10/07/19 - Wichita, KS - INTRUST Bank Arena **Locomotive played for the first time since 1992**

alfierose

15 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

One song does not negate any of the legitimate complaints people can make about this tour. The set is bloated with covers, solos, and extended jams (Ahem, Rocket Queen). The setlists see virtually no variety, other than one ballad occasionally swapping for another, or Duff's song swapping for a different Duff song. Ticket prices have not gone down as they begin to hit markets for the second, or third times since the reunion - and in the case of Vegas, they've gone up. No tangible evidence of new music on the horizon. They can't even mix it up when they play an intimate gig like the Apollo or the Palladium. 

If they want to continue mixing it up, then fair play. But every time they randomly play something new to the set, it stays until it's been beaten to death. They're still playing random covers in tribute to musicians who died over two years ago. I would bet money that Locomotive just goes on to replace Coma, or at the very least it becomes an A/B rotation slot. Every song they've busted out over the tour points to one of these two scenarios. 

They can only drag this tour out for so long without making some drastic changes to the show, or dropping ticket prices. At some point, something has to change or it will become continual diminishing returns. 

I agree. Yeah it was exciting that they played this but they could've been doing a lot more this whole time. Also I think it would've had an even better impact if thay had played Locomotive at the Hollywood show. 

I do like though that they're starting to cut out some of the longer jams and covers. I don't miss Wish You Were Here and they're not doing BHS each show.

OH MY GOD I'm so fuckin happy I just needed to come here to comment that I'm so so happy they actually played locomotive!!! I can't believe it! That's my favorite song!! Oh man, that's so cool! I'm sorry I don't have any friends that likes guns as much as me anymore.

Edited by BooO

56 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

I'm one of the people who really doesn't have a problem with the Setlist, but this right here is killer.  A perfect set.

I would like to see Don't Cry added to the encore, but this to me looks so good. 

I hope they stop playing Black Hole Sun.  It was a cool tribute to Chris Cornell but I don't think GnR play it particularly well (it's not bad but not great) and the set has too many covers.  AND i actually like their cover of Wichita Lineman.  

So cool to see Locomotive on the set though.  Just as cool as it was seeing Coma on the set back in 2016.  Glad they made it a mainstay for so long.  

This is a good setlist, no BHS which is good. 

If they have done a computer video for locomotive i hope for those going to the other shows, it will be a mainstay in the setlist.

Edited by Sydney Fan

1 hour ago, Ninjapie24 said:

Quick, before some dick head decides to take it down

Great groove. FUCKIN awesome! 

The outro always been a favourite. My ringtone for long 👍

Edited by powa
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1