitar player. I don’t get when people see that the band seems bored when playing songs. I see nothing but the opposite- the band has an insane energy! They look like they’re having a blast. In all the bootlegs I’ve seen, this show contained possibly the happiest and most jovial Axl I’ve ever seen. He was talking probably every song or two. Cracking jokes, all the fun stuff. It makes me glad to see the guy at peace after so many years of torment. 

Just an exceptional show. I think Russ said it best the other week. Just be happy that there is a band. They may not be around forever. Axl is only going to get older from here. Enjoy it while it lasts. Try to see a show if you can. This lineup is exceptional. Best concert I’ve been too :headbang:

Glad you had a great time!  That is all that matters, is the concertgoers that go to these shows have a great time - and they definitely are

• GNFNR 1

Another thing I noticed a lot in this show, was that Axl stayed on stage for a good portion of the guitar solos, usually dancing off to the side. I remember usually he would run off stage for even the smallest of solos, but he was present for a ton of the instrumentals.

• Like 1

Man just imagine if they played Locomotive in place of Estranged saving that for the encore ... The crowd would go wild ... Majority of the casuals would think it's a new song lol ... Would be one of Slash's if not his best live performance in a long time ... Axl could totally handle it if he actually practiced 

1 minute ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Man just imagine if they played Locomotive in place of Estranged saving that for the encore ... The crowd would go wild ... Majority of the casuals would think it's a new song lol ... Would be one of Slash's if not his best live performance in a long time ... Axl could totally handle it if he actually practiced 

Your last sentence explains why they probably won't do it.😄

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I wasn't there and I dont wanna be an asshole. But I really have to wonder also this setlist thing. Same fucking songs for over two years..

I'm right now in USA and I would like to see them. But even as a big fan, I'm not gonna buy those expensive tickets to see the same show that I've already seen three times. Why they dont change it? I dont get it.

Wichita, black hole and that fucking Seeker...:facepalm:

It's a broken record at this point, I get both sides, but it's also the reason I'm personally not paying money to see any more shows. 

I know axl doesn't care. Don't expect him to. Because of this tour, he never has to work another day in his life. It's a cash cow. 

I don't think Axl is some passionate artist anymore. They're all just label pawns making a shit ton of money for each other, and I'm happy for them. The novelty has worn off for me though. 

• Like 3

It’s still NITL. In the band’s defense, they haven’t marketed it as anything else. No one from the Guns camp has said new music is immediate or claimed a new song will be played soon. They could definitely spruce it up and play something new though. But keep in mind that this isn’t a new tour or advertised as such.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, estranged_85 said:

Why wouldn't he handle the song? It's mostly on the lower register anyway. J think Axl would do just fine.. but not having Sorum on drums though 😑

It's not just that. Axl would have to seriously practice his breathing technique to be able to perform that song the way it is written 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Axeli said:

I wasn't there and I dont wanna be an asshole. But I really have to wonder also this setlist thing. Same fucking songs for over two years..

I'm right now in USA and I would like to see them. But even as a big fan, I'm not gonna buy those expensive tickets to see the same show that I've already seen three times. Why they dont change it? I dont get it.

Wichita, black hole and that fucking Seeker...:facepalm:

Setlist woes aside .. I'll still see them every chance I get because it's GnFnR .. But I paid over $200 single ticket twice for this tour .. 3rd time for Charlotte I paid $50 and had a blast .. Even snuck in to the floor area and got a great view for the 2nd half :P:headbang: Point is ... Don't let the setlist steer you away there's cheaper options! 

35 minutes ago, bdinan said:

To an extent, but you also have some loyal people here who have continued to spend a lot of money, in spite of his shitty fucking voice 

They are the minority.  Most of us, you can confirm by reading the posts here(including yours), don't want to spend a penny unless we have new music(or different ones) or bring Izzy or Steven back. And things like this happened all over the CD era. So no we weren’t that supportive as you said, at all.

14 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Setlist woes aside .. I'll still see them every chance I get because it's GnFnR .. But I paid over $200 single ticket twice for this tour .. 3rd time for Charlotte I paid $50 and had a blast .. Even snuck in to the floor area and got a great view for the 2nd half :P:headbang: Point is ... Don't let the setlist steer you away there's cheaper options! 

Well yes..but the shows are also too far away. I'm in California now. And this setlist thing also piss me off. It's been too long..

I just wish they dont become one of those old bands which have nothing new to give. You know. Over the years tours get smaller and at some point they only tour here in U.S. Playing those old hits for old people. Maybe some small festivals in europe.

Edited by Axeli
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Axeli said:

Well yes..but the shows are also too far away. I'm in California now. And this setlist thing also piss me off. It's been too long..

I just wish they dont become one of those old bands which have nothing new to give. You know. Over the years tours get smaller and at some point they only tour here in U.S. Playing those old hits for old people. Maybe some small festivals in europe.

Yeah that's my biggest worry with this band ... Out of our control though :wacko:

It's not the bands fault most of us know the setlist top to bottom and everything in between. They did say they don't play for the internet and he's made a believer out of me on that subject. 

Pretend you haven't watched as many YouTube concerts you could and just seen it for the 1st time. You'd be blown away by the setlist 

• Like 1

When I was a kid I watched the UYI VHS over and over again. Never got tired. 

Youtube have destroyed the passion for live music. Internet have destroyed the whole music industry more or less. People just want more and more and will never get satisfied. 

Edited by --DEA--
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, --DEA-- said:

Youtube have destroyed the passion for live music. Internet have destroyed the whole music industry more or less. People just want more and more and will never get satisfied. 

Man, I couldn't agree more.  There's no mystery anymore, everyone feels entitled to know and hear everything.  And if they're not satiated they get pissed off.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, --DEA-- said:

And with Periscope people go "Axl missed a note there" the whole duration of the show from a concert they aren't even at from the comfort of their homes, when actually at the show everyone is having a fantastic time

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

And with Periscope people go "Axl missed a note there" the whole duration of the show from a concert they aren't even at from the comfort of their homes, when actually at the show everyone is having a fantastic time

When your at the shows your so caught up in the atmosphere, you sometimes tend not to notice.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

Having seen the stones a bunch of times over the last 20 years, Jaggers voice is better now at 74 than Axls at 57. 

There could be a fan vote for songs like the stones have, there’s a lot of things that they could do. Reality is it seems they don’t give a monkeys. 

I saw Both the stones and guns in the 90s. No comparison some 25 odd years later. I’d imagine a lot of the anger and frustration from people on the forum is they want product, or a reason to go see the band.

neither seems an issue with the 50 other bands I follow. It intensifies the frustration with guns. 

Guns weren’t brilliant every night on the illusions tour, but they weren’t phoning it in for the whole tour either. 

1 hour ago, bdinan said:

It's a broken record at this point, I get both sides, but it's also the reason I'm personally not paying money to see any more shows. 

I know axl doesn't care. Don't expect him to. Because of this tour, he never has to work another day in his life. It's a cash cow. 

I don't think Axl is some passionate artist anymore. They're all just label pawns making a shit ton of money for each other, and I'm happy for them. The novelty has worn off for me though. 

100% correct.