10/07/19 - Wichita, KS - INTRUST Bank Arena **Locomotive played for the first time since 1992**

alfierose

2 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Everyone needs to go easy on the lady screaming! It’s a concert, she’s not there to witness a music video being filmed, imagine being in the front row of a GNR concert and they bust out a deep cut they haven’t played in over a quarter of a century. I would be screaming too

That doesn't change the fact that it's fucking annoying. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

They did a great job with the song and I’m very grateful they did this for the fans, because the audience at the show was like “what’s going on?”. Hope they keep playing it (at least a few more times), so Axl is comfortable with the mic, audio, whatever it was, and can enjoy more because he was clearly tense the whole song. Even Slash seemed more concentrated than usual.

It’s the most complete illusion song. So many changes and things to remember. When I first started learning it on drums it was a nightmare. I bet frank didn’t find it too easy at first either. Once you learn the pattern and memorize the changes it’s a lot easier. Even though slash helped write the song it’s been years since he’s played it. It’s not comfortable like sweet child o mine is at this point. 

frank did a nice job. Everyone did. Can’t wait to hear it again 

1 minute ago, Axl_morris said:

That doesn't change the fact that it's fucking annoying. 

It’s annoying. I left a concert a few months ago myself due to a piss-ass drunk screaming (literally) in my ear the entire show. But in both cases, what are you going to do? It’s a concert and people are meant to be having fun. I guess my point is have some understanding.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

They did a great job with the song and I’m very grateful they did this for the fans, because the audience at the show was like “what’s going on?”. Hope they keep playing it (at least a few more times), so Axl is comfortable with the mic, audio, whatever it was, and can enjoy more because he was clearly tense the whole song. Even Slash seemed more concentrated than usual.

Slash didn't move he was making sure it sounded A game. Actually no one really fucked around.  go back to 92' they were smashed and feeling it....thank god for Sorum and helping write this piece. Frank did him right and stuck to the correct licks.

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

It’s annoying. I left a concert a few months ago myself due to a piss-ass drunk screaming (literally) in my ear the entire show. But in both cases, what are you going to do? It’s a concert and people are meant to be having fun. I guess my point is have some understanding.

Who cares I scream every lyric jump around and have NO FUCKS GIVEN,,Took my 8 year son to Jacksonville show front row and he came home told his sisters i looked like a boxing kangaroo...... Like u said were all there to have fun.  Bands thrive off that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

compare fellas 

I feel bad for the guy’s throat. I’m pretty sure that he has some trouble singing some songs because he used to scream like this. There’s no way the human body can take this for a long time, he is doing pretty good all things considered and I’m sooo happy we got to hear a great 2019 version of this amazing song! 👏🏻

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Antonio said:

So Fine will get great recognition in shows due to tokyo 92 and dead horse cause youtube video, I'm very anxious

i'm a big fan of so fine and i know others aren't but back in 92 especially in tokyo and oklahama they kill that song, axl and duff mesh well on it, the only concern i have is that Duff sang it back then super hammered and his voice sounded cool as a result, i'm not sure he can mimick that same wasted voice singing it but thats the charm of that song

im extremely worried about dead horse and axl pulling it off voice wise, i would say it's the hardest song to pull off in GNR's catalogue along with locomotive and don't damn me 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

1 minute ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

I'm extremely worried about dead horse and axl pulling it off voice wise, i would say it's the hardest song to pull off in GNR's catalogue along with locomotive and don't damn me 

I predict that he'll crush the first scream, then drop to his weak falsetto for most of the rest of it. Shouldn't sound too bad overall. I agree it's probably the hardest song to sing overall. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1