10/04/19 - Austin, TX - Austin City Limits

alfierose

32 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

It wasn't to bad. Alot of younger people around me, and they seemed to be respectful. I did stand next to a guy with dread locks, and I got a face full of locks now and than, but he was cool and kept apologising. I must say people were great, and when they saw me wearing a GNR shirt, they made room, and we were able to shuffle our way towards the front to get as close as possible. The biggest issue I had was seeing a snake, slither past me, while walking to the stage area to get our spot. For those that don't know, we don't have snakes in New Zealand, so that experience freaked us out, and we give ourselves up as being tourists, and possibly looking like we were tripping. 

Oh yeah, almost every concert I've been to I've had to deal with snakes. It's just a hazard we have to accept in the U.S.😊

• Haha 3

I’m glad that Axl sounds good, and that the band sounds tight. I don’t want to come across as a hater, because I’m not, but seriously, drop Wichita and BHS, sub in any two alternates of your choice on any given night, and I’m a happy camper. 

Edited by The Real McCoy
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

I’m glad that Axl sounds good, and that the band sounds tight. I don’t want to come across as a hater, because I’m not, but seriously, drop Wichita and BHS, sub in any two alternates of your choice on any given night, and I’m a happy camper. 

They played neither tonight haha had they dropped Better and Coma and subbed in Shacklers and Patience then it would have flowed better, but Better and Coma were the only points I noticed people tuning out. (I love Coma btw) 

If anyone wants some alt’s on setlist to be played then I’d look at the two nights in Vegas. They alluded to Dead Horse and Locomotive with that pre show animation screen 

Edited by IncitingChaos
  • GNFNR 1

Axl is funny though. Pretty sure during Coma after he sang “I never really wanted to live” he said something along the lines of “I struggle with that” 

2 hours ago, Gibbo said:

Something like that

Setlist:
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live And Let Die
Slither
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Shadow Of Your Love
You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/Attitude
Civil War
Coma
Blues Jam/Sweet Child O' Mine
Wichita Lineman?
Wish You Were Here?

November Rain
Black Hole Sun?
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain

Don't Cry
Paradise City

No Wichita, nothing before November Rain (went fromSCOM straight to NR), no black hole sun but the rest looks right and Duff did Attitude 

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Could we have a confirmed setlist? setlist-fm says Wichita and BHS was played. Can anyone who attended this show have a look at @Gibbo's list and confirm it?

Gotcha 

Edited by IncitingChaos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Setlist:

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live And Let Die
Slither
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Shadow Of Your Love
You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/Attitude
Civil War
Coma
Blues Jam/Sweet Child O' Mine
November Rain
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain

Don't Cry
Paradise City

53 minutes ago, Corben01 said:

Anyone knows if Sirius have stream the show ? Anyone record it ?

No stream

• Thanks 1

Axl still sounding good on the videos I’ve seen so far. If he can keep these vocals going for the rest of this leg I’d say it’ll be the best sounding leg of the whole tour. 

Edit: just watched PC and that’s the first time I’ve seen Slash come off to the front of the stage and play since the UYI days 

Edited by Gold top 78

1 hour ago, Gold top 78 said:

Axl still sounding good on the videos I’ve seen so far. If he can keep these vocals going for the rest of this leg I’d say it’ll be the best sounding leg of the whole tour. 

Edit: just watched PC and that’s the first time I’ve seen Slash come off to the front of the stage and play since the UYI days 

I don't think it really hits the bar that 2016 set, but it's certainly better than 2017 or 2018.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AlexisGolnas said:

Most of the bands would wish to be on stage for 3hrs as this band does

I disagree. Most of the other bands are quite content and more than happy to play a shitty 1 hour set, collect their big paycheque and split imho. Not naming names but I know who most of the poseur offenders are

• Like 1