10/04/19 - Austin, TX - Austin City Limits

alfierose

Fucking AWESOME Jungle,especially the end. Just shows he can bring it on demand when he wants. If he picks his spots and gives enough in the right places to let the crowd know he's still got it then I've no issues with him easing off elsewhere. I just hope that when they're properly touring new tunes that he really brings it for those like he did for Chinese in 09-10.

3 hours ago, RONIN said:

I'd like Slash to improvise a bit more - he did a killer little improv to the ending of Don't Cry in 2016....but that was for one show. The song has been played the exact same way since. They could stand to just mix it up a little on the songs at least to keep it interesting for themselves.

Axl must be sick and tired of singing AFD songs...not to mention doing the same choreographed stage moves night after night

He must be sick of singing SCOM by now. I never understood why SMKC always did the song.  Wonder what myles thought about having to singing it.

Edited by Sydney Fan

1 hour ago, ChrisMaciel said:

Holy shit, there was a girl fronstage (slash side) doing ASL (sing language) the whole show. 

Has the band talked about that during the show?

It was like 4 different people taking turns. I was standing right in front of them.They were all unbelievable. So talented! 

Edited by Arnuld

1 hour ago, ChrisMaciel said:

Holy shit, there was a girl fronstage (slash side) doing ASL (sing language) the whole show. 

Has the band talked about that during the show?

I believe there was a guy doing it in Louisville as well

6 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Lol if this was the illusion days, he would have given a rant, threw down the mic and walked off stage 😄

"Thanks to the lame-ass nightrain horn button cord thingy being lame... I'm going home..." Smassh!!! 😂

Edited by Crowebar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, ElectricTear said:

Some small changes for every gig would be very refreshing; rotate WTTJ/Chinese/ISE as openers, swap Better and Black Hole Sun/Wichita together to spread out the covers for example.

Black Hole Sun needs to be taken off the set list completely. Axl's vocal style just doesn't fit singing this song at all. It was nice to add to the set list the 1st year or so after Chris Cornell's death, but it's time to let it go now. Even Chris himself realized he was out of his element singing Rage Against the Machine covers with Audioslave, and slowly the band decreased those from the set list. Some styles just don't fit. Chris was a great rock singer, but as you can see below, watching him trying to cover Rage is cringe worthy.....:wacko:

• Like 1

saw some footage on youtube!

you could be mine was awesome! Loved the graphics on the screen. Axl sounded great. The whole band rocked even though you could see them sweating their asses off!

I wanted to see and hear WTTJ but whoever videoed it was singing. lol I couldn't hear Axl, but I can't blame them. I sing at every concert I go to! lol

Awesome show! Wish it was cooler for all the bands that are playing Texas this weekend.

A cool front is coming but not until tomorrow!

Have a blast you lucky fans who are seeing GNR.