10/01/19 - Jacksonville, FL - Vystar Veterans Memorial Arena

alfierose

26 minutes ago, moreblack said:

If you can't afford it, or have other uses for that money, don't go. That goes for every concert ever put on by anyone. If the act is hot and in high demand, your seat will go to someone else. If not, and if enough people think the same, it will be a half full show.

Or if you have the money but understand the concept of feeling something is overpriced. It's not just about whether you can afford it or not. 

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Or if you have the money but understand the concept of feeling something is overpriced. It's not just about whether you can afford it or not. 

Yes, and you can use that money for other stuff that you want or like or need more.

Edited by moreblack

1 minute ago, moreblack said:

Yes, and you can use that money for other stuff that you want or like or need more.

Yep. GNR are obviously far and above my favourite band of all time. Seeing the exact same show numerous times though when there are so many other bands to see? That's a big question. 

I'm not too sure what sort of people are going to this leg. Those that haven't seen them before? 

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

That's totally fair I think - I seriously question now whether I could justify going to this tour again if it comes to my country, cost-wise. I'd probably enjoy it for what it was, but a bit of me doesn't see sense in trying to repeat something I enjoyed the hell out of a couple of years ago for the sake of it. 

I also said to myself a while back that I wouldn't spend any more money on GNR stuff unless it's music related. That's just my small way of making a stand against something I don't believe in. 

Well if enough people started boycotting gnr shows it probably wouldn't take them very long to start making changes. But that's the seemingly huge problem with most of society these days. Most people are sheeples and go with the flow and refuse to rock the boat with most things. Brainwashed beyond belief if you ask me. Things have changed for the worse as far as I'm concerned. Oh well... 

2 minutes ago, Jbuck said:

I am new to this forum. I understand the complaints about the same setlist for all of you devoted fans that have seen them many times.

This was my first gnr show and I loved it. I have wanted to see them for 25 years. I wanted to see the hits and many songs from uyi. I do agree that I'd prefer more original songs than newer covers, but I am on an emotional high after last night.  

My man! I was there as well. Kick ass show. I would’ve loved to see something new as well but no matter the setlist, the concert goers always have a blast.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Jbuck said:

I am new to this forum. I understand the complaints about the same setlist for all of you devoted fans that have seen them many times.

This was my first gnr show and I loved it. I have wanted to see them for 25 years. I wanted to see the hits and many songs from uyi. I do agree that I'd prefer more original songs than newer covers, but I am on an emotional high after last night.  

Welcome to the forum and please stick around. I assure you it's not ALL setlist complaints lol. 

3 minutes ago, Jbuck said:

Looked like a good show! and seeing that show for the first is quite good, If I had never seen them before I probably would have passed out with excitement :D I have seen them 5 times now though, so I'm a bit pickier as you can imagine, but it's still a class setlist for anyone going for the first time.

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Yep. GNR are obviously far and above my favourite band of all time. Seeing the exact same show numerous times though when there are so many other bands to see? That's a big question. 

I'm not too sure what sort of people are going to this leg. Those that haven't seen them before? 

You gotta think, for some of them this'll be only their 2nd or 3rd time because they checked out while Axl was touring with randoms in the band. So this is their first chance at seeing GNR with Slash and Duff if they were too young for the UYI tour. Or they had a blast last time and wanna see them again.

14 minutes ago, moreblack said:

You gotta think, for some of them this'll be only their 2nd or 3rd time because they checked out while Axl was touring with randoms in the band. So this is their first chance at seeing GNR with Slash and Duff if they were too young for the UYI tour. Or they had a blast last time and wanna see them again.

That was Philly 2016 for me, last night was my 3rd show of the tour

9 hours ago, Gibbo said:

FB-IMG-1569998022844.jpg

FB-IMG-1569998025794.jpg

So I guess the setlist with Atlas was a fake?

54 minutes ago, Jbuck said:

Welcome! Glad you enjoyed the show.

To be honest, I don’t think it’s good that we have these printed playlists. I mean, the element of surprise is gone now. Imagine standing at the gig, when the band suddenly starts playing Dead Horse, Locomotive, or even Hard School...

Well, we can still enjoy it, but the surprise would have been way bigger withthout knowing about the particular song in advance.

Interesting TIL is back as an alt. I assumed they cut it for a reason, being Axl struggling and it being a boring song to play live. Weird.

On a side note, it must really suck for the band to learn/relearn all the new additions only for them never to be played. Rough.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII

I caught a periscope of the first gig and DTJ was ropey as fuck. The rest was good and at times great. The blues Jam was cool. 

But it’s hard to have any enjoyment or opinion when they remove every fucking video. Maybe Axl did sound great on Paradise City in Jacksonville. 

I don’t know, it ain’t on YouTube. I’ll need to periscope the next show. 

26 minutes ago, Axeli said:

They even changed the songs more with those guys.

I though Axl sounded pretty good live at the Palladium show, but I haven't watched any youtubes thanks to a couple of little wankers. Put the 2010 voice together with Slash = :drool: